I went four wheeling for the first time. Yesterday i bent out the dent i put in the oil pan, straighetend out the transfer case skid plate so that it would allow me to reconnect my bent to hell exhaust. YAY for taking a stocker into the purples at rausch
Today I changed the valve cover gasket and it's a good thing I finally got around to it cause it was leakin pretty bad. Got a cracked exhaust manifold too, so some Banks torquetubes are goin in next weekend.
-92' YJ 4.0L, SOA w/ 1.5" RE springs, 35"x12.50" X-Terrains, 8.8 w/ Detroit, D30 open, 4.88's, JB4X4 steering, AA SYE, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, TJ flares, Banks header, Wrangler dual battery system, Tuffy center console and glove box, Warn front bumper, Crypto-Crawler rear bumper, Herculined.
Mounted my third brake light to my swing-out tire carrier. Yea I know the coil-cord is huge, but it was left over form something else, and it was in the garage taking up space. Besides it has more wires in it if I want to wire something else up to the tire carrier.
This one is with everything else off.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow
1. Gutted the interior (getting it ready for Herculiner). Left only the drivers seat, seat belt, and roll bar.
2. Removed all the rust from the drivers floorpan. Took 27 Dremel grinder wheels, 7 hours, a 12-pack of Pepsi, 2 band-aids (one of the wheels broke and left a decent gash in my arm), and lots of sweat. (Pics will be posted as soon as I get them off the camera)
3. Installed my new safari doors.
4. Patiently awaited the arrival of the UPS guy (aka my Christmas in late May Santa Claus) I really didn't expect him, more or less anticipating it.
Installed new pinion shims to get my driveshaft pointed right, removed my T-case drop kit and put on new rotors.
95 YJ, 4.0, AX15, 4" RE lift, 33x12.5 Goodyear MTR's on 15x10 MT Classic II's, JBC super short SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, e-bay bought rear tire carrier(definately got what I paid for with that one)
yesterday got it REAL muddy, had too much fun & broke the axel bracket for the track bar. you guessed it, today i removed the track bar!! only took an old 6 pt spark plug socket that had to be beat onto the nut and a pipe wrench for the torx
oh, and took out a bunch of dried mud from my eyes....always forget the darn glasses and i have GOT to get me some air tools......
Tires and wheels finally arrived today (BFG MT 35x12.50R15 on white 15x10 steel rims). Bought new lug nuts and got 'em installed. Just waiting for new front u-bolts to come in so i can test drive the thing (had to use bent u-bolts from wrecked '91 because they sent the wrong u-bolts).
Yesterday I installed a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.5, swapped all the sensors out before conversion. Still idles pretty high, but I am going to give it a little more time before adjusting to see if the computer needs to readjust.
Tomrrow Saturday morning, I am pulling my exhaust manifold off, removing the broken rear bolt in the head, installing stronger manifold, new gasket, and while I am in there with items out replacing left motor mount.
1993 YJ 2.5L, 3.5 BDS lift kit, 1" BDS Shackles, 1" BL, 33' Trxsus MT, Tabor 9K, 4.88 gears, Dana44 Spooled, chromoly in D30 with Lockrite, more to come...