What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 05-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #976
SonofSam02
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I went four wheeling for the first time. Yesterday i bent out the dent i put in the oil pan, straighetend out the transfer case skid plate so that it would allow me to reconnect my bent to hell exhaust. YAY for taking a stocker into the purples at rausch

SonofSam02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #977
Tom G
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Today I changed the valve cover gasket and it's a good thing I finally got around to it cause it was leakin pretty bad. Got a cracked exhaust manifold too, so some Banks torquetubes are goin in next weekend.
-92' YJ 4.0L, SOA w/ 1.5" RE springs, 35"x12.50" X-Terrains, 8.8 w/ Detroit, D30 open, 4.88's, JB4X4 steering, AA SYE, Tom Woods rear driveshaft, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers, TJ flares, Banks header, Wrangler dual battery system, Tuffy center console and glove box, Warn front bumper, Crypto-Crawler rear bumper, Herculined.
[url]www.cryptocrawlers.blogspot.com[/url]
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #978
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Mounted my third brake light to my swing-out tire carrier. Yea I know the coil-cord is huge, but it was left over form something else, and it was in the garage taking up space. Besides it has more wires in it if I want to wire something else up to the tire carrier.

This one is with everything else off.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #979
jeep crazy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

my friend borrowed a '92 yj from his work, and we took it mudding in some construction sites till we got chased out by some old ladies.
i think it has a 2" RE lift, and 31X10.5 BFG mud-terrains.
jeep crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #980
magsnubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got the front half of the lift (4" RE) and brake lines installed. I'll finish it up tomorrow.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #981
D0ntTr3ad0nM3
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1. Gutted the interior (getting it ready for Herculiner). Left only the drivers seat, seat belt, and roll bar.

2. Removed all the rust from the drivers floorpan. Took 27 Dremel grinder wheels, 7 hours, a 12-pack of Pepsi, 2 band-aids (one of the wheels broke and left a decent gash in my arm), and lots of sweat. (Pics will be posted as soon as I get them off the camera)

3. Installed my new safari doors.

4. Patiently awaited the arrival of the UPS guy (aka my Christmas in late May Santa Claus) I really didn't expect him, more or less anticipating it.

D0ntTr3ad0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #982
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yesterday retorqued all my ubolts, retorqued the tcase bolts, changed fuel filter, changed oil. and miscellaneous other stuff

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #983
tooblackdogs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4 new Procomp shocks and steering dampner. Rides pretty nice now!
tooblackdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #984
Wmorgan1995

Installed new pinion shims to get my driveshaft pointed right, removed my T-case drop kit and put on new rotors.

[COLOR="Red"]"GO DAWGS"[/COLOR]
Wmorgan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #985
shamrok911
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yesterday got it REAL muddy, had too much fun & broke the axel bracket for the track bar. you guessed it, today i removed the track bar!! only took an old 6 pt spark plug socket that had to be beat onto the nut and a pipe wrench for the torx
oh, and took out a bunch of dried mud from my eyes....always forget the darn glasses and i have GOT to get me some air tools......
shamrok911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #986
Devildog985
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed new distributor. The old one was ready to fall off
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #987
magsnubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Finished the lift. Bled the brakes. Installed 1" MML.
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #988
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Finished installing 2" body lift. It was a lot more of a hassle than it should have been.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM   #989
magsnubby
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tires and wheels finally arrived today (BFG MT 35x12.50R15 on white 15x10 steel rims). Bought new lug nuts and got 'em installed. Just waiting for new front u-bolts to come in so i can test drive the thing (had to use bent u-bolts from wrecked '91 because they sent the wrong u-bolts).
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #990
yjrush
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I installed a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.5, swapped all the sensors out before conversion. Still idles pretty high, but I am going to give it a little more time before adjusting to see if the computer needs to readjust.

Tomrrow Saturday morning, I am pulling my exhaust manifold off, removing the broken rear bolt in the head, installing stronger manifold, new gasket, and while I am in there with items out replacing left motor mount.

2000 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 5.9L (Tow Rig)
yjrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.