What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 499 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #7471
Dhofstet
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Removed the Rear fenders, and touched up the paint underneath, my YJ went from Red to OD this last week, and im still finding areas i missed..
Took off the faded Seat covers, plan on getting some new ones..

I got under the back end to get ready to remove the rear Trac bar and i realized it was already gone. I honestly had no idea!
Now im trac bar free!

Unread 08-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #7472
Dr.Dirty
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed the front half of the cage

Dr.Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #7473
Hurley91

Wire brushed some parts of the frame and undercoated it, finished up the muffler and replaced 1 wheel stud and 3 nuts. Oh and i removed the spare tire.
Unread 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #7474
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeled it!!!

Well it was last saturday, some of our group led a couple of kids from Civil Air Patrol to a site where a military C-54 crashed in '68. Mount Tobin, about 30 mi south of where I live.

Started up a canyon through an old mining district...
Note the jagged line across the foothills, its an old fault line from an earthquake about 30 years ago.

The trail after we get up on the ridges...
The exploder got left right there

Parked a short distance from the site, according to GPS we were at 9,500 Ft....

^^Believe it or not, right there was the best spot to turn around

My son and another guy hiked down quite a ways, that is a white wall tire next to them

My son found this zippo, another guy found a wrist watch..

And to remind us that 19 men lost their lives...

The trail down the mountain...
see the dust trail, way on down there?

And the ride home...

Happy Wheelin'

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #7475
goose142004
1989 YJ Wrangler 

got my new long block yesterday and got all the parts bolted on so i can put it back in tomorrow. YAY!!!
goose142004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #7476
Mud-n-Beer
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Got my PA. tag off, to switch to MD. tags after getting one bolt out, had to cut the other one off, due to rust. The front was a little different. Had to take off a tow bar mount to put my front license plate on. Took the other side off to. Don't need that **** on it anyway.

My Jeep is still sitting in my parking spot due to the usual Jeep **** that goes on. Coming up on (2) months now, but I did drive it last week, but it needs medical attention.
Mud-n-Beer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #7477
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

nothing.. wrong forum
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #7478
Gorgax
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ripped out my main vacuum harness and unclogged the main line that connects to the PCV valve. The thing has been clogged for about 5 years and after blowing oil all over hell I decided to finally take it off and fix the beast. After 3/4 of a can of Brake Cleaner and a lot headache it finally came clear. Now I gotta re-assemble and fire up.

I was beginning to think the thing was not going to unclog.. Patience won the day...
Gorgax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #7479
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

I thought about it...unfortunately that was all I could do today with it pouring down rain and all. It's been sitting on jack-stands all week getting a new lift put on it and I'm only able to work on it at certain times. Hopefully the weather clears up tomorrow so I can actually finish it up instead of just thinking about it.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #7480
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Took a cruise around St. Kitts with the jeep...snapped some photos...
UltimateCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #7481
E-Poppa
1995 YJ Wrangler 

new skin, for my girl!

Just got a new softie for her, in black denim. LOVE how it looks instead of the spice interior. I've got the entire dash panel, and dash board blacked out, and am going to attack the half door panels next. Be gone you wretched spice color!!!! Tomorrow i'm going to take some pictures for my profile of it finally.
E-Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #7482
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i had to change my slave cylinder on my 93 and clutch and changed the syncros.. it wasnt so badd! thought it'd be a LOT worse!!! took a good hard day between me and my dad, but it was easy.. just the stuff ws heavy! hahaha
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #7483
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got some new motor mounts and put those in, made a difference as they were both shot. Finally after work I had them delived to my shop and got those in in like 30min
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #7484
JEEP89YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Finished up my lift kit. Painted the frame, underbody, and axles, put on my new tires and took it for a shake down run, rides nice, snapped off my stock fender flares (probly should have trimmed them for my 33x12.5's) but everything went well. Made it home with no problems.
JEEP89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #7485
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I painted the wheels, hardtop for winter, bumpers and the wheelwells and undercarriage to freshen the old Jeep up. I changed the transmission pan gasket again since it was leaking again. Pictures for later.

Today the family and I drove it from Columbia, SC to Edisto Island for a week long vacation. Longest I have driven the Jeep since I got it. Ran perfectly, smooth as silk trip, although a little loud. I'm not used to the Jeep soft top drone yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.