What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3270 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #49036
kylebeau
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca
This is a very basic code. Having the ability to structure sentences to use the necessary first word is all the skill involved. I have used this type I code on forums in the past as an inside joke to people in the know. Some people see it without even trying. While others miss it completely. A signal word like xylophone or something less obvious like mentioning a pets name is used somewhere in text to let readers that are in on the code know to read the first letters. So, in reality, you just new to think about the first word and have something to say. Every time I get a group on a forum to start using it, someone spills the beans and it's kinda not fun anymore. A more serious code would be too difficult to implement in digital format without coordinated training. Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to playing with this basic code some more. You should try it sometime. PS: xylophone Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
Maybe you're just too good

kylebeau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #49037
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post

This is a very basic code. Having the ability to structure sentences to use the necessary first word is all the skill involved. I have used this type I code on forums in the past as an inside joke to people in the know. Some people see it without even trying. While others miss it completely. A signal word like xylophone or something less obvious like mentioning a pets name is used somewhere in text to let readers that are in on the code know to read the first letters. So, in reality, you just new to think about the first word and have something to say. Every time I get a group on a forum to start using it, someone spills the beans and it's kinda not fun anymore. A more serious code would be too difficult to implement in digital format without coordinated training. Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to playing with this basic code some more. You should try it sometime.

PS: xylophone

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
This was easy

love my jeep
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #49038
SGTMcNasty
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
This is a very basic code. Having the ability to structure sentences to use the necessary first word is all the skill involved. I have used this type I code on forums in the past as an inside joke to people in the know. Some people see it without even trying. While others miss it completely. A signal word like xylophone or something less obvious like mentioning a pets name is used somewhere in text to let readers that are in on the code know to read the first letters. So, in reality, you just new to think about the first word and have something to say. Every time I get a group on a forum to start using it, someone spills the beans and it's kinda not fun anymore. A more serious code would be too difficult to implement in digital format without coordinated training. Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to playing with this basic code some more. You should try it sometime.

PS: xylophone

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
It does take some time to figure out. Think about it a little bit and it pops right out. I do believe that the hardest part would be structuring the sentences. Supposing one has the time to come up with new and interesting things to say. Eventually though it has to get easier, with practice. Assuming a person has the time to waste on such frivolities. Since you use a key word like xylophone, there would have to be a clever way to conceal it. Yes, I could see how one would have troubles with it.

[/COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club - JF132RV[/COLOR]
SGTMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #49039
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have to say its an interesting way to code. Lucca must be a very smart person. It would be fun to try. Kind of a / f12 type secret. Even though it is a challenge to use. I believe most yj guys could do it. To each his own though. p.s. cool code word here.

love my jeep
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #49040
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I still dont get the xylophone one... Lol
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #49041
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie
I still dont get the xylophone one... Lol
read the capital letters.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #49042
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

How come everyone knew about this code but me? Oh well may I am oblivious to everything going on . Well that's that's ! Does anyone know a header that fits the offenhauser intake on the 4.2 ? I can't seem to find any that do . Does offenhauser make headers ? I guess I'll just have to search more . Maybe I should scrap that idea all together . I don't know what I want to do with this engine anymore . Silly me I should look on Clifford performances website I forgot about them . Sheesh their headers are pricy ! There goes my kids college fund. He will just have to save on his own . I had to save for my own schooling . So should he it'll teach him responsibility.
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #49043
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
How come everyone knew about this code but me? Oh well may I am oblivious to everything going on . Well that's that's ! Does anyone know a header that fits the offenhauser intake on the 4.2 ? I can't seem to find any that do . Does offenhauser make headers ? I guess I'll just have to search more . Maybe I should scrap that idea all together . I don't know what I want to do with this engine anymore . Silly me I should look on Clifford performances website I forgot about them . Sheesh their headers are pricy ! There goes my kids college fund. He will just have to save on his own . I had to save for my own schooling . So should he it'll teach him responsibility.
i have no idea seemed pretty clear to me.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #49044
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Omg so much win on the last few pages! Luuca you're so awesome. Tom, way to catch on haha.

I still have a few /f12 stickers left from this run PM me your name and address if you want a set. I have black and white left so please specify which you would like.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #49045
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
I'll be the party pooper. Sparrows is making them but he sells the for 100$ a pop. Totally worth it in my opinion. Every morning the stickers seem to attract at least 4 hot women to my Jeep.... :-)
Hahahaha
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #49046
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed the HP as required.....thanks Sparrow

Perfect!

image-475291183.jpg

image-493571118.jpg
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #49047
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post

Perfect!
that's cheating!

Awesome spot man!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #49048
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
that's cheating! Awesome spot man!
I don't cheat....I simply make sure I win
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #49049
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post

Perfect!
]
hmm if they add hp maybe i shouldn't put it on mine... im getting tired of breaking ****
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #49050
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Installed new rocker armor

And a new antenna for the stereo that rarely gets used. I have the iPod connection but whatever. My previous antenna was broken and looked like crap. Easy $8 fix

SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.