What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #7576
Jeannaree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cts6867 View Post
Spent about 7 hours today going through the entire ignition, fuel and ECM system. The check engine light was not coming on so I searched the threads and found that it may be capacitors inside the ECM. With no experience with this sort of thing I went to Radio Shack bought capacitors and a soldering iron. Replaced the old caps and the CEL came on and then it started up the first time. Music to my ears.
Thank you Honey.....I appreciate you fixing my Jeep....I love you....

Jeannaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #7577
wantajeep631
1992 YJ Wrangler 

put my spare on, back seat back in, put together a small tool bag. washed the truck. the other day at work i made a soft top prop and put some padding on the soft top tube.
wantajeep631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #7578
cjapgar

1994 YJ Wrangler 

took the top off

and changed the fuel pump and filter, and it needed it
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Bacon is meat candy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
cjapgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #7579
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

hacked on the anti theft lug nut on my spair tire. its still on there with considerably less material.
skeeterbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #7580
bunkeru2k
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced rear shocks, removed the rear trac-bar (which had to be cut off), herculined the tub, and installed a new Kenwood stereo and alpine speakers. Luckily, the old radio outputs were bad and I found that the sound bar speakers actually do work so money saved there!
bunkeru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #7581
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Took the lady and the dog to the ebach and had a blast. Even got to check out a new offroad spot, too bad most of the trails were underwater . Oh well, just another reason to lift it, lock it, and get some MTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #7582
Peltboy25
1990 YJ Wrangler 

took apart the gauges and concluded that my printed circuit board is fried where the clock gets it's juice. Anyone know where I can get one that doesn't cost $80?

Also took the opportunity to clean all the gauge faces, and paint the metal faceplate white so I have cool white rings around my gauges. I highly recommend everyone do this, and paint the faceplate body color. It's a great way to bring your color into the dash.
Unread 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #7583
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peltboy25 View Post
took apart the gauges and concluded that my printed circuit board is fried where the clock gets it's juice. Anyone know where I can get one that doesn't cost $80?

Also took the opportunity to clean all the gauge faces, and paint the metal faceplate white so I have cool white rings around my gauges. I highly recommend everyone do this, and paint the faceplate body color. It's a great way to bring your color into the dash.
Do you have pics? I was thinking of painting the rings orange and then the rest of the dash black. Thanks
Unread 09-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #7584
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Adjusted the rear drum brakes, and checked all the fluids. Tomorrow I start packing it for the Rubicon on Wednesday.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #7585
StitchMup
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Took all the carpet and pads out, tub in excellent shape. still gonna rhino line. startin to rain out here in the great northwest so I put the hard top back on...
[color="Black"][center][size="4"][font="Showcard Gothic"][color="Black"][url="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][color="Black"]Built Not Bought #56[/color][/url][/font][/size][/color][/center][/color]

[QUOTE=ziebartrob;8192765]I find that if you stick it in from a left or right angle instead of straight down it works no problem.:p[/QUOTE]
StitchMup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #7586
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkeru2k View Post
Replaced rear shocks, removed the rear trac-bar (which had to be cut off), herculined the tub, and installed a new Kenwood stereo and alpine speakers. Luckily, the old radio outputs were bad and I found that the sound bar speakers actually do work so money saved there!
my rear track bar bracket it broken off. do you recomend just ripin it off or welding it back on?
Unread 09-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #7587
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Started it up. stalled it out....in the middle of the street....and pushed her to the gas station. Time for a Locking gas cap. 15 gals...gone!
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #7588
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peltboy25 View Post

you can ususaly find them on eBay real cheap

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #7589
PASKS
2013 JK Wrangler 

gave my YJ the old "rattle can rehab" on the interior floor boards ect. gotta love the fact that a "detail" job includes a can of spray paint !!!
PASKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #7590
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASKS View Post
gave my YJ the old "rattle can rehab" on the interior floor boards ect. gotta love the fact that a "detail" job includes a can of spray paint !!!
Haha no doubt! Mine included some cleanup with a wire wheel on the drill, and some riveting of sheet metal. It definitely slowed down the rust!

My labor day was spent convincing the front track and sway bars to come off. I really don't know why the driver's side sway and track bolts have to interfere with each other. It makes it very difficult to remove them. The only thing I could get on the driver's side track bar nut was a crescent wrench, I couldn't believe that it actually worked! But those old threads fought me every quarter-turn of the way. The bolt started spinning so I had to hold the head with the channel-locks. Took a looong time.

I started the rear track bar after that but I wore myself out. Got the drivers side nut off but I don't have a tool to do the passenger side, the shock and exhaust are in the way. I took the nut off the shock but couldn't get the bolt out. Put the shock nut back on and made some stew.

I'm prepping for the RC 4" lift I ordered Friday 8-)

measure zero times, cut eight or ten

Last edited by ldso; 09-08-2009 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: forgot to add stuff
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.