What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #7546
Hurley91

Took hardtop off, then put everything on to put the soft top on, but it would'nt fit, so i had to take it all off anf put the hard top back on so i could go to work.

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #7547
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
Took hardtop off, then put everything on to put the soft top on, but it would'nt fit, so i had to take it all off anf put the hard top back on so i could go to work.
Go to work topless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless u expect rain
Mud-n-Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #7548
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud-n-Beer View Post
Go to work topless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless u expect rain
I work right across from the movie theaters and i didnt want to risk having some kid **** around with, plus it is getting cold at night
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #7549
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I got bored, and sprayed the hell out of my floorboards with that rattle can Duplicolor "bedliner" spray. Even in open air...Im freaking seeing stars...oh..
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #7550
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatts5250 View Post
I got bored, and sprayed the hell out of my floorboards with that rattle can Duplicolor "bedliner" spray. Even in open air...Im freaking seeing stars...oh..
I used this stuff. Works nicely if you are not doing anything to rough. and agreed I was high as a kite off the fumes, i couldn't stop laughing.

fixed my valve stem on my spare that went flat. Then filled all my tires up. I am going camping tomorrow.
ReconBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:17 AM   #7551
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmymanYJ View Post
I used this stuff. Works nicely if you are not doing anything to rough. and agreed I was high as a kite off the fumes, i couldn't stop laughing.

fixed my valve stem on my spare that went flat. Then filled all my tires up. I am going camping tomorrow.
camping....im envious...too hot, too many damn fires.
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #7552
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Took it to the touch free carwash, it's pretty clean, and it didn't leak
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #7553
jeepcrack
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Noob here to Jeeps so I will do the quick list of what I did to my 89 Islander over the past 6 weeks. Yellow in color without those goofy sunset decals.

- Painted fairings black
- New Mirrors mounted to window hinges
- New Muffler
- Plugs, wires, distributer cap, and that spinney thingy that goes inside the dist cap.
- New radiator, waterpump, and thermostat.
- painted and installed brushguard.
- Radio installed
- Rigged hard top so that 1 person can hoist it up with a boat trailer winch in the garage and drive out from under it.
- Front Brakes

If anybody has any tips on what I could do to fix or eliminate the vaccum posi-lok on the front axle, please PM me.
Unread 09-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #7554
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcrack View Post
Noob here to Jeeps so I will do the quick list of what I did to my 89 Islander over the past 6 weeks. Yellow in color without those goofy sunset decals.

- Painted fairings black
- New Mirrors mounted to window hinges
- New Muffler
- Plugs, wires, distributer cap, and that spinney thingy that goes inside the dist cap.
- New radiator, waterpump, and thermostat.
- painted and installed brushguard.
- Radio installed
- Rigged hard top so that 1 person can hoist it up with a boat trailer winch in the garage and drive out from under it.
- Front Brakes

If anybody has any tips on what I could do to fix or eliminate the vaccum posi-lok on the front axle, please PM me.
Do a Search on the forum,there has been alot of threads about it,its a very common problem.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #7555
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Took it out trail riding and mud'n last night with my freind's 12 year old son for his birthday,we made a few new trails and cleared some fallen trees in the old trails/firebreaks on the property,the kid LOVED it,but his mother gave me the <evil eye> when we got back and he was unrecognizable with mud from head to toe...lol

Never forget 9/11

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Unread 09-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #7556
1997_Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker709 View Post
Took it out trail riding and mud'n last night with my freind's 12 year old son for his birthday,we made a few new trails and cleared some fallen trees in the old trails/firebreaks on the property,the kid LOVED it,but his mother gave me the <evil eye> when we got back and he was unrecognizable with mud from head to toe...lol
hahahhaha she was probably pissed at you, for two things...

One, her kid is muddy and will probably run into the house
and
Two, you now got him hooked on jeeps and in four years he will be a proud jeep owner and a forum member.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #7557
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxnyj18 View Post
hahahhaha she was probably pissed at you, for two things...

One, her kid is muddy and will probably run into the house
and
Two, you now got him hooked on jeeps and in four years he will be a proud jeep owner and a forum member.
lol...last night he already "informed" his dad...."dad,I'm getting a job next summer so i can start saving for a Jeep like Mr Johns!"...lol..gotta love it!

Never forget 9/11

Unread 09-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #7558
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i changed my trans mount and it made a huge difference in the way my jeep feels. i love it!
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #7559
cubfanbudman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Today I installed the seat belt I got from rustywrangler. I feel so much safer now, the old one had cuts in the edges and was fraying.
Doug
cubfanbudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #7560
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Started my lift install.
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.