What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3357 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Reply
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #50341
larrymo
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICEKILA View Post
I went to my local 7/11 this morning for coffee and a loseing lotto ticket and went off-roading across the street --


Did you ever make it over that massive hill?

larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #50342
Target92
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
That's my plan too! Haha. Except I'm lazy and don't have the money to do it right now. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Are you going gray or the sand color?
I have a gallon of the Sand Beige sitting in my garage right now, I am only waiting to finish sanding up everything and then I get to repaint, since I have the Sahara I have the right interior, I replaced the fogs that PO ripped off after his unreported accident, I have the License Plate, and my light bar is in the process off getting fabricated right now. I want to say I have only about $500 on JP stuff.
Target92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #50343
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target92
I have a gallon of the Sand Beige sitting in my garage right now, I am only waiting to finish sanding up everything and then I get to repaint, since I have the Sahara I have the right interior, I replaced the fogs that PO ripped off after his unreported accident, I have the License Plate, and my light bar is in the process off getting fabricated right now. I want to say I have only about $500 on JP stuff.
That's great man. I like the gray better lol. Even if it is wrong. I thought about a light bar, but i want a roof rack so I may as well use that to mount the lights. Who cares if it's not movie accurate, right? Lol.

Jurassicjeep.com
And jurassicparkjeep.com has a lot of information
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #50344
Target92
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
That's great man. I like the gray better lol. Even if it is wrong. I thought about a light bar, but i want a roof rack so I may as well use that to mount the lights. Who cares if it's not movie accurate, right? Lol.

Jurassicjeep.com
And jurassicparkjeep.com has a lot of information
It depends on what you plan to do, if you go for a non-canon number though, you have a little leeway, like how I will be having a hard-top on during winter and summer (because AZ has such nice weather those months) so I am going with non-canon 42. As for my light bar, I enjoy just the bare look so I will not be mounting any lights on it.
Target92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #50345
1tuffchevy
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: middletown, CT
Posts: 57
i had to do my wheel bearings here at college today, and while i had the diff cover off i wanted to verify my axle ratio and all the number i could really find that made any sense to being my ratio were 43 - 14 and by doing the math that comes to 3.07:1 is this correct?
1tuffchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #50346
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels
 
The_Goob's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Walcott, IA
Posts: 2,312
Sounds right to me, 43 ring teeth 14 pinion. thats what im stuck with too.
__________________
-- Hell on Wheels -- My YJ Build Thread
-April '14 YJOTM-
The_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #50347
1tuffchevy
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: middletown, CT
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
Sounds right to me, 43 ring teeth 14 pinion. thats what im stuck with too.
ok thanks for verifying!
1tuffchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #50348
RICEKILA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Swindel-hurst, NY
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymo View Post
Did you ever make it over that massive hill?
The squirrels are still mildly miffed but a little asthmatic - but they give their all
__________________
I was once a tree house.
I lived in a cake.
But I never saw the way - the orange slayed the rake --
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #50349
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target92 View Post

It depends on what you plan to do, if you go for a non-canon number though, you have a little leeway, like how I will be having a hard-top on during winter and summer (because AZ has such nice weather those months) so I am going with non-canon 42. As for my light bar, I enjoy just the bare look so I will not be mounting any lights on it.
Yeah, I was plannimg on going with a non movie number. In the end, I hope it to be something that would fit into the movie, but not like the stock gassers they relied on to traverse an island.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #50350
Target92
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 54
Yeah have to say scumbag Hammond, "we spared no expense", purchased 4 banger Jeeps.
Target92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #50351
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Ordered a new windshield wiper intermittent delay module doomahicky thingamabob whatchamacallit gizmo.
I'm hoping my problem is that, and not the switch inside the column.
Wiper stays on in all positions, medium speed, has no other speeds no matter what position the switch is in, but stops when above mentioned module is disconnected.
I have another column but getting to the switch is a PIA.
Above mentioned doomahicky arrived in the mail today. Quick three minute install and the wipers are back to normal.
I loves me an easy fix.
I'muna drive my Jeep topless/doorless this weekend!!
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #50352
predat
ASU Machine Shop Manager
 
predat's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 895
haven't done much with her lately, spotted a booboo on the tranny, it's not mounting properly, bout a 1/4" gap on top of the gasket flange, explained how a caliche rock got in there. Got it tightened up now.

On a side note, almost done with the skeleton of this beauty
__________________
▀||||▀ Angelo State University - Double Major: Math/Physics
Focus: R+D for Macrostructure/Bio-Tech Engineering for Stress Testing
predat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #50353
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 6,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by predat View Post
haven't done much with her lately, spotted a booboo on the tranny, it's not mounting properly, bout a 1/4" gap on top of the gasket flange, explained how a caliche rock got in there. Got it tightened up now.

On a side note, almost done with the skeleton of this beauty
Nice! A lot better quality than the crap on the net!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #50354
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by predat View Post
haven't done much with her lately, spotted a booboo on the tranny, it's not mounting properly, bout a 1/4" gap on top of the gasket flange, explained how a caliche rock got in there. Got it tightened up now.

On a side note, almost done with the skeleton of this beauty
Very cool so far. How are you finishing it off? You must be covering it in something thick to cover all those pen marks!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #50355
predat
ASU Machine Shop Manager
 
predat's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Very cool so far. How are you finishing it off? You must be covering it in something thick to cover all those pen marks!

Cheers
Thinking of a vinyl wrap actually, and a waterproofing seal for the whole setup. The finishing touches after that will come to me as it comes along.

One thing I am thinking about now is the mounting frame on the bottom, I have some slotted angle I can make use of for that, gonna have to get dip measurements from the shifter cowl down the spine of the tub.
__________________
▀||||▀ Angelo State University - Double Major: Math/Physics
Focus: R+D for Macrostructure/Bio-Tech Engineering for Stress Testing
predat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.