What is the little metal box that the master cylinder goes to called? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What is the little metal box that the master cylinder goes to called?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
tammaru
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What is the little metal box that the master cylinder goes to called?

Hi All,

Quick question... lost my brakes, brake line to front left wheel rusted through. ok. Made a new line, installed, uh oh I cross-threaded it on one side. What is the metal router(?) below the master cylinder that splits the 2 lines from the master to 4 and directs the brake fluid to the four wheels called?

Tarmo

tammaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Major Pain

1999 TJ Wrangler 

if I understand your description correctly it is the proportioning valve that splits the brake pressure to front and rear. splits it something like 70/30 more to the front less to rear. not sure if it evens out as you apply more pressure but I gutted mine out when it became an off-road toy more than daily driver.
Major Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I believe the whole thing is called the distribution block. The proportioning valve is integrated into the distribution block on most stock applications. I just replaced mine with an adjustable unit for when i have disks in the rear. To replace a stock one i would just go to a junk yard.

Here's the one i used if its of interest http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/det....cfm?nPID=8862
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
tammaru
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply! I think the junkyard might be the way to go... or Oconee! Can't find it anywhere else.
tammaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.