What does your herculined jeep look like - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What does your herculined jeep look like

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
cody11ca
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What does your herculined jeep look like

I used the JC whitney bedliner a couple years ago and now it is a faded black and not as pretty as it was on day one.

Does the herculiner hold up better to sun and not loose the color? Im thinking about tearing out my old liner and starting over. I dont like the way it looks now after doing it probably 3 yrs ago.

Can i see pictures if you have any of your liner that has been in your jeep and seen the elements

Sacramento Jeepers Group #8
cody11ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
89YJmoneypit
KMG365

1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is the only pic I have that really shows anything and it's not much. This is after 6 years, and it's topless from March to October. For the first 2 years it was my daily driver and it rarely had more than a bikini top on it all summer, so it's been rained on quite a bit. I used the Herculiner kit you can get a Walmart for around $80, it's faded some but not too bad.

Red Jeep club #8

97 ZJ Laredo
4.0, 42re, NP242
Was my daily driver, now son's college wheels.

Marseilles Fire Dept: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4461494...th/7659346164/
89YJmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
sailmike83
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89YJmoneypit View Post
This is the only pic I have that really shows anything and it's not much. This is after 6 years, and it's topless from March to October. For the first 2 years it was my daily driver and it rarely had more than a bikini top on it all summer, so it's been rained on quite a bit. I used the Herculiner kit you can get a Walmart for around $80, it's faded some but not too bad.

Nice Heileman's tap! My grandpa used to tear that stuff up when he would go to Wisconson.

How does the Herculiner deal with heat? Does the floor get crazy hot?
sailmike83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
89YJmoneypit
KMG365

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't really noticed much heat from it, I don't have much to compare to though since I tore out the carpet right after I bought it. That tapper handle is one of my "treasures" from my garbageman days You wouldn't believe the stuff people throw out. Where are you at in FL? I just left PCB yesterday, lots of Jeeps down there. Love the weather.
Red Jeep club #8

97 ZJ Laredo
4.0, 42re, NP242
Was my daily driver, now son's college wheels.

Marseilles Fire Dept: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4461494...th/7659346164/
89YJmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
cody11ca
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good stuff, mine is a nice off black, really faded right now.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #8
cody11ca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #6
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What does your herculined jeep look like
Like a $1,000,000,000! It looks fine. I put the factory carpet in when I put the hardtop on for winter so it's only exposed during the spring thru fall. I do have to repair a few spots that got gouged hauling stuff, Transmission, propane tanks, etc. I pull the plugs and hose it out.
Unread 08-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Dores37
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I originally used Al's Bedliner but had a little trouble with the spray gun and the paint hardening up. I finished the job with a can of Herculiner. I do not know if it was bad or not to mix the two, but I wanted it to look right. I did sand the tub for about a week and used Acetone to really clean it

Before:

After:

Dores37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #8
DocWills
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I can recommend herculiner.It will partially fade over time to grey. It does reducenoise.
DocWills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Before I put everything back inside, including the heater box....

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody11ca View Post
I used the JC whitney bedliner a couple years ago and now it is a faded black and not as pretty as it was on day one.

Does the herculiner hold up better to sun and not loose the color? Im thinking about tearing out my old liner and starting over. I dont like the way it looks now after doing it probably 3 yrs ago.

Can i see pictures if you have any of your liner that has been in your jeep and seen the elements
Check these guys out on the forum:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/i...-liner-875162/

This is what I am about to use for mine. No fading, smoother finish...near the last page there is a guy who did his entire exterior with it! Very Cool!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.