What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 05-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #961
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredjeep
This thread is totally in the wrong place and should be under general discussion instead of Tech section. This is a total waste under tech section, and moves other people looking for help, threads on to pages deeper in, when this gets a ton of posts to it.
the search button is there for a reason, as well as subscribed threads.
I don't think it is much in the way being in the tech section, but i wouldnt really care too much if it got moved.

I think it's neat to see what everyone does to their yj on a daily basis, but my

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #962
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This thread is totally in the wrong place and should be under general discussion instead of Tech section. This is a total waste under tech section, and moves other people looking for help, threads on to pages deeper in, when this gets a ton of posts to it.
I've gotten many good ideas from this thread by reading what other guys have done. If it went to general discussion, I would never see it since I rarely go there. Not the reason why I'm on this forum.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #963
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Considering that other model's tech forums have the same type of thread, I don't see a problem....

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #964
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

cut the tailpipe right after the muffler.

need to route to the site and down, it irritates my ears with the vibes.

{sweet. shinner is a red sox fan.
go sox!}
I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #965
vfrpilot
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What is performed on other's jeeps is tech worthy as they often include the technical details and [if they don't] they will no doubt be provided if asked for by any of us.
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #966
Sahara88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced my ignition switch which ended up taking four times longer than it should have because i didn't read the Haynes manual before starting. I took of the steering wheel and all that junk before i realized that the part i had to put in would not be able to fit in the steering column. I then realized that the part was under the dash, which would have been a 30 minute job rather than a 2 hour job
Sahara88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 04:32 AM   #967
vfrpilot
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara88
I replaced my ignition switch which ended up taking four times longer than it should have because i didn't read the Haynes manual before starting. I took of the steering wheel and all that junk before i realized that the part i had to put in would not be able to fit in the steering column. I then realized that the part was under the dash, which would have been a 30 minute job rather than a 2 hour job
Sounds "tech" to me....

do I hear a hey hey?
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:20 AM   #968
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Now it will need to be because the next 14 pgs will be people arguing that it sould, or should not, Thanks.

And who uses totally anymore, are we back in the 80's again?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #969
Tulsachokehold
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday afternoon/eavening, a buddy and I made up a new long slip front drive shaft out of some 2" 1/4" walled square stock and aome 1.5" square stock.
I replace my front pass side brake line, put my harness back in that i lent out.

Oh and my Tera-low 4:1 kit for my D300 showed up!!!
'91 YJ. 4.0 TF999, D300 w/ 4:1, twin sticks. Chevy D44 front, 4.10's, spooled, Yukon 4340 shafts w/ super joints. Warn premium lock outs, High steer, ram assist. Dodge D60HD rear, 4.10's, welded, disc brakes. SOA front w/ RE 1.5" SOA leaf packs. Custom 4 link rear w/16" fox air shocks, stretched to 110". 38x12.5x15 TSLs on crager Nomads w/ DIY beadlocks. Tolly Fab Tube fenders, rocker gaurds, cage. 15gal stainless steel fuel tank.
Tulsachokehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #970
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J?
And who uses totally anymore, are we back in the 80's again?
Fer sure....I mean, oh my God.

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #971
JJ-4

1987 YJ Wrangler 

changed my diff fluid and my locker stopped clicking
JJ-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #972
Exparrot
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fixed the hardtop/windshield problem with some stuff I bought off ebay. It was 7 clips that slip over the top of the windshield frame, and 7 machine screws. Snugged down better than the day I got it!

I also pulled the trigger on a Grant GT steering wheel. Once I figured out that you DO need a steering wheel puller, it came off in two minutes. Also, make sure to read the installation directions very well, as I had some problems with getting the horn to work.

Total time: 3 hours (with multiple trips to AutoZone)

Total beers afterwards: working on #4.
LO Jeep Club #111 [and not proud of it]
Red Jeep Club #MC399
Exparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #973
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday, moved my huge CB from where the passengers knee was supposed to be to where the ashtray should be. Then I attached the ashtray to the bottom of the CB.

Before

After

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #974
yj40swapped

Prothane motor mounts (stock mounts were 100% shot) removed all carpet... got a decent rust patch on the drivers side foot area... planning on sanding that off and painting it over tomorrow.. then adding some drain holes and plugs for them.
88 Wrangler - 4.0 swapped (OBD1) Lock right Locker (rear) Rough country 4in lift Bushwacker fender flares M/T 33x12.5x15 Baja MTZ -15x10 Classic Lock rims Posilok Front Axle Engagement Onboard air (a/c conversion) M.O.R.E 1in body lift system, Warn m8000 winch
yj40swapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #975
shamrok911
1995 YJ Wrangler 

took out rear seat & seat belts (not spending any $ on a full top anytime soon...),washed it
shamrok911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.