What kind of "Spring cleaning" have you done to your Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What kind of "Spring cleaning" have you done to your Jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
K2Racing

What kind of "Spring cleaning" have you done to your Jeep?

Little things and maintenance wise? I changed the oil today, lubed the chassis, and pulled off my air cleaner assembly and sanded, primed, and painted it high gloss black, looks better than new. I did the same thing to my lug wrench under the hood a couple of weeks ago, and built my own trunk cover out of plywood. Today I water sealed it and am going tomorrow to buy some marine carpet to cover it with. I like freshening things up with paint where I can, especially under the hood. Just wondering what some of you may have done in the past or plan on doing in the future.

4.2L, 5 Speed Tranny, 2" body lift, Shackles, 31x10.5x15 Pro Comp's mounted on Eagle 15x8 alloys

Last edited by K2Racing; 03-23-2005 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: spelling error
K2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
mrgeoff

i bought a new/used tow rig for my jeep and building a 20 ft trailer for it also.does that count.
mrgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
BeatAChevy289

I just got a set of black vinyl seat covers for the front seats and built a box for a single 10" subwoofer. I had the MTX hatch enclosure with two 10's sitting in the back seat but with the top down, the box would be easily stolen. So I built a box for one of them and the original box with the other on is in my bedroom. The one 10 does a good enough job for the summer months. I'll put the other box back in when it gets cold again. Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
jimmysjeepn
2007 MK Patriot 

ill be spraying the frame with some flat black here as soon as I know we wont be getting anymore snow. I hope that day comes soon.
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
BLLDOGG
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm hoping to get the tube rhyno lined for furture rusting and also were the drivers feet are at, the paint has been rubbed off alowing for very minor surface rust you can remove with an eraser

also, replacing the top and replacing the dash along with new gauges

as for mods....well see
()_)- ()_)-----)_)
BLLDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

got mine just about ready for some new paint, gotta take out the tails, gas filler surround, plate flipper, headlights, turns, remove flares and sand down tomorrow and friday, shoot some primer tuesday night after work, and hopefully some amber fire paint the following tuesday (I have access to a paint booth tuesday nights)

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
My Rusty Wrangler Project
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:46 AM   #7
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sanding complete tub down to bare metal and re-painting. 18 years of crud.

Spraying tomorrow, can't wait. Kawasaki green.

Oh, and on topic, seats, pads, carpet etc all getting a good scrubbing while it's all off.
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2005, 05:03 AM   #8
Mr. Notorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilViper95
got mine just about ready for some new paint, gotta take out the tails, gas filler surround, plate flipper, headlights, turns, remove flares and sand down tomorrow and friday, shoot some primer tuesday night after work, and hopefully some amber fire paint the following tuesday (I have access to a paint booth tuesday nights)
Amber fire is an awesome color for a Jeep. Good choice

As for my maintence, I'm going to work on the suspension. Actually I'm just going to replace it all with a BDS 3.5" I've been saving up for. I'm picking it up tomorrow Then paint the whole undercarriage while everything's out of my way. Including the axles.

1967 FJ, linked, 350 chevy, 35's, arbs, blah blah...
2002 TJ

"If you're not moving ahead, you're falling behind"
Mr. Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #9
COJAM

1. TFi ignition
2. 4.0 Head Swap
3. Dash swap
4. Strip, prime, body work and paint
5. Line the tub
6. New Front and rear bumpers
7. set-up for flat towing
8. New guages all around
9. bestop seat covers
10. New SuperTop
11. Time and tune.
12. I may even do a little wheeling
13. Oh yeah. New exhaust.
14. popcorn popper

Hey, since I am looking for colors anyone have an example of amber fire?

Yeah, I did this all at once. Not a good idea. PITA. just can't find the time.

What really sucks is that while it is while usually it would have been raining here in Seattle the last three months it has been sunny, warm and around 65 degrees. You have no idea how pissed I was that the jeep is in a few hundred parts on the garage floor.
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #10
JSLRedYJ

Still waiting for spring, but when it gets here I will:

Simple tune up items ( air filter, oil, plugs, o2 sensor[needs done] )
A VERY good cleaning in and out
Remove bumpers and re-paint
wax her up
new seatcovers and floor mats

AND LAST

pull off hard top and full doors for soft top and 1/2 doors
JSLRedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
pushead

I pulled my motor out so I could remove any dead lizards or cob webs from behind it. While I am at it I thought I could rebuild it. Oh and I just got some new bestop extended flares. Should be here tommorow.
Unread 03-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #12
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I bought my jeep in september...I've never actually seen it with the hard top and full steel doors off, so I'm pretty excited for it to stop snowing so I can get those off and throw on my bikini top. Other than that, spring cleaning pretty much means a whole squirt bottle of simple green in the engine compartment, and some serious time all over with the pressure washer before I take the top off.

I'd like to change the color of the vinyl on my tuffy console from grey to black too if it's possible...anyone know of any products that will effectively change the color of vinyl?
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2005, 02:42 AM   #13
OlllllllO Jeep1

Go to an Auto Body Supply and get vinyl dye.
OlllllllO Jeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:59 AM   #14
ginsy

lift, passanger seat, ammo boxes, hitch, tj flare conversion, and if i have enough cash after all that some body work, replacing the passenger fender and hood, and stripping, and sanding the red off and putting on a nother red with a candy coat thing on there. and anyone ever do the bedliner and carpet? i dont like the look of the bedliner, but i love the functionality of it.
ginsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #15
80cj5

i took a little brush and washed the inside of the doors with soap and water, washed the dash and all 3 seats then put armorall on the dash and it looks brand new, put 35's on a week ago and a 4brl carb up grade and can turn those 35's with no problem its great, calling for 50's all next week so hopefully i can get ahold ofa buffer and get a 3 or 4 stage wax job dont and make it look new again
1989 yj 4.2L, 3" rough country lift, 2" body, 1.5" shackle lift, sye, 35x12.5 cooper discovery stt's, costom rear bumper with d ring mounts, 4 brl holley 390cfm, offenhouser 4brl intake manifold, hollowed out cat, dynomax straight through muffler, t-case out of a ram, 4.11 gears, super dana 35 kit with detroit
80cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.