Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#12,121 ·
Stopped running while driving and now can't get it started anymore. Any advice....? other than adding gas:)
Ok, I admit, it ran out of gas. Apparently the gas gauge does not work properly anymore, I wondered why it was sitting at a 1/4 tank for the past two weeks :confused: Any way added gas and she is back in the game.
The beauty of this forum. Input questions and the answers will come... :thumbsup:

#12,122 ·
tons of issues, 4x4 indicator light went out, grrrr realized 4x4poss lock cable broke, so i pulled the cover and now have a new mud puddle in my shop, front axle is filled with water, guess its time to use it for off road only. , oh yeah and cat back pulled off pipe yesterday, headed to a freinds wow who would a thought the 4.0 could sound so mean, lmao.
Front axle filling with water is not a big deal, happens to me all the time. It's those stupid axle seals that are pretty much a whole axle tear down sort of deal just to get at them. just remember when you get to mud or a big puddle to keep moving and not sit in it. I actually empty out and replace my gear oil about every 6 weeks just to be safe.

#12,123 ·
i just replaced the right front caliper. my wife drove it yesterday and it got stuck on her. she came running in the house yelling "your jeep! your jeep!" lol
i went outside and smoke was rolling out of the front fender. anyway, i replaced the caliper and everything seems fine, no extra damage done

#12,124 ·
yeah i try to avoid the stop thing, problem now is poss 4x4 system cable is broke, so now i need to deal with that to, thinkin time for a lincoln locker... front and rear and useing it off road only, going to miss driving it every day

#12,125 ·
Initial install of the motorcraft, all looked good so I bolted it down. Tomorrow I need to replace the big hose going to the charcoal system, add a bit of fuel line, block some vacuum lines, fire it up and do timing.

Some junk getting tossed or sold on craigs/ebay for a couple dollars.

The MC2100 test fit with the edelbrock air cleaner.

A funny smiley face on the front of the MC2100, haha.
Looks good. If you're not done already, you should do a writeup with pics and post it. I'm looking to do a MC swap in the near future and a writeup would be cool.

:cool:

#12,126 ·
Looks good. If you're not done already, you should do a writeup with pics and post it. I'm looking to do a MC swap in the near future and a writeup would be cool.

:cool:
There are a lot of good writeups already, and the instructions that came with the kit (forwarded by a kind member here, since my CD was all fubar) are excellent, but I can certainly give my 'crash course' in a post if anyone wants it.

Basically it comes down to simply not being afraid of the huge pile of garbage that's going to be left over when you're done, with the caveat that if your emissions checks are very strict *and* visual only, you might not pass with the kit.

I believe pretty strongly that if you put an exhaust sniffer up to it before the kit, and after, your emissions would be much better after simply because the carter and all it's associated plumbing sucks so bad (especially when old) compared to the new and properly tuned system.

Your inspection station might not care or believe you though, so be prepared to hook some things back up.

The instructions came with a document on reusing your old air cleaner (and all its absurd plumbing) if you have to, with an adapter to fit the top of the new carb where the shiny new air cleaner should be sitting. This is an option for strict emissions states. I haven't looked it over to see what else is or may be required.

#12,127 ·
My UPS pal came by today with my new Seat Glovers :D

They fit reeaaallly well! Very happy with them, we'll see how they hold up.

Thanks for all the kind words and condolences about Copley. It is like losing a family member. Weird, still turn around driving the Jeep to see if he's okay back there.

Bobby

#12,129 ·
Lubed the u-joints and such. I also lubed the seatbelt mechanisms.

#12,131 ·
My UPS pal came by today with my new Seat Glovers :D

They fit reeaaallly well! Very happy with them, we'll see how they hold up.

Thanks for all the kind words and condolences about Copley. It is like losing a family member. Weird, still turn around driving the Jeep to see if he's okay back there.

Bobby
I have the same ones, just not yellow. They held up great but where the slits are is the problem areas. They hold up good to rain, snow and mud though. :thumbsup:

#12,134 ·
:(watched her get towed away to a shop.....:( then my wife took me to get a few beers :cheers2: and while i was there the shop called and told me she was running good again :2thumbsup::2thumbsup: see a couple of good beers later and i felt better and my jeep felt better too wooohooo

#12,138 ·
Bought her a 4" lift, hope to install this weekend. Got a RC 4" without having to pay shipping. A friend purchased it a month or so ago then decided to go a different route. He ate the shipping and sold it to me for cost of lift. Will try to take pics as I install.

Also picked up these wheels (5 of them) a few weeks ago...gotta figure what kind of tires to go with.

Attachments

#12,140 ·
Hacked off my catalytic converter (thanks to being in Kentucky, where there is no emissions testing, I can get away with it) when it started rattling and clogging up my exhaust.

Also tossed on a pair of windshield bracket mounted lights. They look nice!
and it's still illegal.

I get to drive it today. Think it's the first time in at least a week.