What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #751
themoneypit

Replaced all five driver's front wheel studs....

Don't ask....

Unread 03-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #752
geabaldyvx

Cleaned and prepped the tub, cut and installed sound-damping and new carpet thoughout, installed lockable center-console, installed new Stereo and bolted speakers boxes down..

and sold the Porsche to give more room in driveway.. but that isn't a YJ thing.. not exactly
geabaldyvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #753
yjwrangler08
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ordered my bikini top and getting ready for a lift and bigger tires
yjwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #754
s68139c
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ordered new bikini top, installed new warn 9k tabor winch, installed skyjacker steering damper, adjusted rear/park brakes, replaced starter (warranty!!! woot woot!!), then cracked exhaust out in the the snow hills.
s68139c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #755
JJ-4

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I rebuilt an AX15 transmission that i bought to replace the ba10 and converted it from internal slave to external slave hopefully it will work when i put it back in
JJ-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #756
mud rat jr

tightened my tilt colum pivot point learned to tighten soft top spreader bars
mud rat jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 03:57 AM   #757
tony673
2007 JK Wrangler 

I ripped the seats out of my donor body tub!
tony673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #758
Cross
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced the PCV/CCV(whatever it is) breather tube assembly that goes from the rear of the valve cover to the manifold. Hoping to get less oil in the air filter. The old one was broken and clogged causing the rubber tube at the manifold to collapse on itself.

Changed the oil and filter.

Then replaced the vacuum line harness for the 4wd, was quick easy install. I have shift on the fly 4wd again, not that I ever shift to 4wd while moving.

Checked and changed the diff oil front and rear.

While waiting for all the fluid to drip from the diffs I removed the rear Renegade bumper cover and installed hooks on the bumper for recovery points. Anyone want a Renegade bumper cover and mounting bracket??

Checked why my backup lights do not work. Thought my broken exhaust that toasted my vacuum lines melted the wire. Instead it looks like the switch on the tranny is bad. So I am going to pick up a new switch to fix it this week.

Just need to check the tranny fluid and I will be ready for Moab in just over a week.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #759
HI-YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ripped out the carpet, cleaned the inside and greased the chassis. Oh and went to the pines again. Overcast day so the beach was all mine!!!

HI-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #760
MONSTERMUDDER

i replaced the water pump and thermostat, and was going to replace the serp belt but found out that they gave me the wrong one. bummer. other than that things went well. planning on starting the prep work on the liner tommorrow.
MONSTERMUDDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #761
tony673
2007 JK Wrangler 

I cut out little access plates for the body mounts and cut out the rust on my donor tub. Also did some POR-15 work.
tony673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #762
Bonechief
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I bought and installed the 2100 carb from the ebay guy. It was really quite easy. Huge difference in driveability and joined with the TFI upgrade my jeep scoots down the road now.
Bonechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #763
jeepin' jen
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Me & my fiance installed a 1" MORE body lift & new body mounts this weekend. Him & my dad ended up braking the power steering reservoir when lifting the tub. Lesson learned: make sure your hoses are long enough or you disconnect the tight ones prior to installing a body lift to prevent hoses from ripping off other important parts! This will save a lot of time, money, & cursing!
jeepin' jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #764
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Been busy this week!

*Wired a rear back-up light
*Currie front standard shackles
*Currie Boomerangs rear
*New fuel filter
*Ripped out all the seats and belts and prepped for herculiner
*Herculined for 2 days staright(that stuff dries slow as hell)
*Bout to go put everything back in
*currently working at getting Herculiner off my hands, not even lava soap works...
*Cut holes for clevis mounts in my homemade bumper that will also act as point for hooking up tow bar
*Tomorrow having the Aussie locker up front installed

Im tired as hell....
Unread 03-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #765
dick064

busy jeep filled weekends are fun

replaced driver side rear brake piston, ajusted both sets in back, bled all four.

ripped out as many worthless vacumn lines that i could find. Plugged the ones that didnt go anywhere

removed the entirety of the ccv/pcv vent tubes and such and cleaned them all out with some carb cleaner and an airgun-as well as the airfilter assembly and throttlebody

tightneded a loose lifter and torqued the rest just to be sure, retapped all the holes for the valve cover(seeing as i had to since i broke a bolt replacing the valvecover) and replaced the gasket

took her to the local neighborhood self wash and 3 cans of degreaser and 12 dollars in qaurters later i had myself a very clean engine and undercarraige

greased the chasis

fixed a broken strap on driver side door

fitted the warped holes that hold the drivers side visor with some nice threaded inserts

oil change

had a lot of things i was putting off
been a busy bee this weekend hopefully shell treat me well since ive stopped neglecting her

Time to celebrate St Pattys day early
dick064 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.