What do you think of this Lift/suspension? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you think of this Lift/suspension?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #46
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The lift was the cheapest part of running the rubber. By FAR!! The recommendations that were made for you were done with careful consideration to your wallet and your passengers as well. You have a lot to read up on, young jeep Padawan. If I were you I would spend time going through at least 100 profiles of members and cross referencing that info in each catalog you can find.

Unread 06-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

They would be ok with the OME springs if you didnt max them out. You dont want your shocks to keep your suspension from traveling. Thats what bump stops are for.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget to check local/state laws about bumper height, frame height and other requirements before you purchase anything. I can't tell you how many guys I have seen pulled over and ticketed for driving their dune runners down the street because they didn't know about the 26" bumper height in Michigan.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
SuperMidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
Don't forget to check local/state laws about bumper height, frame height and other requirements before you purchase anything. I can't tell you how many guys I have seen pulled over and ticketed for driving their dune runners down the street because they didn't know about the 26" bumper height in Michigan.
And yet another reason I love arkansas
SuperMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #50
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
right. i will look into it. i would not want to invest in a lift if it is not legal
Jrivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #51
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The lift was the cheapest part of running the rubber. By FAR!! The recommendations that were made for you were done with careful consideration to your wallet and your passengers as well. You have a lot to read up on, young jeep Padawan. If I were you I would spend time going through at least 100 profiles of members and cross referencing that info in each catalog you can find.
and i appreciate the recommendations... it prevented me from buying full out junk.. i do have a lot to read, but i also have a lot of time, and i am plenty happy with how my jeep is right now. patience is key. through time i will mod it up and stuff
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #52
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
They would be ok with the OME springs if you didnt max them out. You dont want your shocks to keep your suspension from traveling. Thats what bump stops are for.
Hmm... so you are saying there are a few other things i should additionally to what has all ready been recommended? I really have to find out everything I need to do the lift. extensive research.. and oh, i checked my tires. the engraving on the tires say 31's. so my tires are 31's not 30's. woops. at least my tires are 1 inch less puny. i may look into getting 33's and a lift higher than 2.5 inches. did not want bigger tires at first, but 33's would be a nice upgrade and then i could have the 4 inch lift i originally wanted in the first place.
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I noticed before that someone mentioned with a 4 inch lift, i will need SYE and other stuff that arre not cheap.. does all the other stuff only apply with a 4 inch suspension lift? will i need a bunch of extra stuff too with just a 2.5 inch suspension, and a 1 inch body lift?
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #54
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The exclusion of the SYE was factored into the 2.5" lift suggestion.
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #55
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

noticed my current shocks are ranchos... so maybe my the suspension and all is rancho. i do like the ride of my jeep with the current rancho shocks.. anyone have any information on the rancho shocks and suspension?
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #56
Anticanman

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tell ya what.

Make a plan based on tires and we will go in one direction instead of this ADD based thought process.
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #57
Relicmoto
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just to throw it out there, here's my jeep. It has 31's with a skyjacker 4" lift and the rugged ridge 7 inch flairs. Just something to look at.
image.jpg  
Relicmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Tell ya what.

Make a plan based on tires and we will go in one direction instead of this ADD based thought process.
I have a pretty good guideline on what I want, so I won't need anymore suggestions or anything. Now it's just a matter of getting the money, buying, and installing. As I mention it will be awhile. Buying other things for my jeep first
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #59
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relicmoto View Post
Just to throw it out there, here's my jeep. It has 31's with a skyjacker 4" lift and the rugged ridge 7 inch flairs. Just something to look at.
That is a straight up 4 inch lift? How's the ride on it? I have heard skyjack is not too good.
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #60
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relicmoto View Post
And that actually does not look silly at all. I like the look of tires with the lift. Guess 31's don't look to bad on a 4 inch lift.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.