What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 606 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #9076
stronghold
1999 TJ Wrangler 

started to pull my blown AX-5 tranny. first time i have been under it... ever... rust everwhere, stripped bolts, stuff welded on where the bolt has rusted through, you know the deal.. lol.

stronghold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #9077
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

started on my axle swap, excited to be running 4.10s! Dropped the rear out, have the replacement sitting under it ready to bolt up. Trashed the brake lines...oops, will have to replace those, but I can get by without rear brakes for awhile...not driving it for the time being anyhow. Should have the front and rear both finished up by tomorrow afternoon. I love working at a dealership...so much easier than dealing with the cold and my pitiful tool collection

Also picked up a CJ hardtop for $50, pretty good deal, the glass hatch is trashed, and it looks as though a retarded 5 year old tried to paint it red, but my body shop is going to spray it black for $80. Not sure how to seal it up attractively, ideas??
axleswap1.jpg   axleswap2.jpg  
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #9078
H_Swank
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Installed Hella 500 driving lights on the front bumper, Grab handles in the back, Maglite flashlight holder, installed new mirrors, half door window pins, windshield braces, windshield light brackets.

Center console, and skyjacker steering stabilizer tomorrow.
H_Swank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #9079
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

changed the diff oil. i will not do that again in the winter time cuz that gear oil is sloooooooooooooooww when its 20 out.
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #9080
geo1400
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Scrubbed down my fabric seats and repainted the the door cards on my half doors. Also taking out all the existing speakers/wiring. I suppose i'm fixing up the interior a bit...

He topped himself...
geo1400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #9081
Dustin_95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
started to pull my blown AX-5 tranny. first time i have been under it... ever... rust everwhere, stripped bolts, stuff welded on where the bolt has rusted through, you know the deal.. lol.
do you already have the replacement ax-5?
Dustin_95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #9082
TheRussGrant
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Lincoln locker in the Ford 8.8 rear diff. Welded some bracing on top of the diff to the sides of the tubes. Welded the tubes into the differential housing. Put gear oil in. Oil change. New windshield today I hope. I was welding till about 11:30 last night then back to work this morning at 6.

'91 YJ 4.0 3" springs w/spring over. SYE with Ford 8.8 Lincoln Locked axle. Custom track bars in the rear. 35'' BFG MT KM2's. Hi-Lift and sway bar quick disconnects.
TheRussGrant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #9083
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussGrant View Post
Lincoln locker in the Ford 8.8 rear diff. Welded some bracing on top of the diff to the sides of the tubes. Welded the tubes into the differential housing. Put gear oil in. Oil change. New windshield today I hope. I was welding till about 11:30 last night then back to work this morning at 6.

'91 YJ 4.0 3" springs w/spring over. SYE with Ford 8.8 Lincoln Locked axle. Custom track bars in the rear. 35'' BFG MT KM2's. Hi-Lift and sway bar quick disconnects.
We need pictures of your beast

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #9084
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Was gonna pressure wash it at the house but realized the nozzle on the wand needed to be replaced, so I drove it in to town & gave it a bath at the car wash. Cha ching!
OSYJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #9085
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

dug it out from the four feet of snow covering it
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #9086
Mykal101
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did the SYE and put in a shortened XJ driveshaft. Worked like a charm! Sure am glad my father is a welder/fabricator.
Mykal101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #9087
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Took my son's t-case out of my Jeep and put my new one in. Less than two hours start to finish. It's getting easier each time.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:27 AM   #9088
jesseleikerjeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Flush mounted my Factory Tail Lights...quite a challenge with the fuel housing right there!

And did a write-up on how-to:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...ite-up-953970/

(Not a great write-up, but my first and I was happy to do it!)
jesseleikerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #9089
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

ALMOST finished my axle swap, everything is in order except for the rear brake lines...anybody have any recommendations for ordering rear brake lines? Just buy a roll of line and bend it out?

It went together fairly seemlesly, really no hangups that I can think of. First time I have made it through a projet without cussing and hitting things, and I did this without a helping hand as well...pretty impressed with myself
img00038-20100121-1530.jpg   img00039-20100121-1530.jpg  
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #9090
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
ALMOST finished my axle swap, everything is in order except for the rear brake lines...anybody have any recommendations for ordering rear brake lines? Just buy a roll of line and bend it out?

It went together fairly seemlesly, really no hangups that I can think of. First time I have made it through a projet without cussing and hitting things, and I did this without a helping hand as well...pretty impressed with myself
Just get a line and bend it. I had to splice a section in to my rear brakes after a grinder mishap.

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.