What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3606 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #54076
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I don't like notching tubing either. I have a special drill press set up in my shop specifically for it and I dread having to use it.
yeah seemed like my buddy gotta kick outta watching me go back and forth, back and forth....bends and angles - no problems, planes and notching...sucks. i can't get the hang of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns003 View Post
so badass. Thats exactly what i want to do eventually! Love the stinger decal too.
Thx. Believe it or not I cut that out of the metal by hand. Tony Alva symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
That looks sick. What kind of bender do you use?
I will find out for ya. It is a good bender. The downside it the base plate is VERY small and does not really give good mounting surface to the floor for stress. I think we'll get a 12" x 12" square steel plate, weld the bender to that, then anchor that down to the floor

Anyhow, thanks for the props fam!

I really need to learn how to weld so i can say i did it ALL myself.

jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #54077
larrymo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I ordered some CJ style mirrors, when they come in I'll remove the tiny mirrors on my hard doors then fill the holes and paint
Just a suggestion, but I put the CJ mirrors on my '95 YJ and instead of filling the hard door mirror holes, I just painted the screws and put them back into the existing holes...just in case I ever decided to go back to the original mirrors.

Photo might be a little hard to see, but the screws are pained black:

larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #54078
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I ordered some CJ style mirrors, when they come in I'll remove the tiny mirrors on my hard doors then fill the holes and paint
I'll take those mirrors off your hands if you don't want them? My hard doors had the mirror buckets but no glass

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #54079
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Deleted: Double post

My Build Thread
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #54080
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
You'll hate them, at least I did, I put half door mirrors on my full doors.
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #54081
HaskiE
Thread Reviver

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post
You'll hate them, at least I did, I put half door mirrors on my full doors.
why?

I've got YJ paddle mirrors on movers (on the bottom part of the windshield hinge) and they're ok... not the best though. still bend in a little @ highway speeds, but not too bad. have to move the inspection sticker so you can see the passenger side one thru the windshield. I think they move on the highway just because they're the first to get the wind, instead of the windshield taking the first whack...

are CJ ones good in the wind? seems like they're a little smaller/ centered on the arm, so they may not move as much as the paddle style. I might be swapping to those!
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #54082
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post

why?

I've got YJ paddle mirrors on movers (on the bottom part of the windshield hinge) and they're ok... not the best though. still bend in a little @ highway speeds, but not too bad. have to move the inspection sticker so you can see the passenger side one thru the windshield. I think they move on the highway just because they're the first to get the wind, instead of the windshield taking the first whack...

are CJ ones good in the wind? seems like they're a little smaller/ centered on the arm, so they may not move as much as the paddle style. I might be swapping to those!
I never could see s#!t out of my cj mirrors and they were adjusted correctly.
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #54083
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well I got up today and my d30 bombshell was on the porch!

By the way, this thing is pure beef!

Well as I was opening it I heard Brown Santa pull in and throw my sye on the porch.

So a few minutes later I was walking out to throw out the trash from the bombshell and the mailman pulled in and handed my lubelocker

So all in all today was a great day!
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #54084
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Well as I was opening it I heard Brown Santa pull in and throw my sye on the porch.

So a few minutes later I was walking out to throw out the trash from the bombshell and the mailman pulled in and handed my lubelocker

Nice cover!
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #54085
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Sounds like a damn good day to me!
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #54086
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So got up this morning and realized it was gonna be a warm, dry not to breezy day so I broke out the paint equipment. She got 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.. Not to bad for a DIY in my yard project.. Im pleased with the results.
How it looked coming into today. All the odd primer spots are either rust spots that i had to go all the way down to the metal for or areas where the sander got a little too hungry.

2 coats of primer

Some red laid down

Finished paint

2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.

Heres the color in the sun.. Its actually red but looks orange in the pic

Went pretty good Total cost so far is $150 plus around $50 in materials. I still need to do the hood, fenders and grill so Im thinking Ill be in the hole between 300-400 when its all done.
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #54087
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos76cj View Post
So got up this morning and realized it was gonna be a warm, dry not to breezy day so I broke out the paint equipment. She got 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.. Not to bad for a DIY in my yard project.. Im pleased with the results.
How it looked coming into today. All the odd primer spots are either rust spots that i had to go all the way down to the metal for or areas where the sander got a little too hungry.

2 coats of primer

Some red laid down

Finished paint

2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.

Heres the color in the sun.. Its actually red but looks orange in the pic

Went pretty good Total cost so far is $150 plus around $50 in materials. I still need to do the hood, fenders and grill so Im thinking Ill be in the hole between 300-400 when its all done.
...that's a great damn job from the looks of it! No bugs or debris get stuck on it? That's my concern about doing the monstaliner outside and having no overhead...grant it picking a non breezy day helps I'm sure.
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #54088
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Didn't notice too many bugs in it. I'm gonna roll it out tomorrow and check it out really well. After the clear dried for about 30 minutes I pulled the plastic off and the dried primer flaked off and go on the paint but I think most of it will wipe off. I know if I mow my yard a few days prior to paint then Mist it before I paint and most of it stay out. Although when I painted another jeep I had a freshly painted black hood fall into my newly mowed grass.
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #54089
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Stabbed the 30 back in, then realized I forgot to order ubolts up front! getting them made tomorrow so I had to derail and work on some rust spots on the frame and moved brake lines.
Sitting at full hang here and the vent and vacuum wont come close to reaching top of shock tower to center of bottom shock bolt is 27 3/4" just hanging like this, so my ghetto Ashland shocks will still work :O
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #54090
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob
Stabbed the 30 back in, then realized I forgot to order ubolts up front! getting them made tomorrow so I had to derail and work on some rust spots on the frame and moved brake lines. Sitting at full hang here and the vent and vacuum wont come close to reaching top of shock tower to center of bottom shock bolt is 27 3/4" just hanging like this, so my ghetto Ashland shocks will still work :O
Unbolt that away bar while your under there!

My Build Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.