What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3102 - JeepForum.com

 1889Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46516 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 AM
disposablehero
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: amarillo
Posts: 120
My luk engages almost right off the floor. Seems too dang close. My master is leaking a little on the floor mat so this may be part of the cause. Bad master.


89yj- just getting started.
07.5 ram 2500 6.7 cummins. 13.6@98.6 1/4 on 35" nittos. Sold and sad about it
07 triumph speed triple 1050cc. Roulette Green monster
12 Sonata hybrid hippie car, MPG all day.
06 sierra 2500hd 6.6. On the way to running 11's.
disposablehero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #46517 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 10:39 AM
WidowYj91
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibsonville NC
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero View Post
My luk engages almost right off the floor. Seems too dang close. My master is leaking a little on the floor mat so this may be part of the cause. Bad master.
From my experience a bad master makes it release all over the place. Its not consistent and u have to pump it up if u hold it down for a while.

'91 YJ,2.5L, 5spd, 1.25" BL, O.M.E 36r springs, 32x11.50 km2's,
WidowYj91 is offline  
post #46518 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
atldude
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 339
Changed my headlights with a pair of sylvania silverstars.

Brighter and whiter, guess we'll see how long they last..
atldude is offline  
post #46519 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 PM
larrymo
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DFW
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by atldude View Post
Changed my headlights with a pair of sylvania silverstars.

Brighter and whiter, guess we'll see how long they last..
I did the same on my '95. Seems brighter.

Any suggestions on how to align the beams? I know how to do it, just not sure about the method for setting the best height...left...right angle, etc. to best get the beam out there on the street...without blinding on-comers.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larrymo is offline  
post #46520 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM
atldude
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 339
Good question. Don't know was gonna see if anyone flicks their brights at me lol. I think there is something to this effect in the repair manual..

From svc man:

ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION
(1) Position vehicle on a level surface perpendicu- lar to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from front of headlamp lens (Fig. 1).
(2) If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from and parallel to the wall.
(3) Measure from the floor up 1.27 meters (5 ft) and tape a line on the wall at the centerline of the vehicle. Sight along the centerline of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line placement.
(4) Rock vehicle side-to-side three times to allow suspension to stabilize.
(5) Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
(6) Measure the distance from the center of head- lamp lens to the floor. Transfer measurement to the alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/ down adjustment reference.
(7) Measure distance from the centerline of the ve- hicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle centerline. Use these lines for left/ right adjustment reference.
ADJUSTMENT
(1) Remove screws and both headlamp bezels.
(2) Clean front of the headlamps.
(3) Place headlamps on LOW beam.
(4) Cover front of the headlamp that is not being
adjusted.
(5) Turn vertical adjustment screw (Fig. 2) until
the headlamp beam pattern on screen/wall is similar to the pattern depicted in Figure 1.
When using a headlamp aiming screen:
• Adjust the headlamps so that the beam horizontal position is at 0.
• Adjust the beam vertical position is 25 mm (1 in) downward from the lamp horizontal centerline.
(6) Rotate the horizontal adjustment screw until the headlamp beam pattern on the aiming screen/ wall similar to the pattern in Figure 1.
(7) Cover front of the headlamp that has been ad- justed and adjust the other headlamp beam as in- structed above.
(8) Install headlamp bezels. Tighten the screws se- curely.
atldude is offline  
post #46521 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Shadownwpa
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sharon
Posts: 1,561
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymo View Post
I did the same on my '95. Seems brighter.

Any suggestions on how to align the beams? I know how to do it, just not sure about the method for setting the best height...left...right angle, etc. to best get the beam out there on the street...without blinding on-comers.
Find a level lane with ditches, lines, or some way you can determine whats your lane and whats not that you can park in for a couple minutes at night... center them on your lane, level them so the road is lit up as far out as possible but lower than where the light is starting to lessen on the road as you move upward. Its simple and takes 5 minutes.
Shadownwpa is online now  
post #46522 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
AmmitOsiris
Web Wheeler
 
AmmitOsiris's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 3,846
Well here is my jeep carnage from the driveshaft...

AmmitOsiris is offline  
post #46523 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Methinks it was caused by a burnout.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #46524 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 03:24 PM
AmmitOsiris
Web Wheeler
 
AmmitOsiris's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 3,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Methinks it was caused by a burnout.
Yeah because 33s and 3.08's can totally do burnouts on pavement
AmmitOsiris is offline  
post #46525 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
juicyj
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winston Salem
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post

Yeah because 33s and 3.08's can totally do burnouts on pavement
Mine can, I got 33s and low gears.

love my jeep

Don't wait on the storm to pass, learn to wheel in the rain.
juicyj is offline  
post #46526 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM
larrymo
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DFW
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by atldude View Post
Good question. Don't know was gonna see if anyone flicks their brights at me lol. I think there is something to this effect in the repair manual..

From svc man:

ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION
(1) Position vehicle on a level surface perpendicu- lar to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from front of headlamp lens (Fig. 1).
(2) If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from and parallel to the wall.
(3) Measure from the floor up 1.27 meters (5 ft) and tape a line on the wall at the centerline of the vehicle. Sight along the centerline of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line placement.
(4) Rock vehicle side-to-side three times to allow suspension to stabilize.
(5) Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
(6) Measure the distance from the center of head- lamp lens to the floor. Transfer measurement to the alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/ down adjustment reference.
(7) Measure distance from the centerline of the ve- hicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle centerline. Use these lines for left/ right adjustment reference.
ADJUSTMENT
(1) Remove screws and both headlamp bezels.
(2) Clean front of the headlamps.
(3) Place headlamps on LOW beam.
(4) Cover front of the headlamp that is not being
adjusted.
(5) Turn vertical adjustment screw (Fig. 2) until
the headlamp beam pattern on screen/wall is similar to the pattern depicted in Figure 1.
When using a headlamp aiming screen:
• Adjust the headlamps so that the beam horizontal position is at 0.
• Adjust the beam vertical position is 25 mm (1 in) downward from the lamp horizontal centerline.
(6) Rotate the horizontal adjustment screw until the headlamp beam pattern on the aiming screen/ wall similar to the pattern in Figure 1.
(7) Cover front of the headlamp that has been ad- justed and adjust the other headlamp beam as in- structed above.
(8) Install headlamp bezels. Tighten the screws se- curely.
Thanks atldude...I'll give this a try. Shadownwpa...Will finalize using your idea.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
larrymo is offline  
post #46527 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
superj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: corpus christi
Posts: 7,057
Passed the safety inspection on the first try.

I don't feel like working on anything at this time so i sold my yj.
superj is offline  
post #46528 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
I'm almost certain my hand will be moving in a sanding motion in my sleep...

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #46529 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Michaelgoesrawr
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pinion Hills
Posts: 8,646
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
I'm almost certain my hand will be moving in a sanding motion in my sleep...
So that's what they call it these days?

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline  
post #46530 of 72055 Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,152
Ahh, deserved that.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 4 guests)
Shadownwpa , ThatGuyCollin
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 39 08-14-2016 05:08 PM
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 07:12 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 01:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 04:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 08:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome