What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 508 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 09-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #7606
theAuthority

I'm going to retard mine after work and hope that improves the problem im having ...

theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #7607
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

yesterday

Drove mine to work yesterday, still running the bikini/windjammer/duster combo. Stock worn-out springs and old Edelbrock shocks with no track or sway bar on the front equals kinda squirrely! But you can definitely feel what is happening up there through the wheel!

Went to Harbor Freight to get more weapons for my next round of battle with the rear track bar. 4-lb hammer and brass chisel, long-handle SAE open/box-end wrench set (with sizes over 1"), more work gloves, pry bar, wire wheels for the drill...

Since I took the driver side rear track bar nut off there is an occasional clunk from the rear. I bet the track arm bolt is shifting from side to side within its little hole occasionally.

Today I drove it again. Part of me wants to find something to climb to demonstrate flex...

That'll just help break it loose for tonight, when the rear track arm gives up and comes out

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #7608
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil, gear oil in the transmission, and greased everything
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #7609
nadams
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nutterd mine 2day...fires up every time now!
nadams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #7610
kgillette
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
Congratulations! Keep up the good work brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by theAuthority View Post
Driving legally is a big one !

I am driving a 3rd car right now because I dont want a ticket in my jeep

thanks! i didnt drive her much, but enough to make me leave early (sun still down or rising) and leave late (sun setting or set) or Ive been driving the motorcycle

too bad I lost clutch the peddle (no pressure) getting off the express-way today (stuck in 5th untill i turned it off)

so today:

- working on clutch issue
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #7611
yjbleu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my clutch slave cylinder has broken, so i don't have clutch now...
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #7612
mikers
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Recently got the brake lights, reverse lights and window washer pump workin as well as put in a cb for off roadin which happened last Sunday for the 1st time. Was on a trail marked with trees in the way and backed into one on the way in, that pushed in the drivers side tail light a bit. ON the way out i nearly ripped off the passenger side rear fender flare Stupid stumps n trees! LOL all in good clean fun!

I hear Princess Auto up here in Canada has sets of red l.e.d. brake lights that can be recessed into the rear body for a cheap 25 bucks and a 3 inch hole saw.
mikers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #7613
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bought a '94 AX-15 and 231 to put in place of the abomination of the AX-5. Just need a few more parts and she'll be rollin.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #7614
virus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I changed my windshield seal and found out my windshield hinge is broken.
91 YJ 2.5 5-speed/4.88 Gears/2.5 OME Heavy Duty Spring Lift/TJ Flares/2 inch body lift/33x12.50/15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs/15x10 Cragar Soft 8's/Pontiac Sunfire seats/Smittybilt Xrc8/Smittybilt XRC Rock Sliders/Rugged Ridge #10,000 Tow Hooks
virus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #7615
PunisherFWB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Put the roll bars back on, bolted up the wind shield, and drove it for the first time in a week. Felt good...OH!!! I also added my "Jeepforum.com" sticker to the windshield!!!!!!
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #7616
xeastend
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Threw on a Thrush Welded muffler, painted front bumper, some other little stuff. Stripped 2 torx bolts on the tailgate hinges....

LOOKING FOR 4cyl axles F/R, 4.10s, will trade for my 3.07s complete

Also need 16x8 rims with less backspacing
xeastend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #7617
Danolxf

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Painted her satin black on Saturday and wheeling a bit in Stokes Sunday

Unread 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #7618
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

sweet dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danolxf View Post
Painted her satin black on Saturday and wheeling a bit in Stokes Sunday

Kick *** man, looks killer! I've only had the guts to paint the inside floorboard so far

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #7619
Edstu234
1995 ZJ 

Nice looking YJ Danolxf. I took my YJ out of the garage and drove her today.
Edstu234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #7620
tx_medic
1992 YJ Wrangler 

put magnetic sheets over the speaker slots in my tuffy boxes to make them a little more water resistant, at least to direct splashes of mud anyway. Also put the soft top and hard doors back on in leu of the bikini. Wanted to get to it now so it's not on my mind going into hunting season. Reorganized the tool boxes, made a little more room. Need to get the security drawer installed so as to open up my secure storage options. I'm building my own drawer mounts to elevate the drawer to an appropriate height to store weapons underneath.

I miss my YJ
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.