What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 951 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #14251
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought 2 spicer U-joints for the dana 30 axle shafts. $33.00 each. I am told these are the right ones for my 1995. 4WheelParts warehouse had them in stock.
I also bought a Warn winch plate. ($119.00) p/n 21390. The design changed for the mounting side plates since the last time I looked at this a couple weeks ago. So the side plate mounting is lower profile, an improvement. It's black too. It used to come in a grey color from Warn. I am going to post pictures of this plate soon. Just wanted to post the Spicer U-joints I bought today.

img_1383.jpg   img_1384.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #14252
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
I bought 2 spicer U-joints for the dana 30 axle shafts. $33.00 each. I am told these are the right ones for my 1995. 4WheelParts warehouse had them in stock.
I also bought a Warn winch plate. ($119.00) p/n 21390. The design changed for the mounting side plates since the last time I looked at this a couple weeks ago. So the side plate mounting is lower profile, an improvement. It's black too. It used to come in a grey color from Warn. I am going to post pictures of this plate soon. Just wanted to post the Spicer U-joints I bought today.
If your 30 still has the original 95 axle shafts they will be right. As far as I know 95 was the only year YJ that had the bigger joints. I just picked up an XJ solid shaft for mine gonna can the disco. I also purchased two alloy usa serviceable joints from Oconee off road. They are heavy duty but have needle grease fittings in each cap so you can keep them lubed. they were 32 each free shipping.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #14253
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I purchased a cheap digital camera with a flash, so I can document all these night time XJ rescue missions I've been going on. You know the old saying no pics, it never happened! Only thing I've had recently was my cell phone.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #14254
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Added a bit of holiday cheer.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #14255
Stryker777

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just did the same thing as UltimatE. Actually my kids and wife did it to my YJ. I told them they wont be putting a bow on my Jeep this year lol. They snuck out in the 14 degree weather in the middle of the night to do it. I did not notice it till I got to a job site and everyone was looking at the big red bow on my muddy black Jeep.

Good family Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

In GOD we trust. It's a Jesus thing.
Stryker777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #14256
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

just had really really long talk with her, because her new front axle is bleeding and i was sure she wasnt at that age yet!!!!!
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #14257
mark1305

1989 YJ Wrangler 

After baking and curing the header paint yesterday on the exhaust mainfold, today I cleaned up the intake manifold and carb with various cleaners and brushes. Then decided to check a few vacuum items. Diaphram shot in the EGR - Oh, wait! that appears to be a stealth blank off plate hidden under the EGR in amongst all that silicone gasket goo. Yes, it is. Hhmmm, the solevac was hooked up on the carb, but diaphram is shot and the plunger doesn't quite reach the adjuster screw on the carb linkage(or the adjuster screw doesn't quite reach the plunger). So thats two items hooked to their vacuum sources that basically flowed air right on through. I had already found another open "T" in one of the bigger hoses (without going out to look at the labels I stuck on, I think it was part of the big hose going to the evap cannister). And the Jeep has run fine since I brought it home.

As I keep going through cleaning and checking emissions hardware before putting it back together with the new manifold gaskets, I keep finding more little things that in theory should just destroy cold starting, idling, and rob power. The fact that I'm finding little things that have been "massaged" like the EGR and solevac adjuster makes me wonder whether it was done to bypass things to try and enhance performance with the Carter carb setup, or whether it was done simply to bypass an expensive item or two that wore out and quit functioning and keep things looking stock and correct for whatever reasons.

And the last thing for today, I took a break in the middle of this post and finished tracing out and removing all the wiring and components from an old alarm system that had long since given up and was just cluttering up the under-dash area with its own harness and wires scattered all around. Some of the hookups to the stock wiring were interesting, adequate, but interesting. I'm damn glad I've had about 3 years of electrical fabrication (sport yacht factory) under my belt when I dug into this wiring nest.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #14258
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I hauled some building materials in the back. . . (2) 1"x10"x6' boards, (2) 1"x6"x6' boards, (4) 2"x4"x8' boards, (1) 3/4"x4'x4' piece of plywood, and a box of wood screws. lol Tomorrow's going to be fun, I have to somehow get some paneling and a 1/2"x4'x8' sheet of drywall home to finish up the project I'm working on in my basement. . .

Besides driving it, I've been mostly pissed off about the broken speedometer and the unknown cause of the clunking noise from the front right suspension when making left turns. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #14259
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Left a chunk of my knuckle on the upper thermostat housing bolt.....and that was just to change the therm.
Today I get to do the water pump so I can drive my jeep to work tomorrow and not my brothers civic!!

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #14260
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Took the dash apart on my lunch break and reconnected the cables to shut the da#% vent so I can cut down to one pair of socks on my commute
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #14261
lifewalk
1991 YJ Wrangler 

installed my cobra 29 ltd army cb. This weekend installing my thornbird 33"s.
lifewalk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #14262
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Put it in time out.
When it lets go of the fan bolts it can come out.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #14263
jmmorgan82

Replaced some dash light bulbs and realized that yes indeed, the heater controls actually are supposed to light up.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #14264
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
Replaced some dash light bulbs and realized that yes indeed, the heater controls actually are supposed to light up.
Really!?!?
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #14265
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My dad's lit up for the first time the other day...and his Wrangler is civilized compared to mine. I was more than surprised becaue I used to use a flashlight to see the controls at night. Well up untill I knew by heart which control was which!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.