What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 454 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #6796
92yjeep92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ripped off the old exhaust and put on a Cherry Bomb Turbo! sounds GREAT

92yjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #6797
92yjeep92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJEEPER View Post
Totaled mine... Some guy pulled out in front of me while I was going 45.

Ive never felt so bad in my life...
Oh that sucks man. I feel for you. Is everyone ok?
92yjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #6798
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJEEPER View Post
Totaled mine... Some guy pulled out in front of me while I was going 45.

Ive never felt so bad in my life...
oh man, so sorry...Jeeps can be replaced/rebuilt in the end...as long as everyone is ok theres no worries

My YJ was given a god awful MACO $50 paint job by the previous owner, haha (from bright blue to black) with absolutely no prep, so blue pops out from behind the flares, roll bar pads, under the soft top tracks, etc...pulled all of the tracks and pads and other stuff off and used some duplicolor flat finish spray to match it all black, actually looks a lot better than I expected. I'll have to finish the roll bars with a coat of gloss finish.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #6799
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieYJ View Post
I shortened my front bumper to the "stubby" I have always wanted.
The Quadratec replacement fenders are decent. You may want to order a couple and get them painted up (I used Dupli-Color rattle cans) and ready to swap soon.
Unread 06-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #6800
brianjeeper
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cleaned it up a bit. Painted rollbar padding and seats from grey to black.

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/w...rrent=Jeep.jpg
brianjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #6801
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
The Quadratec replacement fenders are decent. You may want to order a couple and get them painted up (I used Dupli-Color rattle cans) and ready to swap soon.
haha. It took me a minute to realize why you were suggesting I get some new fenders. I am going to some flat tube fenders soon. Otherwise, yes, bad idea to have a stubby bumper and no fender protection.
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #6802
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieYJ View Post
haha. It took me a minute to realize why you were suggesting I get some new fenders. I am going to some flat tube fenders soon. Otherwise, yes, bad idea to have a stubby bumper and no fender protection.
Actually I meant what I said. I'm a fan of OEM fenders, including the noses, don't like the flats. Though the stubby bumpers look nice, me having them would mean having some spare fenders ready to go.
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #6803
ar4130
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Finished up installing a new Magnaflow Cat and Dynomax cat back. Very satisfied. Sounds good. Deffinately louder than stock, but not annoying. (I'm not really a fan of LOUD exhausts). Pretty easy installing the exhaust. The hardest part was dealing with my broken and spinning tcase bolts. It took some cutting, drilling, and welding to fix that problem. That part was a PITA!
1992 YJ -2.5 Old Man Emu lift, RC 1-1/4" Boom greasable shackles, JKS Discos, 1" Daystar BL, 33x12.5x15 BFG AT KO's mounted on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's, flush mounted tailights, SJFab front bumper, TKH Fab swingout tire carrier welded to a Dirtworx rear bumper, Tuffy stereo console, RC SS Extended brake lines, Home brew plate relocation bracket, Magnaflow Cat, Dynomax Cat back, No track bars front or rear
1997 XJ - 4.5 RC coils + extra OEM spring isolator(6.5" actual front), OME medium duty springs+OME extra leaf + Teraflex 1.5 shackles (6.5" actual in rear), OME Long travel shocks, OME SS, IRO Adj TB, IRO Adj LCA'S, IRO Adj Uppers, RC Control arm drop brackets, JKS Quicker Discos, SYE / XJ shaft, 33x12.5x15 BFG AT KO's on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's, RC SS extended Brake lines, Hella 500's
1996 ZJ - RE 2 inch BB w/shocks (rides like crap), OME SS, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2's - SOLD
ar4130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #6804
scuzzfuzz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Today I took my mom, grandma, and grandpa to Culvers for icecream. It was my grandparents 51st wedding anniversary and the first time ever riding in a wrangler they loved it!
scuzzfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #6805
HokieYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Actually I meant what I said. I'm a fan of OEM fenders, including the noses, don't like the flats. Though the stubby bumpers look nice, me having them would mean having some spare fenders ready to go.
hahaha nice man! I do like the stock fenders too, but there is just something about tube fenders that I like!!! The did bumper my fenders many times against some nasty trees. I wouldnt want to drive around too long with mangled body parts though, so good job on having some spares!!
HokieYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #6806
kyleb0402
1994 YJ Wrangler 

front and rear brakes
swapped out the brake fluid
and yesterday
new vacuum lines and a new fuel filter
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #6807
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Put my jeep on the road after a year of sitting up/working on it. After driving on the road about 10 miles the drivers side caliper seized up. I pulled into my mama's antique shop to help her unload and I saw smoke coming front the wheel. I also noticed a drag and brake smell going down the highway. Anyway, I got 2 calipers and a new set of brake pads. An hour later I was on the road again. I love my jeep.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #6808
VacaDuck
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Put a new muffler on the old girl today. Will need to get a new cat as well. The core is broken loose and is rattling like an old sewing machine.

But at least she is running nice and smooth now that all the exhaust leaks are fixed.

I will need to get the rear pipe reinstalled. Running out of daylight so I just threw a 90 on the end of the muffler and have it dumping out right in front of the rear axle. That's a job for next weekend.
VacaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #6809
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Started getting serious about the RC 4" I bought last week. I have been taking it easy due to not having tires but figured since it's already started might as well do it. I was out of town for a week and accomplished nothing. Still looking for some 33's if you got 'em. How much trouble should I really expect with the pitman arm? Should I just torch it right off the bat or use a bearing separator? Tierod fork? Air Chisel? I've been using penetrating oil on it for the last week. Can I just tap it apart with a BFH?
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #6810
lil_joe
1997 ZJ 

^^^green, it took me 2 days of Liquid Wrench, heat, gear puller, BFH.....
START ON IT NOW!!!!!
--[.]IIIII[.]
Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated
HER's: 92 YJ 4" RC 1.5 RC Booms, 1" BL on 33's
MINE's: 97 ZJ 5.2 Upcountry Limited Project 2" RE BB on 265/75 Mud Dogs, Locked front LSD rear, 242 swapped T-Case, RC Quick Disco's
www.virtualjeepclub.com/
lil_joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.