What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3547 - JeepForum.com
 4426Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #53191 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well if it's against the law I'm a felon by now. lol

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53192 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Mambo_Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Used it.

post #53193 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Kudu
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mambo what part of S. Florida? I lived in Ochopee at Big Cypress a couple of winters. Great places to get out exploring I would recommend to any Jeeper in that region. Best time of year for a drive or catch and release snook! Home of the swamp buggy races too.

To stay true to the thread: changed oil in TC, transmission, engine, plugs, wires cap and rotor, oil pressure switch.
Attached Images

post #53194 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 09:28 PM
AZdEvilYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Door #2 gettin full resto

Name:  image-2692107853.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  500.2 KB

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53195 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Drove it to work. I keep trying to figure out if it'll make it up the slopes when the snow melts.

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
post #53196 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 10:10 PM
tecksjeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Where did you get the mirror movers and how much? Can you see the passenger side one very well? Do you have hard doors with wind wing windows?
I have been thinking to weld a couple tabs on my windshield spot light mounts and mount my mirrors up there.
I got the mirror mover off Quadratec for $20. Looking at them now I probably could have made them with scrap steel. And no I can't see the passenger side at all. I wish I had hard doors lol. I'm gonna make some brackets to put my old KC lights just above them. And if you know of a solution for the dam passenger side mirror let me know man haha

5.7 Vortec, D60 front w/ detroit,14 bolt rear w/spool. 16" FOA Coilovers in rear ORI struts in front, Barnes Enduro Joints, Daves custom boat sides/rear armor.

Check out my build here!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53197 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Overhead
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecksjeep View Post
I got the mirror mover off Quadratec for $20. Looking at them now I probably could have made them with scrap steel. And no I can't see the passenger side at all. I wish I had hard doors lol. I'm gonna make some brackets to put my old KC lights just above them. And if you know of a solution for the dam passenger side mirror let me know man haha
bend the arm all the way forward, you can just kinda see the mirror facing backwards through your windshield
post #53198 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4 linked it. Total cost, including the axle and Ford shock towers, was $200. I used JK arms, TJ axle, stock TJ springs, and a TJ track bar.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8089.jpg   IMG_8182.jpg  

-Will

1997 TJ - Current project: Simple-ish build
post #53199 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 PM
tecksjeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
bend the arm all the way forward, you can just kinda see the mirror facing backwards through your windshield
Thanks man I will give that a shot when I get home from work in the morning.

5.7 Vortec, D60 front w/ detroit,14 bolt rear w/spool. 16" FOA Coilovers in rear ORI struts in front, Barnes Enduro Joints, Daves custom boat sides/rear armor.

Check out my build here!
post #53200 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Carlos14
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatchy View Post
4 linked it. Total cost, including the axle and ford shock towers, was $200. I used JK arms, TJ axle, stock TJ springs, and a TJ track bar.
Nicely done! I'll be doing similar soon.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #53201 of 75227 Old 01-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Washed it and PB blasted all the roll bar bolts. getting it ready to come out.

Waiting on my Rough Country lift to sag!
post #53202 of 75227 Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM
XXRAIDERXX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So.... I am new to the forum. I recently bought a 93 YJ from a friend. I have been looking a getting one for a while and couldnt pass this one up. It needs work but the price was right. I am NOT a mechanic and plan to use this forum as a source of info. This weekend, I repleced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, serpentine belt and idler pulley. After all that, I still have a squeel coming from the front end. I have a feeling it might be the alternator but i really dont know because Im not a mechanic. I will probably pull the alternator next weekend and have it tested. Maybe that will tell me something IDK.

Today, before work, I removed the front track bar(rear was already gone). my plan was to just tighten it up because i learned that a loose track bar was often time the result of the "Death Wobble" which i learned about on this forum. I didnt expect it to fix my "Death Wobble" problem but the track bars are gone now. After spending some time under the jeep, I think i may have to replece some ball joints.

I checked the wheel bearings today by rocking the front wheels from noon to 6pm and had slight movement. Should I think about replacing the hub assemblys and upper and lower ball joints at the same time? Any input would be appreciated.
post #53203 of 75227 Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 AM
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
Mambo what part of S. Florida? I lived in Ochopee at Big Cypress a couple of winters. Great places to get out exploring I would recommend to any Jeeper in that region. Best time of year for a drive or catch and release snook! Home of the swamp buggy races too.

To stay true to the thread: changed oil in TC, transmission, engine, plugs, wires cap and rotor, oil pressure switch.
Raised in Naples myself and remember the Swamp Buggy Races back when they were at the old (original) track....

On topic, washed the mud off of it.... it was bad

Not the sharpest bulb in the box....

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
post #53204 of 75227 Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 AM
calvynandhobbs

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I picked up a rust free windshield frame with good glass and rear view mirror to install when I get to that point in my build. Tomorrow night I'm trading off a couple axles for a Warn 9500 winch. Hopefully I'll start dismantling the YJ soon to start the build. Taking me a lot longer to get started than I wanted it to.

94 YJ - work in progress
post #53205 of 75227 Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 AM
squishy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXRAIDERXX
So.... I am new to the forum. I recently bought a 93 YJ from a friend. I have been looking a getting one for a while and couldnt pass this one up. It needs work but the price was right. I am NOT a mechanic and plan to use this forum as a source of info. This weekend, I repleced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, serpentine belt and idler pulley. After all that, I still have a squeel coming from the front end. I have a feeling it might be the alternator but i really dont know because Im not a mechanic. I will probably pull the alternator next weekend and have it tested. Maybe that will tell me something IDK.

Today, before work, I removed the front track bar(rear was already gone). my plan was to just tighten it up because i learned that a loose track bar was often time the result of the "Death Wobble" which i learned about on this forum. I didnt expect it to fix my "Death Wobble" problem but the track bars are gone now. After spending some time under the jeep, I think i may have to replece some ball joints.

I checked the wheel bearings today by rocking the front wheels from noon to 6pm and had slight movement. Should I think about replacing the hub assemblys and upper and lower ball joints at the same time? Any input would be appreciated.
Welcome to the disfunction.

For the squeal I'd try to localize the squeal. Start it and find it! If your gunna tear anything apart it's a good idea to replace what you can while your there. That being said hub assemblies aren't cheap make sure their bad before you spend the monies. You can rent/buy a ball joint press. I'd recommend using one otherwise you may damage the ball joints on assembly and without one the fight to get them out would be epic! Lol. Good luck and you came to the right place for advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Gratitude and Gold both start with G and are just as rare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.