Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#10,122 ·
While technically this isn't for my YJ (it's for a friends YJ) I got to play in the garage again this afternoon while making a tow style bumper. I'm not finished yet, but should be by tomorrow.

Should say; "Made in San Diego, CA. USA" :laugh:

Maybe I'll plasma my initials into this one. ;)

#10,123 ·
Found a complete renix fuel injection setup for $25 and found out that my 90 came with a flywheel with the magnets for a cps and the bell housing was cut for the sensor. I will be selling my Weber carb soon if anyone is interested.

#10,133 ·
Got it start again finally! :2thumbsup:
Also, I had some cheap plastic cup holders kicking around, and I figured that since I needed at least one cup holder in my YJ, I found a spot to put it. It had like a "U" tab type of thing on it, but I cut that off so it would lay flat. There was already a hole in the leftover tab that was just big enough for a windshield bolt. It's not perfect, but very functional. It does not bounce around at all. And it's small enough that there's space in between the holder and door.

#10,137 ·
what color is that?
It's Olive Drab Green... I had napa mix it up then added a quart of their flattener to the gallon of paint... mixed in the hardener and thinner and sprayed it on with a Harbor Freight LVHP gun. I only used about a pint of paint to do the whole thing.... Buying a gallon was a little overboard but I have plenty for touchups now. I mixed it thick so it has quite a bit of orange peel but it went on quite thick and seems to be hard enough. My first vehicle paint job.....:2thumbsup:

#10,138 ·
It's Olive Drab Green... I had napa mix it up then added a quart of their flattener to the gallon of paint... mixed in the hardener and thinner and sprayed it on with a Harbor Freight LVHP gun. I only used about a pint of paint to do the whole thing.... Buying a gallon was a little overboard but I have plenty for touchups now. I mixed it thick so it has quite a bit of orange peel but it went on quite thick and seems to be hard enough. My first vehicle paint job.....:2thumbsup:
Can't wait to see it in natural light all put together. also started a group for olive drab jeeps.

JeepForum.com - Olive Drab Jeeps

#10,140 ·
-Drove him topless for the very first time!!! (LOVED it! Can't wait for more nice days)
-Replaced the rear brake shoes and drums.
-Switched over to the soft top and half doors (then drove in a wind storm.... i thought the doors were going to blow off! it was bad..but they didn't).
-Fixed my door handle and the door strap