What do you guys think of this locker set-up? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What do you guys think of this locker set-up?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-04-2002, 05:41 PM   #1
Missin44

What do you guys think of this locker set-up?

Looks like I will be setting up my lockers sooner than I thought. See my other posts if wondering why.

'92 YJ 5 speed, 6 cyl., 4:10 diff, 31" tires(may go to 32's some day)
Kicking around the idea of OX Locker(Maybe ARB) up front with True Trac Limited slip in rear. The main reason I have to do it now, front ring and pinion must be replaced.

Would like to have street manners as close to stock as possible or better. Really looking for the best combination of street and off-road use. What do you guys think? Any other options I should look at?

'92 YJ, 4.0L, 5 spd, OX Locked front, 4:10 gears, BDS 3.5" lift, reverse shackles, Ford 8.8 Limited-slip rear, York OBA, JB Conversions SYE Kit, CV driveshft, Centerforce II clutch, Big Daddy Step Rock Rails, Skid Row Top Prop, Big Daddy OffRoad Front Bumper, Yokahoma Geolander 32's, Rokmen Riddler differential cover
Missin44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:09 AM   #2
kidwired

use the ox in the rear and the l/s in the front. or better yet do ox/ox or arb/arb

you will be sorry having the l/s in the rear instead of a true locker when you get in the touch sections.
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
bobznew

Quote:
Originally posted by kidwired:
use the ox in the rear and the l/s in the front. or better yet do ox/ox or arb/arb

you will be sorry having the l/s in the rear instead of a true locker when you get in the touch sections.
True dat. Full locker should be in the REAR, IMHO.
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:40 AM   #4
RodeoRob

I agree with the selectable in the front... if you've ever wheeled on hard surface's such as Moab slickrock with an autolocking (lockright) front, you'll definitely know what i mean... damn thing never unlocks! Sure you can always get out and unlock a hub (thats if you have hub locks) to make turns, but this is a PITA. If I was to buy only one selectable locker, i'd put it in the front.

I currently run a OX front and Detriot rear in my Isuzu. I used to run lockright front and no-slip rear and choose to go with the selectable front for the reason above.

IMO, autolockers (lockright, noslip, detriot) aren't that bad in the rear, even for a daily driver (which my rig is).

-Rob

EDIT: If you want the best of both worlds, onroad and off, and price isn't a consideration, I vote for OX/OX or ARB/ARB. You can't beat selectability.
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.