What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 505 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #7561
1988jeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I attempted to tint my own windows today rather than pay a shop to do it. I got pre cut tint from ebay for like $30 (cut pretty good actually, I recommend it), 5% in the back and 20% for the two doors. I f*ed up the back window pretty bad because the piece was pretty large and a pain to handle. That piece was also cut for a newer hardtop, mine's a '92 but the hard top is from a '90. I might take that in to a shop to redo but overall not a horrible job. Now that I know how to do it, I could probably redo it again if I feel like it and have it come out better.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

*also just noticed the preceding post by gonewhln and our jeeps look similar although he's got a TJ

Unread 09-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #7562
BamaYJ91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I took my Jeep trailriding

Instead of spending my Saturday working on my 91YJ, I was able to go trail riding at Mountain Side Offroad Park. Yes, All of that hard wrenching pays with a trouble free day wheeling in the rain. The 4" Rusty's lift, with 35" Mud Brute tires worked great on the hills and in the mud. Several of the guys I met said the flex was great for new springs. We met guys from north Alabama and Georgia, some of these wheeled some wicked buggies.
Take it out and play with it.
BamaYJ91
BamaYJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #7563
KMA Krawler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well...where to start, I started my coil conversion about a month ago and I should be done this Tuesday. I call it a KMA Kustomz conversion...4.5" RE long arm Tri-Link we (my klub and I) made with the help of Ballistic Fabracations DIY parts. I got a Dana 30 off a XJ from a friend for free and everything transfered from my 30 to this 30(chromoloy shafts, CTM joints, Vaccum disconnect conversion, and Aussie Locker). The problem I ran into was the frame on a YJ goes straight back from the front and a TJ starts straight then curves in to allow the spring to fit so I had to notch the frame 1 1/2 inches to make room for the coils to fit and make a support for the backside...turned out great even if I say so myself. I'll try and post some pictures and document what we did to help someone else if they choose to do the same build.

"UNANSWERED THREADS"
KMA Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #7564
grgspencer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I cut the original trac bar mount off the vacuum disconnect housing,besides the fact it looks much cleaner I should be able to use the stock steer stabilizer once I do a tierod flip.
grgspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #7565
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Took the roof and doors off because it finally stopped raining like crazy here.

SO much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #7566
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Double post D'oh!

Quote:
Quote:
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 09-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #7567
smyth
1988 YJ Wrangler 

broke my windshield hinges. not really sure how it happened. but after a long ride with the windshield down i went to put it back up and they were split in 1/2. so now i'm ordering new ones.
smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #7568
wildride89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i helped my neighbor put new leaf springs on his cj and im getting ready to put a new lift on soon i hope
wildride89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #7569
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fixed the exhaust. Rewired the Daylighters. Fixed the broken battery terminal. Today was full of win!
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #7570
OVERLAND_YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

just got it back from a shop up here in the okanagan Canada that does amazing work. i would usually do most of it myself but some of this work needed pro's

new shock hoops on the front
new cross member and shock mounts rear
4 new bilsteins all the way around
5 new wheels with rock rings
5 new 37-14.00/15 IROKS with inner air beadlocks
new stainless exhauset

if your sharp you'll point out that the spare is still a 35 KM2, still waiting on the 5th IROK....they are quite hard to come by up here for some reason.
Unread 09-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #7571
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got one of those harbor freight air compressors today so that I can air down when I go wheelin'

Get to test it when I go to the beach tomorrow There shall be pics.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #7572
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyth View Post
broke my windshield hinges. not really sure how it happened. but after a long ride with the windshield down i went to put it back up and they were split in 1/2. so now i'm ordering new ones.
Don't feel bad, the first time I folded mien down to replace the cowl seal my passenger side one snapped right off Make sure you oil those things from time to time or else

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #7573
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Got the Girlfriends YJ going.

Spent about 7 hours today going through the entire ignition, fuel and ECM system. The check engine light was not coming on so I searched the threads and found that it may be capacitors inside the ECM. With no experience with this sort of thing I went to Radio Shack bought capacitors and a soldering iron. Replaced the old caps and the CEL came on and then it started up the first time. Music to my ears.
Cts6867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #7574
Edstu234
1995 ZJ 

Put the soft doors on over the weekend. Might try tonight for the hood dress up kit.
Edstu234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #7575
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i put a new amp for the speakers in last week and i have music again
today i went to have the oil changed (i change it every other time myself) the guy who does it is a jeeps-only guy and he had an extra rusty's cold air intake there so i got it for free and mounted that at his shop. also ordered my new tires from him for list price. toyo open country m/t 33x10.5x15. still looking for a new k&n filter for the intake. advanced auto didnt have one with the same opening. also doing work to a freinds 93 cherokee today hopefully

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.