What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 92 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #1366
ONEMORE2
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Shackels

New shackels are on ,new grab handles and Kc light covers,one night this week the LockRight locker will go in.

88yj, incubus off road wheels,32"tsl radial super swampers,2.5" pro comp lift ,kc lights,rock lights,8000lb.mile marker winch,best top bikini top,nutterbypass,lock right locker in the rear,TJ flares,poison spyder rock rails,home made front flat fenders,Skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks,procomp rear bumper,CB.more to come.
92yj,black with flame job.I have now added a 2003 wrangler,2"BB,dick cepek wheels ,trail armor all four corners,33" BFG-AT's.life is good.
ONEMORE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #1367
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just cleaned inside a little (still dirty as hell), removed all the backseat hardware (seatbelts, floor brackets, side brackets), removed some old wires from a sub the PO had put in there, took all the soft top hardware off, bagged all the parts removed for the winter, getting it ready for the hardtop. Original plan was to go until Thanksgiving w/o a top, but last nights drive home at 930pm proved to me that this was gonna be a cold fall/winter. I'd put the hardtop on now if I had some help.
Unread 10-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #1368
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper
should upgrade again and get a Dmax.... ....nah just not sold on the dually look for hte new dodge....looks...unfinished or something....MEGA cab to..big truck...
Actually there's several reasons why the chebby & ford were not even a consideration.

I have a '03 2500 Dodge & wanted to upgrade to a 3500 for several reasons.

The 2500 is a 2wd, the 3500 is 4wd

The 2500 is equipped with a brake controller, class V hitch, camper tie-in kit, Lance camper electrical kit, air bags, and is a shortbed that every single item from my 2500 can be migrated to the '07 3500.

If I went with a different mfgr (chevy/ford etc), I'd be looking at all sorts of junk that I'd rather avoid spending $ on again.

If you have a BIG camper like I do, there are all sorts of items you need to address to be able to tow safely behind it (extensions) & have a good suspension system under it that will carry the heavy load in the bed of a short bed truck (or long bed truck) and handle the tongue weight too.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #1369
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard
Actually there's several reasons why the chebby & ford were not even a consideration.

I have a '03 2500 Dodge & wanted to upgrade to a 3500 for several reasons.

The 2500 is a 2wd, the 3500 is 4wd

The 2500 is equipped with a brake controller, class V hitch, camper tie-in kit, Lance camper electrical kit, air bags, and is a shortbed that every single item from my 2500 can be migrated to the '07 3500.

If I went with a different mfgr (chevy/ford etc), I'd be looking at all sorts of junk that I'd rather avoid spending $ on again.

If you have a BIG camper like I do, there are all sorts of items you need to address to be able to tow safely behind it (extensions) & have a good suspension system under it that will carry the heavy load in the bed of a short bed truck (or long bed truck) and handle the tongue weight too.
dude I sell for GM dont get me goin on how much better a GM is over a dodge.... I can understand you not wnating to spend the extras on other stuff, but did you know GM comes factory with trailor brakes, the others you woul have to add of course..

curious tho, how big is your camper and is the MEGA cap still have aa 6.5 ft box, I thought they were shorter, and campers dont fit so well.......or at all for that matter....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #1370
PanthrosRevenge
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced the stripped out rivet nuts for the soft top windshield channel with new rubber insulated ones. No more annoying rattle
PanthrosRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #1371
bisland-yj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Re-installed my seats, console, etc after spending the weekend herc'ing the interior. Also installed a 'high flow' intake b/c of the T&T tube fenders that got delivered this afternoon
bisland-yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #1372
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
dude I sell for GM dont get me goin on how much better a GM is over a dodge.... I can understand you not wnating to spend the extras on other stuff, but did you know GM comes factory with trailor brakes, the others you woul have to add of course..

