What kind/size suspension lift for 32" tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What kind/size suspension lift for 32" tires

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
MBrit13

What kind/size suspension lift for 32" tires

I have a 94 4cyl YJ and am definately getting 32" BFG mud-terrain. I have been researching around for the best lift kit but your guys advice would help tremendously.

I would like to get a suspension kit but nothing over $600. What brand would be best for good ride and good offroading? I have heard that a 2.5" suspension lift will fit 32s but does not have much room for any flex. Is that true?

Would a 3.5" lift kit be too much for 32s. [B]Does anyone have a picture of 32s on exactly a 3.5" lift? I dont really want it too look funny.

Would it be good to do a 2.5" with 5/8" shackles? What is better, a shackle lift or body lift?

Sorry about so many questions but i need to narrow my information down. Thanks

MBrit13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
BeatAChevy289

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrit13
I have a 94 4cyl YJ and am definately getting 32" BFG mud-terrain. I have been researching around for the best lift kit but your guys advice would help tremendously.

I would like to get a suspension kit but nothing over $600. What brand would be best for good ride and good offroading? I have heard that a 2.5" suspension lift will fit 32s but does not have much room for any flex. Is that true?

Would a 3.5" lift kit be too much for 32s. [B]Does anyone have a picture of 32s on exactly a 3.5" lift? I dont really want it too look funny.

Would it be good to do a 2.5" with 5/8" shackles? What is better, a shackle lift or body lift?

I have a 3" body lift and had 32's on it but have since gone down to 31's for speed and mpg reasons. But here is a pic of my 3" on 32's:

I think it is just about perfect. Maybe the extra half inch wouldn't hurt. If you want to extra clearance, I would go with like a 2.5" suspension lift and 1" body lift. I think lift shackles make the front of a YJ look kinda goofy. A 1" body lift won't hurt anything. I want to dump my 3" BL soon though. Let me know what you think. Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #3
thecarman

Im running 31x10.5's on my rig right now and all I did was a 2 inch shackle lift. But right now I am almost a strictly street driver and I still rub occassionally. So you might have to go with a combination body/suspension lift and a shackle lift if you decide not to go with the 3.5" lift. Even then you might need a little more room....
Unread 10-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
BeatAChevy289

I forgot to add that as flexed out as I could get mine with the 32's on it I never rubbed. Granted it had the stock suspension under it. But still. It never rubbed. Later <><
1966 Ford Mustang, Hi-Po 289 V8, 4:11's, I dare you to race me.
<><
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackyj95]Cardomain Site[/URL] (different from the other link)
BeatAChevy289 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
sjlplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrit13

32's work great with a 3.5" suspension lift. If you're concerned with rubbing at full flex, consider doing a TJ flare conversion. It allows you to trim your fenders for a larger opening, while maintaining that nice factory appearance.
sjlplat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

This topic comes up (or a new post it seems) two times per day.

I think most if not all of your questions could be answered here

" Lifts/Shocks/Tires "

I can't seem to find it now, but when I first stumbled onto this cool forum there use to be a pinned post that covered tire sizes and lifts what will fit with what.

I will see if I can find more information for you.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #7
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok found it.

Seems to not go in as much detail as I remember (could just be that I read so many posts about this topic).

Found the below info here : Jeep YJ - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

" What size of tires fit without rubbing?
Older YJ (sagged springs on stock rims with lots of miles) - 235/75r15
Newer YJ (non-sagged springs on stock rims with few miles) - 30x9.5r15
Newer YJ (non-sagged springs on non-stock rims with few miles) - 31x10.5r15
2.5" lift on stock rims - 32x10.5r15
4" lift on stock rims - 33x12.5r15

Backspacing on the standard rim is 3.5".

Stock height of Jeep to rocker panels - 18"
Wheelbase length of the YJ - 93.5"
Wheelbase width of the YJ - 57"
Ground clearance - 9"
Towing capacity - 1,000lbs with proper hitch (officially) - 2500lbs with proper hitch (un-officially) "

Hope this helps you out some.

I will look some more, but there is another sticky post that has pictures of readers rides with lift and tire combo's listed... I will post that too once I find it.

Unread 10-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #8
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok found it... it is also a sticky post at the top of the YJ Forum (after this I have to get to work).

How will my jeep look with xx" tires on x.x" of lift?

Hope all this information is helpful, plus in the link above there are several really nice YJ's with various lift and tire combo's might give you some additional ideas for your own YJ.

Unread 10-12-2004, 08:16 PM   #9
sjlplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down
Towing capacity - 1,000lbs with proper hitch (officially) - 2500lbs with proper hitch (un-officially)
Shhhh, don't tell anyone. I towed a few 4000lb+ cars with my '95 2.5L.
sjlplat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2004, 10:27 PM   #10
jeepnguns

I ran a 3.5" black diamond lift w/ 32" BFGs no track/ sway bars and got good articulation with very minimal rubbing. At the time i did not want any rubbing about a year later I was kicking myself for not running 33s.
Dana 44s Detroits w/ 5.89s
38" Swamper SX
Lots of other random things and dents
jeepnguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #11
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlplat
Shhhh, don't tell anyone. I towed a few 4000lb+ cars with my '95 2.5L.
Mums the word here - I read nothing, and I do not recall any such post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.