What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3606 - JeepForum.com
 466Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #54076 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
larrymo
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DFW
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I ordered some CJ style mirrors, when they come in I'll remove the tiny mirrors on my hard doors then fill the holes and paint
Just a suggestion, but I put the CJ mirrors on my '95 YJ and instead of filling the hard door mirror holes, I just painted the screws and put them back into the existing holes...just in case I ever decided to go back to the original mirrors.

Photo might be a little hard to see, but the screws are pained black:



larrymo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54077 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I ordered some CJ style mirrors, when they come in I'll remove the tiny mirrors on my hard doors then fill the holes and paint
I'll take those mirrors off your hands if you don't want them? My hard doors had the mirror buckets but no glass

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #54078 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,517
Deleted: Double post

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #54079 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
WidowYj91
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibsonville NC
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I ordered some CJ style mirrors, when they come in I'll remove the tiny mirrors on my hard doors then fill the holes and paint
You'll hate them, at least I did, I put half door mirrors on my full doors.

'91 YJ,2.5L, 5spd, 1.25" BL, O.M.E 36r springs, 32x11.50 km2's,
WidowYj91 is offline  
post #54080 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
HaskiE
Web Wheeler
 
HaskiE's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lowell
Posts: 2,075
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post
You'll hate them, at least I did, I put half door mirrors on my full doors.
why?

I've got YJ paddle mirrors on movers (on the bottom part of the windshield hinge) and they're ok... not the best though. still bend in a little @ highway speeds, but not too bad. have to move the inspection sticker so you can see the passenger side one thru the windshield. I think they move on the highway just because they're the first to get the wind, instead of the windshield taking the first whack...

are CJ ones good in the wind? seems like they're a little smaller/ centered on the arm, so they may not move as much as the paddle style. I might be swapping to those!

1992 YJ 1"Body Lift, Slip Yoke Eliminator & CV Driveshaft,
2.5" TJ exhaust, WJ valve cover, XJ Computer, External Slave Cyl AX15,
Durango Steeringbox, No track or sway bars, CJ tailgate, on 31's :)
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline  
post #54081 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
WidowYj91
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibsonville NC
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE View Post

why?

I've got YJ paddle mirrors on movers (on the bottom part of the windshield hinge) and they're ok... not the best though. still bend in a little @ highway speeds, but not too bad. have to move the inspection sticker so you can see the passenger side one thru the windshield. I think they move on the highway just because they're the first to get the wind, instead of the windshield taking the first whack...

are CJ ones good in the wind? seems like they're a little smaller/ centered on the arm, so they may not move as much as the paddle style. I might be swapping to those!
I never could see s#!t out of my cj mirrors and they were adjusted correctly.

'91 YJ,2.5L, 5spd, 1.25" BL, O.M.E 36r springs, 32x11.50 km2's,
WidowYj91 is offline  
post #54082 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
WidowYj91
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibsonville NC
Posts: 727
Well I got up today and my d30 bombshell was on the porch!


By the way, this thing is pure beef!

Well as I was opening it I heard Brown Santa pull in and throw my sye on the porch.


So a few minutes later I was walking out to throw out the trash from the bombshell and the mailman pulled in and handed my lubelocker

So all in all today was a great day!

'91 YJ,2.5L, 5spd, 1.25" BL, O.M.E 36r springs, 32x11.50 km2's,
WidowYj91 is offline  
post #54083 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 02:51 PM
jawasan
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post
Well I got up today and my d30 bombshell was on the porch!


By the way, this thing is pure beef!

Well as I was opening it I heard Brown Santa pull in and throw my sye on the porch.


So a few minutes later I was walking out to throw out the trash from the bombshell and the mailman pulled in and handed my lubelocker

So all in all today was a great day!
Nice cover!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-starting-yj-5-3l-bdturnkey-4l60e-novak-swap-2935953/
jawasan is offline  
post #54084 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 02:53 PM
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post
Well I got up today and my d30 bombshell was on the porch!


By the way, this thing is pure beef!

Well as I was opening it I heard Brown Santa pull in and throw my sye on the porch.


So a few minutes later I was walking out to throw out the trash from the bombshell and the mailman pulled in and handed my lubelocker

So all in all today was a great day!
Sounds like a damn good day to me!

if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline  
post #54085 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 03:14 PM
jimbos76cj
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 598
So got up this morning and realized it was gonna be a warm, dry not to breezy day so I broke out the paint equipment. She got 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.. Not to bad for a DIY in my yard project.. Im pleased with the results.
How it looked coming into today. All the odd primer spots are either rust spots that i had to go all the way down to the metal for or areas where the sander got a little too hungry.

2 coats of primer


Some red laid down



Finished paint


2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.

Heres the color in the sun.. Its actually red but looks orange in the pic


Went pretty good Total cost so far is $150 plus around $50 in materials. I still need to do the hood, fenders and grill so Im thinking Ill be in the hole between 300-400 when its all done.

88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline  
post #54086 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
jawasan
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos76cj View Post
So got up this morning and realized it was gonna be a warm, dry not to breezy day so I broke out the paint equipment. She got 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.. Not to bad for a DIY in my yard project.. Im pleased with the results.
How it looked coming into today. All the odd primer spots are either rust spots that i had to go all the way down to the metal for or areas where the sander got a little too hungry.

2 coats of primer


Some red laid down



Finished paint


2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear.

Heres the color in the sun.. Its actually red but looks orange in the pic


Went pretty good Total cost so far is $150 plus around $50 in materials. I still need to do the hood, fenders and grill so Im thinking Ill be in the hole between 300-400 when its all done.
...that's a great damn job from the looks of it! No bugs or debris get stuck on it? That's my concern about doing the monstaliner outside and having no overhead...grant it picking a non breezy day helps I'm sure.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-starting-yj-5-3l-bdturnkey-4l60e-novak-swap-2935953/
jawasan is offline  
post #54087 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 06:46 PM
jimbos76cj
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 598
Didn't notice too many bugs in it. I'm gonna roll it out tomorrow and check it out really well. After the clear dried for about 30 minutes I pulled the plastic off and the dried primer flaked off and go on the paint but I think most of it will wipe off. I know if I mow my yard a few days prior to paint then Mist it before I paint and most of it stay out. Although when I painted another jeep I had a freshly painted black hood fall into my newly mowed grass.

88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline  
post #54088 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels
 
The_Goob's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Walcott
Posts: 4,410
Garage
Stabbed the 30 back in, then realized I forgot to order ubolts up front! getting them made tomorrow so I had to derail and work on some rust spots on the frame and moved brake lines.
Sitting at full hang here and the vent and vacuum wont come close to reaching top of shock tower to center of bottom shock bolt is 27 3/4" just hanging like this, so my ghetto Ashland shocks will still work :O
The_Goob is online now  
post #54089 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob
Stabbed the 30 back in, then realized I forgot to order ubolts up front! getting them made tomorrow so I had to derail and work on some rust spots on the frame and moved brake lines. Sitting at full hang here and the vent and vacuum wont come close to reaching top of shock tower to center of bottom shock bolt is 27 3/4" just hanging like this, so my ghetto Ashland shocks will still work :O
Unbolt that away bar while your under there!

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #54090 of 69852 Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels
 
The_Goob's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Walcott
Posts: 4,410
Garage
I have small children so it's staying in the discos work well enough
The_Goob is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome