Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#77,761 ·
I picked up a winter project for it.

#77,762 ·
Hmmm... high pinion D44, coil springs, new enough it still has the stickers on it and no rust.

JK Rubicon axle?

#77,765 ·
Are you going with *shudder* coil springs or are you doing it right with leaves, the way God and Chrysler intended?

#77,766 ·
@bruinjeeper The WMS is 65". With the Ultimate88 kit in the 8.8 and adapters from 5x4.5 to 5x5 I should be pretty close to the same front and rear.

#77,767 ·
Are you going with *shudder* coil springs or are you doing it right with leaves, the way God and Chrysler intended?
I'll run leafs for a while for the sake of getting it under the Jeep, until I can afford to 3 link and run coilovers or air shocks.

#77,769 ·
I love it! How about getting a F150 8.8 to match it with out spacers and such?
I have quite a bit into my current 8.8 with the truss, link brackets and Ultimate 88 kit. I would still need adapters for a full width 8.8 since they are 5x5.5 and JK axles are 5x5. It's a good thought but if I swapped out the rear it would be to a JK44. I've seen then for fairly cheap on CL but that's a lot of work :welder:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#77,771 ·
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Mostly being able to run 37s.

I picked it up for $500, just an empty housing with shafts. They don't make many lockers for Rubicon 44s. Gonna be keeping my eye on the classifieds...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#77,775 ·
I'll run leafs for a while for the sake of getting it under the Jeep, until I can afford to 3 link and run coilovers or air shocks.
Race to see who gets their's under the Jeep first before Moab in the spring?

#77,776 ·
Huh. Moab is 1000 miles away from me. Only 16 hours.

#77,778 ·
Race to see who gets their's under the Jeep first before Moab in the spring?
That's the plan. After the New Years run in AZ I'll start swapping it in. Hopefully I can start getting it assembled before then. I think I have a better chance since you have 2 axles to do :smile2:

QUOTE=jmart2119;40422013]
[/QUOTE]

My favorite gif

Reactions: NHfireLJ
#77,779 ·
Got some more of my engine put together. Had to order a new alternator I decided to go with a single wire instead of having to mess with the dodge alternator I originally had. Also got most of the mounting done for the intercooler. Need to go to town and buy some bolts to finish it. Hopefully I'll be dropping it back in soon and getting the intercooler plumbing finished up. I also decided to just use the radiator trans cooler instead of trying to find a place for the external one I had. May end up finding a place for it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk