What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 455 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #6811
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Pulled my front axle out and started cleaning it up for paint
Painted my leaf springs, u-bolt plates, diff slider, brake calipers, diff cover, and shackles.
Started making my d-ring mounts on my front bumper
Realized I really need to order ball joints for the front end

My rear 9" axle shafts and disk brakes get ordered tomorrow, along with a new line for my slave cylinder. Amongst other various odds and ends...

Unread 06-22-2009, 05:51 AM   #6812
yjjeepster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green89yj View Post
Started getting serious about the RC 4" I bought last week. I have been taking it easy due to not having tires but figured since it's already started might as well do it. I was out of town for a week and accomplished nothing. Still looking for some 33's if you got 'em. How much trouble should I really expect with the pitman arm? Should I just torch it right off the bat or use a bearing separator? Tierod fork? Air Chisel? I've been using penetrating oil on it for the last week. Can I just tap it apart with a BFH?

i cut a notch in mine were it goes on the steering box. then put a pry bar in the notch and pry it open, it will fall right off. i sprayed and sprayed and used a pitman arm puller. nothing worked so out came the cutoff wheel
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #6813
Muggsie
2002 WJ 

Yesterday for Father's Day my son helped me mount my Hi-Lift jack, shovel and fire ext. we also relocated the mirrors and put on her soft doors. She seems pretty happy now.
Muggsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #6814
mudrunner89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggsie View Post
Yesterday for Father's Day my son helped me mount my Hi-Lift jack, shovel and fire ext. we also relocated the mirrors and put on her soft doors. She seems pretty happy now.

I've been meaning to pick up a shovel, how and where did you mount it?
mudrunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #6815
Sambox
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I made a bracket for my cb antenna and mounted the it and the antenna and ran the coax.

I also cut of the rear bumperettes, finally.

1996 Cherokee XJ, All stock except for a Flow Master exhaust.........for now. He He.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/tucson/
Sambox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #6816
fastone110
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I bought GenRight bumbers last week. i got them all welded on for the most part except for 2 brackets that bolt to the roll bar.i also got my dads sport cage that he swapped out for a family cage. Chopped it up and added to mine. got a few other things ima do before i take it out again....

heres a few pics.. hope u enjoy.

Front all welded on.

Back all welded and bolted on. Roll cage modded. I am going to take it out, sand blast it, and paint it as well. I also am going to make another bead lock rim for a spare.

Front primed, ready for paint. Cats doing all the work....

Back primed, ready for paint.

Ill keep you posted!
'88 yj wrangler 2.5L /w 3.5 black diamond suspension lift, 2" body lift, 1 1/4" shackles, detroit gearless front locker, lockright in rear, posi-lok, traction bars off, no sway, 35x12.50x15 baja claws on homemade beadlocks, 4.10 gears protected by homemade diff covers, TFI, herculined, 8000lb winch, GenRight Bumbers, BrownDog 1''MML, JB SYE, flowmaster, custom YJ dash, kicker 4" front speakers, sony explode cd player, rocker panel guards, custom SS red brake lines.
fastone110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #6817
SantaAnaSlim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my YJ with 4" of lift and 31" tires. I upgraded to 33" tires. There's no way that stock jack was going to help me anymore. I got myself a Hi-Lift that mounts to the bumper, but my issue was where do I keep a tire iron. When I go wheeling I take my tool box, but around town I don't want to leave my tools in the open bed for the world to steal, so I removed the factory jack and made my own tire iron mount under the hood, so that I could still change a tire.

SantaAnaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #6818
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
I bought my YJ with 4" of lift and 31" tires. I upgraded to 33" tires. There's no way that stock jack was going to help me anymore. I got myself a Hi-Lift that mounts to the bumper, but my issue was where do I keep a tire iron. When I go wheeling I take my tool box, but around town I don't want to leave my tools in the open bed for the world to steal, so I removed the factory jack and made my own tire iron mount under the hood, so that I could still change a tire.

Click Free, I hope - First time to try to do it for someone. I assume I just quote the message.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #6819
DeZu
1990 YJ Wrangler 

2" body lift, 3/4" shackles, 32x11.5 Mickey Thompson MTX, Ultra Baja Champ wheels. Only gave $400 for the tires and wheels and they are basically brand new. thought that was pretty good.

before

after
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #6820
tx_medic
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Measured for all of my new wiring to support the dual battery setup and upgrade. Installed fuse holders, relocated PDC and finally inserted both Optima Red Tops into the tomken tray.
-Luke
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 01:13 AM   #6821
JeepTransformer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkijd View Post
FU? That's classy....
i agree

brraaap
JeepTransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #6822
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZu View Post
2" body lift, 3/4" shackles, 32x11.5 Mickey Thompson MTX, Ultra Baja Champ wheels. Only gave $400 for the tires and wheels and they are basically brand new. thought that was pretty good.

before

after
throw your new tires on the old weels and sell the chromies, keep that puppy blacked out
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #6823
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

although the bumper is chrome...paint it!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #6824
Sxinc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love thoes blank rims
Sxinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #6825
glimmerman
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green89yj View Post
Started getting serious about the RC 4" I bought last week. I have been taking it easy due to not having tires but figured since it's already started might as well do it. I was out of town for a week and accomplished nothing. Still looking for some 33's if you got 'em. How much trouble should I really expect with the pitman arm? Should I just torch it right off the bat or use a bearing separator? Tierod fork? Air Chisel? I've been using penetrating oil on it for the last week. Can I just tap it apart with a BFH?
Expect the pitman arm to be a p.i.t.a., then when it falls off in your hand you can be pleasantly surprised... I used the standard P/A puller.... maxed it out to the point of bending...then 6 or 8 good shots with a 4lb. hammer.... presto

You never truly know a woman, until you meet her in court!
glimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.