Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#101 ·
Put mine to bed for the winter. :brickwall

Finished the clutch hydralic kit replacement; got it in the barn where it'll hibernate until March or April. Didn't have the time to change the oil or put jackstands under it; that happens in a few days.

Nope, it's a California rig. I got a front-drive winter-beater I can salt up all I want without fear...

Next spring: New radiator; the crimped ends are leaking too much to ignore much more. That'll be about the time the lame AX-5 dies on me... :mad:

#105 ·
Just got mine back.

First post, but been lurking for a while. My 2.5 gave up the ghost, put in a rebuilt 4.0 HO, new trany and transfer case, and drive shafts. Now I know what I have been missing!!! :D

Just wanted to say that all the people posting here are great. Lots of great info. :thumbsup:

#106 ·
Got mine back from the shop Tuesday and it's running great! Still needs a little work so it's going back in on the 26th for some by-pass surgery on the fuse box. The soundbar installation is complete and I have already started working on going deaf, the stereo sounds great.

Road noise? I don't hear any road noise! :cool:

#108 ·
Pulled the front axles and installed new u joints in the hub and replaced the rear axle u joints with ones that actually move freely :thumbsup:

#113 ·
Removed fenders cut off passenger side motor mount, tomarrow I will do the other side and clean the frame up. Also drained the gas tank... all over the floor, woops. :eek:

#115 ·
Replaced rear output shaft seal. Got tired of smelling buring tranny fluid as it was thrown from the rear D/S onto the muffler. Also thought about the guy's Jeep that caught fire the other day and didn't want to tempt the fire gods.

sandman'sjeep said:
In the middle of putting in DIY heated seat pads that I bought off of E-bay... pain in the A$$ to take off the leather :brickwall ... let's see how long this project will take...
Yeah, I gotta put a new foam seat cushion in my driver's side seat. It's pretty much shot as it feels like I'm leaning to the left when driving. I don't look forward to this job, but the seat covers and frames are in such good condition, I don't want to replace them.

#116 ·
Saturday projects

1) Got new windshield installed $181 with tax. I can see again!!!
2) Degreased engine with autostore crap, and then finally with simple green, $12.
3) Failed emissions because of exhaust leaks.
4) Got my exhaust welded up to fix the 3 foot section where I had 5 adapters and about 7 different clamps. So hopefully I pass emissions next time!

#118 ·
I finally finished wiring in the dome light on the sound bar. I just put a switch on the dash next to the switches for the off road lights. Working great.