Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#11,123 ·
Ordered SYE and Tom Wood's driveshaft should be here wednesday!!

#11,129 ·
My wife and I washed all of the mud and dirt out of the interior today.....with the help of a sudden thunderstorm and no pesky softtop to get in the way.

I never get tired of seeing peoples faces when we drive in the rain with the top off!! They have no clue what fun is!!

#11,132 ·
bored/sick of looking at my nasty carpet so I ditched it and did a spray rattle can undercoating job on the tub..i know I have to do a monstalina..gimmie a few months..

also got some mossy oak floormats lol
also debadged these cheesy 4x4 stickers on the side of my YJ

#11,137 ·
bored/sick of looking at my nasty carpet so I ditched it and did a spray rattle can undercoating job on the tub..i know I have to do a monstalina..gimmie a few months..

also got some mossy oak floormats lol
also debadged these cheesy 4x4 stickers on the side of my YJ
Nice job, :cheers2: it's better without the carpets anyway. All the carpets do is hold the moisture in and rot out the floor. Now to clean out the interior all you have to do is: a) hose it down or: b) drive with the top off in the rain.

#11,139 ·
Nice job, :cheers2: it's better without the carpets anyway. All the carpets do is hold the moisture in and rot out the floor. Now to clean out the interior all you have to do is: a) hose it down or: b) drive with the top off in the rain.
the only spot of real concern was my driver side floor its getting thin and holey :rofl: I gotta find a piece of 16 gauge sheet metal to get in there but everything else was solid amazingly! I love it without a carpet just looked gross and smelt of death. Noob Jeep quesion..do guys even bother leaving the plugs on the floor?

#11,140 ·
Yesterday I mounted a set of 37x12.5-15 Super Swamper SSRs on a set of 15x8 KMC Enduro Beadlocks and swapped them onto the YJ removing the 40x17.5-15 Cepek F/C origionals on 15x12 M/T classic 2s... New Stereo is mounted in the Tuffy Console providing power once again to the infinity reference speakers behind the dash and in the soundbar.... Gonna drill out the 6x5.5 lug pattern in the Warn tire mount today. So the new tires drive a hell of alot better than the old Cepeks... Kinda miss the look of the old big tires though... Whatcha think???

Before:

After