What gear ratio comes factory in a 95 yj with 4cyl and auto tranny? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What gear ratio comes factory in a 95 yj with 4cyl and auto tranny?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
hartswelding
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What gear ratio comes factory in a 95 yj with 4cyl and auto tranny?

I just bought a 95 yj with an automatic tranny and 4 banger. (dont laugh) for the misses to drive! I am just curious as to what the factory gear ratio is in the rears... the jeep has absolutely no power at all. Thanks

hartswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

What are the specs on the rig???
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
hartswelding
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The jeep has 4" suspension lift 2" body lift had 35's but i downsized to 33's the auto tranny is nice for ease of driving but really doesnt put alot of power to the rear wheels i was hoping that upgrading to a 4:11 ratio would help just for crusing around
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartswelding View Post
The jeep has 4" suspension lift 2" body lift had 35's but i downsized to 33's the auto tranny is nice for ease of driving but really doesnt put alot of power to the rear wheels i was hoping that upgrading to a 4:11 ratio would help just for crusing around
WIth 33's and an auto you need to go lower than 4.10's.
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
hartswelding
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What would you recomend 4:88's or 4:56's I have got a line on some 4:10 rears for cheaper than i can buy one gear setup for... and i just figured that they would get me around better for some summer cruising. I know that unless i go lower it wont ever be a powerhouse but it will be better than i am setup right now.
Unread 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartswelding View Post
What would you recomend 4:88's or 4:56's I have got a line on some 4:10 rears for cheaper than i can buy one gear setup for... and i just figured that they would get me around better for some summer cruising. I know that unless i go lower it wont ever be a powerhouse but it will be better than i am setup right now.
Before you do anything, I would physically confirm what gears you have. Either by looking and counting the teeth or finding the tag.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.