What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #7591
bradcoudriet
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced all the U-Joints on my rear drive shaft, the old ones were pretty much falling apart. Smoooooth riding now. No more drive line vipes.

Also diagnosed a bad coax cable with my new Kit from RightChannel radio. Emailed them and a new cable is on the way. Great service!

bradcoudriet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #7592
kgillette
1988 YJ Wrangler 

sat/sun
- all new ebrake cables
- new rear brake lines
- rattle canned hard top (only needs to the last the winter till the real paint job in spring)
- removed side extended fender flares+step
- painted rock guards for sides

today:
- drove it legally (passed inspection this am)
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #7593
bunkeru2k
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tear the sucker off. The ride is smoother without it and if you check out some of the history here, it is safe to assume that a large majority have at least removed the rear trac bars.
bunkeru2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #7594
theAuthority

Well I inserted a 1 inch adapter plate that is entirely open in the middle, since my edelbrock manifold is open as well.

Turned down both screws in the front and opened them up 2.25 turns.

Seems to run better but i'm having issues hitting the throttle under load, from a dead stop. Seems to sputter a bit.

I'm going to try and retard the timing and see if that helps out (the motor was almost fully warm when I did this)

Opinions are appreciated.

I think after I do a full tune up I should be able to pass emissions, the air and fuel mixture screws were almost 4 turns out each :

Also shimmed up my starter since it was tearing out teeth on my flywheel. Flywheel looks like a shark went around and bit the edges in multiple spots. So I went and bought 1/4 inch worth of shims, inserted them all and now it purrs like a kitten, and starts every time haha....
theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #7595
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgillette View Post
sat/sun
- all new ebrake cables
- new rear brake lines
- rattle canned hard top (only needs to the last the winter till the real paint job in spring)

today:
Congratulations! Keep up the good work brother

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #7596
theAuthority

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgillette View Post
sat/sun
- all new ebrake cables
- new rear brake lines

today:
Driving legally is a big one !

I am driving a 3rd car right now because I dont want a ticket in my jeep
theAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #7597
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Tore apart my rear axel to find the grinding sound and the reason for no reverse..... i was really hopeing it was the rear end (differintial was just rebuilt) and not the transmition. i found 2 bolts laying in the bottom of the differintial that had fallen out of the ring gear, luckily and suprisingly the bolts didnt do any damage to any of the gears!!!!
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #7598
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92yjeep92 View Post
well on the way to church i got in a wreck. a guy pulled out in front of me. bent the front right spring, smashed my bumper, dented my front right fender, put a hole in my oil filter, broke the pitman arm off my steering box and moved my body back a bit. plus i missed church but the rest of my day went well.
Here's to better days ahead bud

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #7599
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Washed it- accumulated mud and other stuff from two days of wheelin'. Washed the underside while it was still on the trailer; needed 4wd just to get it off! Bought a pressure washer to use on the inside... May have to put it back on the trailer to get it all cleaned off. Found about five pounds of leaves and twigs.
Castr8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #7600
StitchMup
1988 YJ Wrangler 

fabbed up a new assembly for the rear door on the hardtop...couldnt have it falling off on the highway...
[color="Black"][center][size="4"][font="Showcard Gothic"][color="Black"][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color="Black"]Built Not Bought #56[/color][/url][/font][/size][/color][/center][/color]

[QUOTE=ziebartrob;8192765]I find that if you stick it in from a left or right angle instead of straight down it works no problem.:p[/QUOTE]
StitchMup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #7601
Hurley91

Took it to get the emission test done and... IT PASSED!! With flying colors too
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #7602
erockz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peltboy25 View Post
took apart the gauges and concluded that my printed circuit board is fried where the clock gets it's juice. Anyone know where I can get one that doesn't cost $80?

Also took the opportunity to clean all the gauge faces, and paint the metal faceplate white so I have cool white rings around my gauges. I highly recommend everyone do this, and paint the faceplate body color. It's a great way to bring your color into the dash.
I got one ill sell ya.
erockz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #7603
linemen339
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Started the bottom clean up and paint.

Got the bottom back body mount fixed. Now to my only real rust spot.

Last edited by linemen339; 09-11-2009 at 11:54 AM..
linemen339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #7604
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Watched it sit outside in the rain unhappy because it has it's top on.

Hopefully later I'm going to be getting the new (to me at least) wheels mounted on it and swap out the ones it currently has.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #7605
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, first off it almost made me late to school since the battery died, so i said some curse words and took my moms car. Got back jumped it, drove right to salvos and got a new battery. Luckily i did because it didnt start in the parking lot, so i put the new one on and turned the key and............................. started right up.

So pretty much i got a new battery. haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.