What do you think of this Lift/suspension? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you think of this Lift/suspension?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

What do you think of this Lift/suspension?

hello,
I looked at my jeep, and figured that it does not have much of a lift to it... I decided that i would like to put a 4", mainly to make the jeep look more appealing to myself. I do not know much about lift kits and such, but i went browsing along and found this lift kit/suspension: http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-Je...fMTM3540-20023
can anyone give me their opinions on this kit? good? bad? It is pretty affordable and appealing to a 16 near 17 year old with hopes of modding his wrangler. I know I get what I pay for. i am not exactly sure if i will do much offroading(though riding around the bumps on my yard is quite thrilling and i already broke a fluid line doing that). the jeep is going to be mainly a daily driver, but the offroading is still within temptations. my father would be installing the kit, he says he knows how to do it, so i do not think i will have much trouble with that. If the kit is not any good, i definitely can save up a couple hundred more, probably close $800, and get something better, but that would be a lot of my pay checks... and if so, what would you guys recommend that is within the highs schoolers budget and is good?
I appreciate any input.

Jrivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

2.5" OME
1" Daystar body lift
3/4" boomerang shackles
4 Bilstein shocks...

For a lift that actually has a nice ride and won't jar your bones to death. That way the chicks won't mind riding in it and it will work great off road.

Springs with that much arch will beat the daylights out of you.
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
2.5" OME
1" Daystar body lift
3/4" boomerang shackles
4 Bilstein shocks...

For a lift that actually has a nice ride and won't jar your bones to death. That way the chicks won't mind riding in it and it will work great off road.

Springs with that much arch will beat the daylights out of you.
is all that what you are suggesting me to get as a lift? a 2.5 inch lift? does having a 4 in lift make it such a rough ride that it will deter girls? lol. 4 inches just look so appealing to me... i mean any height would look more appealing than what it is right now. I have very little knowledge about lifts and all that. Wranglers in general. I shall learn. i am already obsessed with wranglers though, and plan to invest a lot of my pay checks into making it how i want it.
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

if not the above mentioned kit, how about this 3.5 inch superlift lift kit?http://www.quadratec.com/products/16207_015.htm This one seems more appealing in a sense, and is not much more expensive. edit:never mind it does not bring the shocks :/
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
SuperMidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrivv View Post
is all that what you are suggesting me to get as a lift? a 2.5 inch lift? does having a 4 in lift make it such a rough ride that it will deter girls? lol. 4 inches just look so appealing to me... i mean any height would look more appealing than what it is right now. I have very little knowledge about lifts and all that. Wranglers in general. I shall learn. i am already obsessed with wranglers though, and plan to invest a lot of my pay checks into making it how i want it.
read the whole post... the setup they suggested comes out to around 4"+ total and won't ride as harsh as straight deep arched 4" springs along will
SuperMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMidget View Post
read the whole post... the setup they suggested comes out to around 4"+ total and won't ride as harsh as straight deep arched 4" springs along will
Oh. again, i don't enough about the topic to realize that it was still 4 inch lift.
any links to such a setup?
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/manufacture...sion/index.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16053_30X_PG.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_309X_PG.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16070_204.htm

Just an example. They can be ordered from several different places

His suggestion (which is a good one) will give you 3.25" suspension lift + 1" body = 4.25"
The higher the suspesion lift the more problems you will have with driveshaft angles and steering.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrivv View Post
Oh. again, i don't enough about the topic to realize that it was still 4 inch lift.
any links to such a setup?
Buying each of those pieces individually will be more conducive to the budget minded. I know I can't afford a chunk of change all at once because I'm terrible at saving and you're a teenager so you're worse than me.

Think of it as lift layaway. Open your mind and listen closely. You're being given the gift of wisdom through experience, here. And yes, your jeep will drop panties left and right.
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Theres definitely a sig worthy quote in there. Like Anti said, this method allows you to install the springs, shackles and body lift all separately. You may want to do just springs and body lift, or just body lift and shackles etc.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Buying each of those pieces individually will be more conducive to the budget minded. I know I can't afford a chunk of change all at once because I'm terrible at saving and you're a teenager so you're worse than me.

Think of it as lift layaway. Open your mind and listen closely. You're being given the gift of wisdom through experience, here. And yes, your jeep will drop panties left and right.
as impatient as i can be, i am not too bad at saving up... i saved up my first few pay checks, in which i cashed out and had $500+ in my wallet, and spent it on a softopper for my jeep since i did not have a soft top. saving up the money for a lift is just the same as it was saving for the top. i am open minded about this stuff, and i do want to learn because i do not enjoying not knowing nearly anything about wranglers, yet i am obsessed with them
. my only problem buying individual parts is that i do not know all the parts i need for the lift... i will forget to buy some crucial parts. anyway i figured i am going to wait awhile for the lift, and so some more research and saving up. dropping panties.. haha, i know a few girls that like my wrangler already. as as simple as it is.
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Theres definitely a sig worthy quote in there. Like Anti said, this method allows you to install the springs, shackles and body lift all separately. You may want to do just springs and body lift, or just body lift and shackles etc.
so, It's not necessary to buy it all at once and install it all at once? i guess i can see the benefit in it. as anti mentioned, i do not have to the cash out all at once if i upgrade individually.. i just do not know what to start with first, and what needs to be upgraded together to function properly.
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
http://www.quadratec.com/manufacture...sion/index.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16053_30X_PG.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_309X_PG.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16070_204.htm

Just an example. They can be ordered from several different places

His suggestion (which is a good one) will give you 3.25" suspension lift + 1" body = 4.25"
The higher the suspesion lift the more problems you will have with driveshaft angles and steering.
Thanks for the links! those parts are not all that i need right? I have to buy myself a YJ wrangler repair and modding book to gain some insite. way to clueless here. ha i did not know that about the suspension height. i do not think i want complications with steering...
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

any idea what I should upgrade first or purchase together? Springs? shocks? body lift? shackles? something else i am missing?
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can get insight here for free. The Cherokee stock pitman arm can be used as a Yj drop replacement and you can relocate your brake lines instead of purchasing new ones.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...61/?highlight=
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Buy the body lift and shackles first.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.