What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3408 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #51106
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Good god AzDevil, did you just park in my garage? id rather have a paved driveway sometimes than tiny garage.

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #51107
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's bit of a squeeze in there but I live in an apartment and they frown upon seeing my immobile jeep on jackstands for longer than a day. Im fairly limber and make the best if it. I can get around the front of the jeep fairly easy so which is the tools and bench are

I did my entire suspension inside there

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #51108
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaskiE

THOSE COME OFF???

seriously...? I'm on seat belt #3; I can't imagine that was easy to remove

last night I hit the frame with marine clean and metal ready - doing POR15 sometime later this week
Yeah a staple holds the belt in the plastic piece. All you have to do is pull it out.
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #51109
TennesseeYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2112 View Post
It fell off, as in it was no longer on the radiator neck? Either you didn't have it locked on, the neck is damaged and it can't lock on, or you got the wrong size. As far as coolant puking out, when the neck seal unseats any coolant that comes out should go to the overflow tank, unless you got the wrong size cap, a vented cap instead of non-vented, or the vent seal is torn. The difference is a non-vented cap has a rubber seal underneath the cap itself (the part you hold on to when tightening or loosening it) that seals against the top of the radiator neck, while a vented cap will have nothing or sometimes a thin brass disc.
Yea .. as in gone. I've been cranking wrenches since I was 16 dad and I building my old 440 '74 Charger, I'm 43 now and have built many cars and bikes. I've only had this Jeep since mid summer and it's been seriously abused by the PO. The weak links are still showing up. The thing was a POS that needed badly saving. I changed the antifreeze in it right after I rebuilt the brakes, welded an exhaust under it and a grocery list of other things to make it road worthy. But, yes .. I did reuse the old cap (dumb move) but at least it took about 7 months to come off ... lol. I put a vented one back on it and it locked in tight. It needs a new radiator eventually, it doesnt leak but is seriously nasty inside the core. Who knows .. just one of those things. I've seen radiators blow and split, I've seen hoses blow ... a radiator cap just come off for no obvious reason was just a new one, thats all. I'm not sweatin it, I got to work fine, only lost about a gallon so the engine is covered in antifreeze. Advanced auto is a short walk from the campus. Went and got the cap and antifreeze put it all in/on. Went riding around at lunch. The world is still all good! LOL
TennesseeYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #51110
TennesseeYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
Good god AzDevil, did you just park in my garage? id rather have a paved driveway sometimes than tiny garage.
I got a concrete car port, driveway and too small of a garage. But the garage is so full of tools and just plain crap it has a path down the middle of it. I cant even get to my big PC oven to finish wiring it up. I'm still using an old kitchen oven to powder coat. The big oven is about 70" tall x 44" wide x 32" deep outside dimensions. So in a little 14 X 32 garage that takes up a chunk. Then theres welding cart, mill, drill press and metal brake then factor in the mass of car/motorcycle parts laying around .. this creates a 3' path down the middle. The carport has my Mustang (engine out) and 3 bikes on it. I cant use the carport either..... it's time for a massive cleaning!!
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #51111
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Get your jeeps in for YJ of the month!!!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #51112
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Get your jeeps in for YJ of the month!!!
I always get giddy about the contest.
It's a high point in my month checking out all the awesome rigs!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #51113
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm probably not entering it this month Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #51114
HaskiE
Thread Reviver

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
Did a little inspection on my replacement d30. pulled rotors for turning. seems to be missing a bolt that holds hub onto knuckle. Is this the right one here?
Pic for reference, not mine

JUNKYARD!!!!!

the guy will probably laugh at you when you come back in the office and ask to pay for one bolt.
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #51115
NH2112
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeYJ
Yea .. as in gone. I've been cranking wrenches since I was 16 dad and I building my old 440 '74 Charger, I'm 43 now and have built many cars and bikes. I've only had this Jeep since mid summer and it's been seriously abused by the PO. The weak links are still showing up. The thing was a POS that needed badly saving. I changed the antifreeze in it right after I rebuilt the brakes, welded an exhaust under it and a grocery list of other things to make it road worthy. But, yes .. I did reuse the old cap (dumb move) but at least it took about 7 months to come off ... lol. I put a vented one back on it and it locked in tight. It needs a new radiator eventually, it doesnt leak but is seriously nasty inside the core. Who knows .. just one of those things. I've seen radiators blow and split, I've seen hoses blow ... a radiator cap just come off for no obvious reason was just a new one, thats all. I'm not sweatin it, I got to work fine, only lost about a gallon so the engine is covered in antifreeze. Advanced auto is a short walk from the campus. Went and got the cap and antifreeze put it all in/on. Went riding around at lunch. The world is still all good! LOL
Sorry, I just ***/u/med from your post and didn't mean to come across like I was talking down to you. It's just that I DO have to explain in very simple terms to many if not most of the people I deal with, and it's hard to get out of lecture mode sometime.

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #51116
TennesseeYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2112 View Post
Sorry, I just ***/u/med from your post and didn't mean to come across like I was talking down to you. It's just that I DO have to explain in very simple terms to many if not most of the people I deal with, and it's hard to get out of lecture mode sometime.
Aww .. no .. its cool. I do the same thing myself a lot. Im PC\Network tech support at a college in Nashville. I often catch myself simplifing PC jargon to tech savvy people while in coversations. I also help the instructors with "Career Development" training with students. Sometimes it's hard to step outside that mentality. We cool !!
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #51117
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Took my rear bumper off to drop it off at my friends shop where he'll use it for mock up on my new aluminum bumper

Threw the bumper in the back and when I went around a corner it slid and put a nice dent in the tub lol

Looks weird without something back there
cccgosms_2013-11-1905-02-13.jpg  
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #51118
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got home last night to find out that the hardware I bough from ruffstuff doesn't match the wj tres I bought. Guess I'm doing 1 ton steering now.
Steve707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #51119
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

well finally got to drive the jeep after putting the boomerang shackles on. They are 1" lift shackles. They look good but when installing the shackles i took the sway bar off. I don't know if i like the way this thing drives now. The sway bar rally helped. Might have to put it back on
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #51120
beakerbload
1987 YJ Wrangler 

put this on my yj today. Added 40 more TP (Tauntaun Power)
beakerbload is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.