curious tho, how big is your camper and is the MEGA cap still have aa 6.5 ft box, I thought they were shorter, and campers dont fit so well.......or at all for that matter....
Ha...Fords dont come with brake controllers? How come every f250 and 350 i have ever owned all have factory brake controllers...? I believe dodge does aswell......But i sure as hell know this.....On all makes, the brake controller is an option, not standard. So your GM can come factory that way but not all do......Mega cab dodges have the same length bed as a normal dodge, only the cab is longer. I doubt DC would create a truck so massive it cant haul a camper...
Unread 10-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #1373
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah - that's a whole other thread (GM vs Dodge etc)

I'm not spending anything for a brake controller, or any of the other stuff. It all swaps over from my '03 2500 (that I still have) to my '07 3500. Brake controllers are pennies compared to the rest of the stuff in comparison. Both are prewired, it's just a matter of plug & play.

I went out & measured the two beds. They are the same +/- .05", so my shortbed quadcab Lance camper will slide right in.

The camper is 8'6" not including the sleeper area above the cab. Dry weight is 2,273#'s.

Here's a pic of it mounted on my 2500:

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #1374
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

threw out the darn sway bar today!

a shot of my '06, 1/2 ton shortbed, 5.3 with an 1800 lb camper and my jeep in tow. i run ten ply hercules tires and firestone airbags.
Unread 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #1375
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

today was a good and a bad day. first i finally rebuilt my pass. side brake drum. that went pretty smooth and it stops a lot better now. but when i stopped back at the parts store to drop of the flaring tool i rented, my starter took a poop. that means i cant go to class tonight to take a test, which sucks. the starter was still under warranty though so i'm not paying for a new one, and advanced auto is going to deliver it to me at work. now the only problem is getting my jeep to work tomarrow with no starter....i hope my roommates are strong so i can bump it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #1376
ONEMORE2
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well I put in the lock right locker last night , the rear end said 35c on it but when I took it apart it did not have c- clips, so it took a little longer than I had pland,2 1/2 hours.I left the carrier in the housing,I did have to grind a lilttle of the carrier to get ithe locker in there , glad I read that some where . but when I went to put the roll pin back in ,the roll pin was to big for the hole in the center pin, I was not happy with that so I had to put in the old center pin . I now have a call in to where I bought the locker to see whats up , I think they sent a center pin for a carrier with a bolt not a roll pin .. but it seems to be working .will find out on the trail this weekend . first time doing a locker it wasent bad at all, because I read all I could thanks for all the info here !,, well they just called me back,there sending me a new center pin right out .4wheeldrive hardwear .good to deal with .
88yj, incubus off road wheels,32"tsl radial super swampers,2.5" pro comp lift ,kc lights,rock lights,8000lb.mile marker winch,best top bikini top,nutterbypass,lock right locker in the rear,TJ flares,poison spyder rock rails,home made front flat fenders,Skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks,procomp rear bumper,CB.more to come.
92yj,black with flame job.I have now added a 2003 wrangler,2"BB,dick cepek wheels ,trail armor all four corners,33" BFG-AT's.life is good.

Last edited by ONEMORE2; 10-04-2007 at 02:58 PM..
ONEMORE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #1377
Questor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Pulled off the rear wheels to try and find out what's causing that squeak in reverse and possible a little vibration at speed under load...

Not sure yet, but will probably do the axle bearings while it's up.

Replaced the U-joints a little while back and while they were on their way out, may have done damage to some bearings.

shamrok911 - you have to get someone with the computer, if you have a friend who is a factory tech or has access, to reset the check engine light, even after changing the sensor itself. It's generally a time / estimated mileage driven device and does not neccessarily indicate trouble with your sensor.
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #1378
dmcanally

2011 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday I put in new manifold gaskets. Now she sounds good at idle. In the next few days I've got some wiring to do.
,[___],
l--L --[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
dmcanally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #1379
Hambne
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing Im setting in the Kuwaitie desert. But I do plan on hooking up the polaris ranger I have to drive.
Hambne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #1380
enil01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Put my top and doors back on...

[CENTER]_|_
--X-X-(_)-X-X--
<->
<3 EP-3Es[/CENTER]
enil01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.