What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 996 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #14926
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy93 View Post
it's prety simple, just get a coupling nut, and a piece of threaded rod (or cut the head off of a bolt), and an coulple nuts (to use as jamb nuts to keep it tight). Remove the shifter knob and put a regular nut and the coupling nut in it's place. Then you put the threaded rod into the coupling nut, and put on another jamb nut. then just reinstall the shift knob.
Also, IIRC, the thread size is 3/8"x16.
Dang it, I can't do that. I broke the old thread of the shifter when I put the new shifter nob on about 2 years ago. Thx though

nohl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #14927
drbandkgb
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohl75 View Post
How did you do this, I need to compensate for my body lift.
ebay... 2.50 no shipping..
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #14928
smosher604
1990 YJ Wrangler 

today i hooked my jeep up to a tow bar and had my wife tow it home from work because after changing out pretty much all my ignition and fuel system i find out that my problem is ignition control module
smosher604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #14929
Joe203

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Had the new rubber seal installed in the windshield, installed the "Jeep" graphic on the side, and installed my door edge guards. This morning when it was 18 deg. I adjusted the fast idle to about 1400 RPM.
Joe203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #14930
Ron_K
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclark2074 View Post
For now may I sugest plexiglass. just get it the same thickness then cut it with a jigsaw with the film on so it dos not scrach. I now you will still want the real glass but untel you can find it you wont be cold
I found some Lexan today..ok back to happy mood

Took me most of the day to make the new window, and install then totally redo the adjustment on the hard top.
I had to rework my spreaders, and since the person I was trying to get their junk spreaders kinda flaked on me I just repaired mine till I redo my cage.

I am finally happy.

anyway enough hot air...

91 YJ, rear body armor with rock rails and TJ filler conversion. LED Tail lights. 33 x 15.50 x 15 SS TSL SX's on black steelies. Home made Bumpers and swing out tire carrier. MileMarker H9000 Winch, H/T & Bikini Top, full doors & half doors. ~RIP~ C.D.K. 11-11-08 (miss you baby)
NTM 1989 XJ 2 Door Cherokee Sport, I6/auto/Swingout carrier, Custom Stereo system that makes my heart skip a beat.. IT'S My New DD and da^% happy to say I finally own one ;)
Ron_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #14931
Jeeprey
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I notice a lot of pics of aftermarket cold air intakes. A facebook friend of mine recently put a new CAI on his Jeep and raves about it. From some of the research I've done, it doesn't seem to really make a huge difference in performance. I'm in Colorado and my Jeep rarely gets wet, anyone care to chime in about CAIs good or bad?
Jeeprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #14932
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have the 2.5L in mine, and added a CAI to see if it helped w/ hp. It seems to have helped somewhat, but maybe that's the $250 I spent telling me that it helps.
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #14933
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeprey View Post
I notice a lot of pics of aftermarket cold air intakes. A facebook friend of mine recently put a new CAI on his Jeep and raves about it. From some of the research I've done, it doesn't seem to really make a huge difference in performance. I'm in Colorado and my Jeep rarely gets wet, anyone care to chime in about CAIs good or bad?
One of the pictures is mine. If I could go back and get my stock intake, I would, but my dad unknowingly threw it out. It sounds cool, but it sucks other than that. It does not help with horsepower. The only thing is does is suck in more water. The stock intake let's more than enough air into the motor, so a CAI is not justifiable one bit. CAI and TB spacers are junk and a waste of money.
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #14934
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would imagine anything that lets it breath better should be helpful. I did notice a good difference in top end power when i upgraded my muffler from stock to an excelerator (flowmaster knockoff) really made a big difference in being able to sustain speed on the highway, but not nearly as much as 4.88 gears did!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #14935
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmooreusmc View Post
I have the 2.5L in mine, and added a CAI to see if it helped w/ hp. It seems to have helped somewhat, but maybe that's the $250 I spent telling me that it helps.
$250!!! I built mine for $30. That is the worst upgrade you could have ever got for $250. Do some research, you will find out from the experts that CAI on a Jeep is a huge waste of money and actually lets in more dirt and water than stock intake.
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #14936
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohl75 View Post
$250!!! I built mine for $30. That is the worst upgrade you could have ever got for $250. Do some research, you will find out from the experts that CAI on a Jeep is a huge waste of money and actually lets in more dirt and water than stock intake.
Okay, I looked it up and it was $190, but yeah, tell me about it. I was a "newbie" when I did it. I listened to a guy who said it would make a world of difference. It didn't. I didn't know about the forum then either. Lessons learned I guess. Wish I had that $190 back, it could help fund a new rear bumper.
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #14937
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibstools View Post
I would imagine anything that lets it breath better should be helpful. I did notice a good difference in top end power when i upgraded my muffler from stock to an excelerator (flowmaster knockoff) really made a big difference in being able to sustain speed on the highway, but not nearly as much as 4.88 gears did!
Yea true, but the air already breathes just fine, so the CAI doesn't make it breathe better. I have a magnaflow exhaust on mine, it made a huge difference, but my cat was clogged before.
Unread 01-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #14938
Dores37
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The last 2 days I have replaced a blown out slave cylinder, rebuilt the exhaust, replaced the valve cover gasket, sanded and painted the cover with engine enamel, changed the oil and oil filter, sanded and undercoated the gas tank, undercoated above the tranny/transfer case, replaced the rear driveshaft seal, and I think that is it.

Tomorrow I plan on replacing all the spark plugs and wires, changing the fan belt, and welding up the broken exhaust mounts.

And none of this would be possible without the works of some Bud. Or a lot of Buds
Dores37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #14939
idpasteve
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed a K & N FIPK kit on the 4.0-
throttle response is better!!
Noticed the intake tube on the K & N looks
like an expansion chamber for a two stroke...
hmm tuned???
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #14940
fishsniper
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Over the past two days: took off the rusty lights, used a wire wheel to knock the rust off back to chrome, and painted them with a Rustoleum textured black.
p1190288.jpg   p1190285.jpg   p1210290.jpg  
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #464[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
93 YJ, 2" BL w/ 2.5" springs, rear track bar removed, 31x10.50s DuraTracs, 4.0, 5 speed
On a quiet night you can hear the sounds of a HUMMER rusting in the mud, and the man crying when a JEEP is pulling him out
fishsniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.