What first - Lift or Locker??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What first - Lift or Locker???

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 03-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Winch then lift. Got a winch and it sagged my front hoping a nice 2.5" kit will help it level out

sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Personally I'd go with the lift first for a better ride and handling on and off road. If you go out with at least one other rig you wont need a winch for awhile so make it your second purchase. Lastly get a locker but above all learn to wheel your rig stock then upgrade it to suit your wheeling needs.
Here's a case and point.....
I had a stock 88 YJ with open diffs on 31 MT's and a friend had an LJ locked front and rear and all the toys also on 31 MT's. We went out wheeling together and I ended up having to tug him out of a few mud holes that he got stuck in that I walked right through. We both had roughly the same size lift but he just went nuts and bought everything for his rig at once and then couldn't figure out why he couldn't go where I did with my stocker. Learn your rig and it's capabilities in stock form and when you do end up building it up you will be able to go where the "Big boys" can with a smaller rig with no problems.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift , locker

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.