Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#11,965 ·
Put a temporary license plate on and went for my first drive today since the test drive. I broke 50mph once on the highway and the carter only stalled me out once!

Ordered up some parts. New drivers side floor pan from quadratec, drivers side taillight from morris, mc2100 conversion kit from ebay.

#11,968 ·
finally finsihed my lift and got my new wheels from the UPS man... its off to get my new tires in the morning.... got a date for 9AM DARN THAT EARLY.....

#11,970 ·
I let a good one rip this morning on the way to the junkyard.

I had to check my drawers when I finally got there. Luckily, the seat didn't get stained.......

:D
That was about this |___________________________| far over the boundary of too much information provided lol

#11,973 ·
grabbed my exhaust and watched it fall off. guess i broke it wheelin the other day cause i heard the leak but i looked at it and the front of the muffler was cracked all the way around so i gave it a little push and blam that bad mamma jamma fell right off. it was quite possible the most amusing thing i have ever seen then i couldnt stop thinking what if that had happened on the street as i was driving. i think i would just keep going like nothing happened

#11,974 ·
finally removed rear track bar. front is next on choppin block when i have more free time. when i went under to delete track bars i found the front drive shaft needs new ujoints...bad and the rear yoke was a bit loose, so i pulled front shaft to continue at later date and properly torqued the rear yoke. o and i put the borla cat back back on as its been off for some time now. side note: New Jersey finally got some sense and made passenger vehicle inspections emissions only (gasoline only). WOOT WOOT! oh wait a minute the jeep passes fine all the time, my 2001 tahoe with the shot drivers window is the one that fails for mechanical lol well anyway that was today :2thumbsup: now tmrw......

#11,976 ·
finally removed rear track bar. front is next on choppin block when i have more free time. when i went under to delete track bars i found the front drive shaft needs new ujoints...bad and the rear yoke was a bit loose, so i pulled front shaft to continue at later date and properly torqued the rear yoke. o and i put the borla cat back back on as its been off for some time now. side note: New Jersey finally got some sense and made passenger vehicle inspections emissions only (gasoline only). WOOT WOOT! oh wait a minute the jeep passes fine all the time, my 2001 tahoe with the shot drivers window is the one that fails for mechanical lol well anyway that was today :2thumbsup: now tmrw......
Where in the garden state are you?

#11,978 ·
Went for NY State Inspection and got busted, twice. Inspection places (regular garages get licensed) never know who is an sate watchdog guy, so don't give you much leeway. I didn't think and went their doorless and topless. They didn't like my 'side mirrors clipped to roll bar with mag-lite clip' system, and then for no license plate light. They let me take a 10 min round trip home to put the driver's door on, then did let the license plate light slide. This is my last Jeep insp in NY. By a year from now I'll be in Albuquerque. I did tell the guy I''ll put the license light on, since it was only left off after adding new corner guards.

#11,980 ·
So what does your lift consist of? I found with my setup, removing the front trackbar made the steering very vague and the Jeep wandered badly. Drives straight and true with the front bar back on. For me its a keeper. I did not notice enough difference in front flex to be worth the bad road driving for sure. I have 4" spring lift and 2" shackles. I think the shackles probably are what made keeping the track bar necessary in my case.