What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3386 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #50776
disposablehero
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Finally took the trac bars off. Already better. Next is the sway bar. Been a productive couple of days.

12 Sonata hybrid hippie car, MPG all day.
06 sierra 2500hd 6.6. On the way to running 11's.
disposablehero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #50777
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

never heard of MMO in the intake but I can tell you seafoam works great for that also!
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #50778
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So why don't any YJ/TJ flat fenders look like this (excluding cloaks)

Since I got a new welder, I'm flirting with the idea of making some flatties, but I honestly don't like the look of a totally flat fender. Is there a reason I'm not thinking of that nobody makes them with the tapered "turn down" in the front by the grill? I keep staring at the front fenders on my YJ and don't know why you couldn't do that? It would look so much better IMO and really wouldn't mess up clearance at all.

Thoughts /f12, thoughts please.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #50779
njboomer
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I changed my interior from tan to black and today I replaced all my guage bulbs to white LED's, wired my relay/fuse board in and did white led strips for interior lighting...
njboomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #50780
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njboomer View Post
Your wiring job^^^^
Well done!

My wiring jobs ok I'm not that bad :O
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #50781
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

Since I got a new welder, I'm flirting with the idea of making some flatties, but I honestly don't like the look of a totally flat fender. Is there a reason I'm not thinking of that nobody makes them with the tapered "turn down" in the front by the grill? I keep staring at the front fenders on my YJ and don't know why you couldn't do that? It would look so much better IMO and really wouldn't mess up clearance at all.

Cheers
Im not big on those flatties either. Don't see a great reason for them to all be like that either, short of stretched front.
Google image search came up with nothing but cloaks and flatties. I'd rather just chop my stocks like that guy from costa rica on here a few hundred pages back :P
I say you get on the prototypes!
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #50782
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cheers
Theres a guy in my club that is planning to do the exact same thing when he starts his CJ build. Ill let you know how they come out
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #50783
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
How did you get under my dash

Removed the rear seat today -- half the bolts were missing

I went for a drive - then checked the battery -- 13.5V with my Fluke meter -- then woke up the squirrel's -- gauge shows 15.5 -- 16 volts ---- then checked it with the meter -while it was idling - 14.5V ?

Before I pull the dash - yet again ---- is the factory amp gauge adjustable ?

Anyone
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #50784
njboomer
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
Your wiring job^^^^
Well done!

My wiring jobs ok I'm not that bad :O
thanks! lol it's what i do for a living... but usually i never have the time to do things on my own car the way i want... this time it's not my daily driver so i have all the time in the world
njboomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #50785
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

HOLY STRETCHABLE U BOLTS

Repaired the jeep today, after my loose driver side u bolts and sheared center pin allowed the axle to slide forward 8". : And the leaf pack was all which way.

All my u bolts are new last year after I did u bolt flips on both axles, during a frame swap. I luckily had a set of ubolts on the shelf, and picked up some grade 8 internal hex cap screws for center pins. I've read that most pins are poor grade steel... I was also able to reuse the leaf pack , No obvious issues after inspection...

Because I have shims up front for better caster angle, the heads where too short to be effective center pins (same w commercially bought pins), so I extended them w some grade 8 hex heads... and made a few spares..

I also went around and checked all the other U bolts, Passenger side I had tacked welded the nuts in place but was able to break the weld and suck up another 1/8 to 3/16 inch, and both rears where not even close to torque specs... ARGH.

I had re-torqued all the U bolts after my rebuild last year about 30 days, but guess it didn't get enough road time to really stretch / settle.

Lesson learned!
center-pin1.jpg   center-pin2.jpg   center-pin3.jpg  
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #50786
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICEKILA View Post
How did you get under my dash

Removed the rear seat today -- half the bolts were missing

I went for a drive - then checked the battery -- 13.5V with my Fluke meter -- then woke up the squirrel's -- gauge shows 15.5 -- 16 volts ---- then checked it with the meter -while it was idling - 14.5V ?

Before I pull the dash - yet again ---- is the factory amp gauge adjustable ?

Anyone
No it is not adjustable on 91and above if I am not mistaken. I do know without a doubt our 95's are not adjustable.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #50787
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Cheers
All I can say is make two sets and send me one. I like the idea of not totally flat flat fenders.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #50788
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cheers
I been thinking exactly that, the way I cut my stock fenders. Don't think it would be a hard transition.

forumrunnerimage.jpg

love my jeep
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #50789
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cheers
Well lets get to it! Ill come over and we'll start bending and cutting!

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #50790
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
You should get these.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/WBHGR.html

I don't know why the pics are so small. It must be a JF thing.
I was looking at them. I just don't want to wait a week for them to get here.
snail81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.