What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3146 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #47176
Grudge-F
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mount Wolf, PA
Posts: 17
I measured, cut, and welded my new tube fenders from trail tubes .com today. I would put in a pic but that's way beyond my skills! Also prepped the underside of the tub for bed liner.

Grudge-F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #47177
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge-F View Post
I measured, cut, and welded my new tube fenders from trail tubes .com today. I would put in a pic but that's way beyond my skills! Also prepped the underside of the tub for bed liner.
How did it go? I was looking at those myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
What you see as not bad, and what I see as not bad, are two completely different not bads
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #47178
snail81
Member
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: jackson, ms
Posts: 318
raptor lined my new to me hardtop
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #47179
Shoelessboi
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KALAMAZOO, MI
Posts: 1,181
Started putting my new dash in. Came across 3 wires I'm not sure where they go? I have my steering column all hooked up. So it's not them. Any help?

image-1377494147.jpg



image-1023925390.jpg



image-3460000854.jpg
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
:The fact you even asked this question makes me want to punch myself in the face.
1991 Jeep Yj. 4cyl. 33x13.50x15 TSL Thornbirds, Super Wader Snorkel, 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Uniden Pro520xl Cb, 1000W Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Sub.
Shoelessboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #47180
juicyj
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post

How did it go? I was looking at those myself.
I made rears myself but I'm gonna order the fronts fronts from trail tubes.

imag0427.jpg



imag0428.jpg

love my jeep
__________________
Don't wait on the storm to pass, learn to wheel in the rain.
juicyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #47181
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 1,548
Looks good, Juicy. Take some pics when you do the fronts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
What you see as not bad, and what I see as not bad, are two completely different not bads
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #47182
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
I've read that there is no hi/lo with those and poor projection? I'm definitely curious to see how those work out for you!
From my short work with them tonight, they're much better than the HIDs, IMHO.

They are high and low beam, and projection is more based on the reflectors in the housing themselves. I will be redesigning my eBay special housings.

Here are the low beam:
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #47183
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
Ripped out my HIDs (yes I did just install those) to replace them with my newest project... Yeah, I'm excited about these.

I will likely be pulling apart a set of h4 conversion housings and doing so work on optics.
What exactly are you going to school for?

Edit: you should get one of those wheel tape measures so you can accurately give distance for all your lights.
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #47184
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
What exactly are you going to school for?

Edit: you should get one of those wheel tape measures so you can accurately give distance for all your lights.
Major in Ministry, and minor in Business

I haven't thought to measure distance but I may set up a staging so we can do measure the usable light.
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #47185
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

Major in Ministry, and minor in Business

I haven't thought to measure distance but I may set up a staging so we can do measure the usable light.
That's a good combo. I would've guessed electrical engineering. Haha


When I look at lights and read threads about different brands and models, I am still left in the dark in regards of how far lights throw useable light. I'd be more inclined to buy from a company who takes the extra time to spell it out for their customers. So I'd definitely be looking at those results
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #47186
Gage56
Web Wheeler
 
Gage56's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northumberland, PA
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
From my short work with them tonight, they're much better than the HIDs, IMHO.

They are high and low beam, and projection is more based on the reflectors in the housing themselves. I will be redesigning my eBay special housings.

Here are the low beam:




Nice work , i also got a cheap ebay set of h4 housings but i have a set of Bi-zenon projectors that ill be putting in them
__________________
1992 YJ
2004 Bmw 330XI

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=


Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #47187
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamzJeep View Post
Attachment 654605

Finally got my 8.8 with 4.10's and SYE installed. Also had my Dana 30 regeared to 4.10's and put an XJ axle shaft in (no more CAD). I used an XJ front drive shaft for my rear shaft (had it shortened and balanced). I sill have to get the E-brake hooked up. I had Arizona Differential do all the work since I was too busy installing a TC in our Z71 this weekend. Runs a lot better now....
That pic is like Jeep PORN

Juicy what did you use on your rear fenders typ of Tube & Bender
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #47188
skyj
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 2,973
Happy to report got the jeep back up and running after its little carb rebuild/vacuum leak. Runs better now and more throttle response than before. here she is idling in the driveway while i clean up the mess in the garage.
__________________
build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #47189
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
That's a good combo. I would've guessed electrical engineering. Haha


When I look at lights and read threads about different brands and models, I am still left in the dark in regards of how far lights throw useable light. I'd be more inclined to buy from a company who takes the extra time to spell it out for their customers. So I'd definitely be looking at those results
"Usable light" is they key to what you're asking... With any light, there is a major glow that does no good for seeing as well as a hot spot which is great to raise lumen counts, but not for seeing what's in front of you.

I don't have the patients to be an electrical engineer haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post


Nice work , i also got a cheap ebay set of h4 housings but i have a set of Bi-zenon projectors that ill be putting in them
If you find a solid projector, then that's a good way to go, I'll be ditching the projector as it does nothing with these style lights.
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #47190
joeyk803c
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Spring Valley, Ca
Posts: 1,370
Where did you get the bulbs from? I'm interested in doing that on my TJ. My "upgraded" Silverstar headlights are still crap when it comes to light output and unfortunately, I can't run my LED bar while driving. :P
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.