What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3194 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #47896
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
It's been a while, here is a picture of my YJ's the green one is basically still the same (except some battle wounds ) as I have been putting the $$$ and time into the black one lately

New bumper and winch (wench for those who know it as one of them ), a few Illumination LEDS lights, 32 MT/R's, 2 1/2" springs, shocks, Smittybilt sliders, rocker guards, corner armor, sound bar, spiderwebshade, paracord grab handles, (I am sure there is more but hell I can't keep track of everything)

... then yesterday I fixed 3 leaks (power steering, valve cover and crank seal) ... getting her looking good and ready to do some work... still have to put the Detroit in the rear and make sure it's not marking it's territory anymore
Ok I could be mistaken, but wasn't the black one suppose to remain a stock DD? Jeepism, maybe we can create a religion to get large tax-free gifts for upgrades. Or Jeepism, we could get it classified as a mental illness to collect parts disability? There has to be some help out there somewhere.

love my jeep

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #47897
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyj

LMAO, That use to be my favorite thing to say until.......I got a redheaded stepchild.

Now if I say that, he tells me " beat me if ya want, but you better sleep light" freaking crazy kids.

love my jeep
My youngest is a red head to!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #47898
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark
It's been a while, here is a picture of my YJ's the green one is basically still the same (except some battle wounds ) as I have been putting the $$$ and time into the black one lately

New bumper and winch (wench for those who know it as one of them ), a few Illumination LEDS lights, 32 MT/R's, 2 1/2" springs, shocks, Smittybilt sliders, rocker guards, corner armor, sound bar, spiderwebshade, paracord grab handles, (I am sure there is more but hell I can't keep track of everything)

... then yesterday I fixed 3 leaks (power steering, valve cover and crank seal) ... getting her looking good and ready to do some work... still have to put the Detroit in the rear and make sure it's not marking it's territory anymore
Maaaarrrkkkk!!! It's been awhile!

Jeep looks good.. I agree with juicy wasn't it supposed to e stock? ... I think it's just the force of the jeep habits

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #47899
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post

Lookin good mark, I was just talking about you the other day.

Haha and guys, he calls it the stock jeep so he can get away with not wheeling it. He still wants it to look cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #47900
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, well it is still stock ... the drive train is the original 2.5, AX5, NP231, D30, D35, with 4.10's and stock driveshafts ... zero drivetrain mods therefore just like from my hotrod days this is still 100% stock

It's my thought process Can't I think like this ????

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #47901
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok, well it is still stock ... the drive train is the original 2.5, AX5, NP231, D30, D35, with 4.10's and stock driveshafts ... zero drivetrain mods therefore just like from my hotrod days this is still 100% stock

It's my thought process Can't I think like this ????
Sure you can it's your prerogative, so what've you been up to lately?

Sent from Peggy's office
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #47902
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
we had this discussion last week.... which was 30 pages ago...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/WBHGR.html

get the 3in, they ship with bushings, well worth the 48 bucks for em.
I wouldn't buy those. They look hacked - like someone made them in their garage. They aren't welded on both sides and they aren't fit together right. Looks good for something home-made, but if someone was using a CNC machine to make those... they failed. The welds don't even look that great.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #47903
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome

I wouldn't buy those. They look hacked - like someone made them in their garage. They aren't welded on both sides and they aren't fit together right. Looks good for something home-made, but if someone was using a CNC machine to make those... they failed. The welds don't even look that great.
Wow u really didn't even look at themin the link did u? U weld them together urself...they r offset, sum1 who nos nething about spring mounts would notice this in a second. remind me not to ask for ur help, I would buy this and nething else ruff stuff sells, it's all top notch and stronger than the competitors.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #47904
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Almost as if they knew I was gonna replace them --- no hole drill-in or nut-in --

RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #47905
Shoelessboi
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Rolled the jeep out for the first time in 2 months. Also located a new tub and rust free frame for it.

image-3546637473.jpg
1991 Jeep Yj. 4cyl. 33x13.50x15 TSL Thornbirds, Super Wader Snorkel, 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Uniden Pro520xl Cb, 1000W Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Sub.
Shoelessboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #47906
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Holy LEDs! Lookin good man!
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #47907
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferJ

Holy LEDs! Lookin good man!
UFO Reports in Florida have increased 80% since he installed his 8+LEDS.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #47908
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyj

LMAO, That use to be my favorite thing to say until.......I got a redheaded stepchild.

Now if I say that, he tells me " beat me if ya want, but you better sleep light" freaking crazy kids.

love my jeep
I'm partially ginger too (more of a dark auburn) and I have a stepfather also. I still laugh at the irony.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #47909
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19

Wow u really didn't even look at themin the link did u? U weld them together urself...they r offset, sum1 who nos nething about spring mounts would notice this in a second. remind me not to ask for ur help, I would buy this and nething else ruff stuff sells, it's all top notch and stronger than the competitors.
I agree, I have them and they are top notche!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #47910
amerdt4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pulled the front trackbar flexed a bit to measure where to gain more travel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.