What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #601
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRover
I have those same covers on my red 92 YJ ...better hope that bikini top is the full-length one, or your back seat will be PINK by the end of summer...or get some of that UV treatment stuff that they make

OOH, and I finally took off my bumper end-caps yesterday.
Arent the neoprene supposed to be waterproof. How does a waterproof cover run?

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #602
Eric_D
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I installed new hood hardware.
Eric_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #603
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellyDSP
Arent the neoprene supposed to be waterproof. How does a waterproof cover run?

They can't! They don't have feet! DA BUM Pshhhh

I don't mean the color is running, it just fades slowly with exposure to sunlight. The black is still totally black, but the red parts are getting lighter and lighter. Still waterproof, and I still love 'em, but I wish I had gotten all black.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #604
1stJeepyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I washed and waxed her. I installed a new CB antenna and a new pair of backup lights. Sprayed my leaf spring's bolts with WD40, I'm getting ready to install newer leaves with a 2 to 3 inch lift. Drove to Wally World topless, almost 80 degrees here !!! A wonderful day!!!
95 YJ, 2.5L, 32x11.50x15 Dunlop Mud, MSD ignition, 4.0 throttle body w/spacer, Black all rattle can, Taurus electric fan, K/N cone filter, 2" BL, 1" H/D shackles, 1.5" Black Diamond suspension lift, soft top, Harbor Freight 8000Lb winch, Pioneer CD reciever w/4 speakers, Cobra CB, Posi-Loc, Coca Cola Bottle opener, custom rear bumper, 48" Hi-lift Herculined tub, 11 lights in front and two backup driving lights
1stJeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #605
dwales31

lift

started to install my lift kit...ran into lots of rust...only took 20 minutes into it to break out the sawzall... 5 hours later front end still isnt done....original 14 year old suspension sucks to take off
dwales31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #606
TravisR

put on my full size spare took the jeep to the welder to have him straiten and reinforce my shock bracket it was bent.
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:04 AM   #607
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally replaced the ORGINAL radiator with 215,000 miles on it... Is is bad when you can see through the old one? hehe...
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #608
rare-renegade

I just converted over to ZJ rear disc brakes and proportioning valve, 69 Corvette master cylinder. Pretty smooth upgrade and boy, what brakes now! Also, installed 5 marker lights ontop of my hardtop.
1991 Renegade, 4" Rough Country Lift, 32" A/T's on 15x8 Canyons, Fr. Runk Bumper, Rear Warn Rock Crusher Bumper, Ramsey 6000# Winch, 4.10 YJ Axles, Blower Mtr. Upgrade, 150 AMP alternator, ZJ Rear Disc Brakes w/Corvette MC, CB w/Firestik, Half Hardoors, Warn Steering Box Guard, KC Highlights.
rare-renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #609
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nutter bypass, TFI upgrade, and new Tuffy stereo console w/Pioneer head unit and 6x9s in roll bar-mounted boxes. I'm a tired puppy!
Unread 04-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #610
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Removed my front flares to install TJ's and rocker guards. Unfortunately I cant get my body mount bolts loose, and I'm pretty sure I broke one of the nuts loose in the process. Of course it's the only bolt that now turns. In an effort to still be productive, I installed rock lights, backup lights, and started hardwiring my inverter. All while nursing the worst hangover in a long time. I just have to re-install the dash tomorrow and we're good to go, plus work ont he steering. I love electrical work, cause there's no rust.

...now to replace the tranny so I can do some night wheeling.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Unread 04-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #611
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I did a little work on my dash this weekend. I finally covered a few holes and got it looking a little better. Before I had the CB where the guages go, the guages where the radio should be, and the radio between the seats. I got some thin steel plate and mounted my guages and covered the holes I had left in the factory dash.

Here is the best before pic I have

and after. Now I have a new hole in the dash I'll need to fill with something.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #612
jeep_chinto

what i did to day.. spent 3 hours cutting a peice of stainless steel for a skid plate got that welded into place took it for a test drive bounced over a few rocks held up pritty well till i smacked it with a crow bar and it fell off

then i looked at some other things saw that the rear track bar had riped off the axel and that the one rear shock mount was pritty well distroyed.. ill post some pics up probalby monday when i get to work

glad its only well sunday so i can work on figuren out what to do.
jeep_chinto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2006, 10:13 AM   #613
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_chinto
then i looked at some other things saw that the rear track bar had riped off the axel and that the one rear shock mount was pritty well distroyed.. ill post some pics up probalby monday when i get to work

glad its only well sunday so i can work on figuren out what to do.
I would knock re-attaching the rear trackbar off the list. Just think, the rust did half the work for you. Now throw that f-er out.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Unread 04-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #614
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finished wiring up the inverter today. I shot it with black primer so it looks more "stock." Now hopefully wouldbe theives will walk on by. I would have liked it a bit more hidden, but the firewall was the only space I had left that was out of the way. Mounted switches and outlets under the overhang, so hopefully they'll be a little more protected.(...and yes, I ran out of switches )

Too many wires under the freakin dash

and the back-up lights from last night which I ran through a stock switch I yanked from an XJ

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Unread 04-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #615
jackal411

Took out my seats and center console. Took out my carpet for the summer. Put my seats and console back in.
Then I went to my local jeep club meeting.
jackal411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.