what to do what to do - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what to do what to do

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
offroadjunkie95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what to do what to do

k minus all the backstory my tranny just went on me and its stuck between 3rd gear and neutral, but acts like its in neutral.... I was able to coast to a parking lot gonna have it towed this afternoon... also last week broke a bunch of teeth off some things inside my front diff while i was recovering a friend from being stuck... options..

try to get front diff fixed at a shop as I don't have available tools or knowhow of gears

can do my transmission myself. best I've found so far is smartpartsautodotcom ax-15 795$ for rebuilt but they don't ship to canada so then theres the shipping to and from a place like shiphappens or reship.. plus smartparts wants my core or i pay another 300$ on top of the 795 so thats a pain..

what do i do here.. do i do that or is there an easier solution?? any donor truck i should be looking at at this point?? my engine is good 4.0 have a 8.8 in the rear brand new rear driveshaft np231-j t-case

hellp please i dont want to just waste money haahha

offroadjunkie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

get a tranny from a upull. go get a new dana 30 or w/e your front axle is from upull and swap the whole axle. all depends on what you broke if thats worth it or not. if its just an axle shaft thats not too hard.
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
offroadjunkie95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
get a tranny from a upull. go get a new dana 30 or w/e your front axle is from upull and swap the whole axle. all depends on what you broke if thats worth it or not. if its just an axle shaft thats not too hard.
1 tranny from u pull not possible gotta go with rebuilt already explained in thread also not gonna happen broke looks like crown gear stripped in front end... soa so if i change axle gotta weld on new perches and like i said dont have tools to change everything out and good luck finding any of that stuff anywhere close to me, ecspecially in a junkyard hahahah the question was for the 2500$ im going to spend is there an easier direct swap with any trucks or should i just spend the money

even if there was a upull im not spending 5 to 800 dollars on a tranny that could be in just as ****ty condition going into the yard thanks anyways though
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I suggest you upgrade to something stronger than a Dana 30 when running 38" tires. This is your golden opportunity to fix a big problem.
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
offroadjunkie95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I suggest you upgrade to something stronger than a Dana 30 when running 38" tires. This is your golden opportunity to fix a big problem.

I understand this.. And it's why I'm here asking what is the smartest way to go about this situation I'm in
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Smartest thing to do is replace the tires with 35's or the front axle with a Dana 60. Check your local Craigslist for any parts available and try the local off road clubs to see if anyone can point you in the direction of some good used parts

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.