What the heck is this???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What the heck is this????

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-04-2002, 01:48 PM   #1
Jeep Named Thor

What the heck is this????

I ran self diagnostic on my Jeep and the hayes manual tells me that my automatic idle sensor is bad...can someone please tell me what the heck is going on? Is it a huge problem? do I need a new one and if so can I replace it myself? Thanks again guys.

31" BF Goodrich All Terrains
Affectionately named THOR
Jeep Named Thor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

When I run the diagnostic on my 93 yj I get a 33 (Air conditioning clutch relay) then 55 (End of Code Output). Guess what no A/C on this vehicle. Let me guess... Your vehicle does not have an automatic transmission. I'm assuming you got a 25 code (Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) circuit). If the sensor is not available it probably shows up as an open circuit and gets recorded in the code memory. I'm just guessing however, I don't know for sure that the AIS circuit is for an automatic transmission. A couple of other things to check. If your engine has about 82,500 miles it could be the Emissions Maintenance Reminder(EMR) telling you it is time to change the Oxygen sensor. I think you have to have the diag tool to reset that. Your dealer can reset it (you will probably have to convince him you replaced the O2 sensor and buy him a beer.)
HTH
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2002, 02:55 AM   #3
Quan

self diagnostic?? how do you run it?

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2002, 09:47 AM   #4
Kev
Master of the Obvious

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Quan:
<strong>self diagnostic?? how do you run it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With the key off, quickly turn the key on (without starting it)-off-on-off-on. The check engine light should then blink out any error codes stored in the computer. You can either look up the codes in a repair manual or post them here and I or someone else can look it up.

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.