What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #46516
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ

... Ujoint strap that keeps it on the yoke? I'm not sure how to fully interpret that haha

Also, I just took it for a Spin and mall crawled a couple smaller boulders and I basically idled over them with just a tap of the gas and its now practically impossible to stall with the inertia ring. It just keeps creepin at full stop. New clutch feels so light it's kinda weird and engages about 1/4 the way off the floor, this normal for the LUK clutch?

- side note, I filled up the trans with synth 10w30 and omg its like warm butter. I've used synchromesh and regular 10w30 and this is by far the best fluid I've used in the ax5
Yes I joint strap bolt

AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #46517
disposablehero
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My luk engages almost right off the floor. Seems too dang close. My master is leaking a little on the floor mat so this may be part of the cause. Bad master.
12 Sonata hybrid hippie car, MPG all day.
06 sierra 2500hd 6.6. On the way to running 11's.
disposablehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #46518
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero View Post
My luk engages almost right off the floor. Seems too dang close. My master is leaking a little on the floor mat so this may be part of the cause. Bad master.
From my experience a bad master makes it release all over the place. Its not consistent and u have to pump it up if u hold it down for a while.
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #46519
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Changed my headlights with a pair of sylvania silverstars.

Brighter and whiter, guess we'll see how long they last..
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #46520
larrymo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atldude View Post
Changed my headlights with a pair of sylvania silverstars.

Brighter and whiter, guess we'll see how long they last..
I did the same on my '95. Seems brighter.

Any suggestions on how to align the beams? I know how to do it, just not sure about the method for setting the best height...left...right angle, etc. to best get the beam out there on the street...without blinding on-comers.
larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #46521
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good question. Don't know was gonna see if anyone flicks their brights at me lol. I think there is something to this effect in the repair manual..

From svc man:

ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION
(1) Position vehicle on a level surface perpendicu- lar to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from front of headlamp lens (Fig. 1).
(2) If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from and parallel to the wall.
(3) Measure from the floor up 1.27 meters (5 ft) and tape a line on the wall at the centerline of the vehicle. Sight along the centerline of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line placement.
(4) Rock vehicle side-to-side three times to allow suspension to stabilize.
(5) Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
(6) Measure the distance from the center of head- lamp lens to the floor. Transfer measurement to the alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/ down adjustment reference.
(7) Measure distance from the centerline of the ve- hicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle centerline. Use these lines for left/ right adjustment reference.
ADJUSTMENT
(1) Remove screws and both headlamp bezels.
(2) Clean front of the headlamps.
(3) Place headlamps on LOW beam.
(4) Cover front of the headlamp that is not being
adjusted.
(5) Turn vertical adjustment screw (Fig. 2) until
the headlamp beam pattern on screen/wall is similar to the pattern depicted in Figure 1.
When using a headlamp aiming screen:
• Adjust the headlamps so that the beam horizontal position is at 0.
• Adjust the beam vertical position is 25 mm (1 in) downward from the lamp horizontal centerline.
(6) Rotate the horizontal adjustment screw until the headlamp beam pattern on the aiming screen/ wall similar to the pattern in Figure 1.
(7) Cover front of the headlamp that has been ad- justed and adjust the other headlamp beam as in- structed above.
(8) Install headlamp bezels. Tighten the screws se- curely.
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #46522
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymo View Post
I did the same on my '95. Seems brighter.

Any suggestions on how to align the beams? I know how to do it, just not sure about the method for setting the best height...left...right angle, etc. to best get the beam out there on the street...without blinding on-comers.
Find a level lane with ditches, lines, or some way you can determine whats your lane and whats not that you can park in for a couple minutes at night... center them on your lane, level them so the road is lit up as far out as possible but lower than where the light is starting to lessen on the road as you move upward. Its simple and takes 5 minutes.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #46523
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well here is my jeep carnage from the driveshaft...

Unread 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #46524
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Methinks it was caused by a burnout.
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #46525
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Methinks it was caused by a burnout.
Yeah because 33s and 3.08's can totally do burnouts on pavement
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #46526
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post

Yeah because 33s and 3.08's can totally do burnouts on pavement
Mine can, I got 33s and low gears.

love my jeep
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #46527
larrymo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atldude View Post
Good question. Don't know was gonna see if anyone flicks their brights at me lol. I think there is something to this effect in the repair manual..

From svc man:

ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION
(1) Position vehicle on a level surface perpendicu- lar to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from front of headlamp lens (Fig. 1).
(2) If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft) away from and parallel to the wall.
(3) Measure from the floor up 1.27 meters (5 ft) and tape a line on the wall at the centerline of the vehicle. Sight along the centerline of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line placement.
(4) Rock vehicle side-to-side three times to allow suspension to stabilize.
(5) Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
(6) Measure the distance from the center of head- lamp lens to the floor. Transfer measurement to the alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/ down adjustment reference.
(7) Measure distance from the centerline of the ve- hicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle centerline. Use these lines for left/ right adjustment reference.
ADJUSTMENT
(1) Remove screws and both headlamp bezels.
(2) Clean front of the headlamps.
(3) Place headlamps on LOW beam.
(4) Cover front of the headlamp that is not being
adjusted.
(5) Turn vertical adjustment screw (Fig. 2) until
the headlamp beam pattern on screen/wall is similar to the pattern depicted in Figure 1.
When using a headlamp aiming screen:
• Adjust the headlamps so that the beam horizontal position is at 0.
• Adjust the beam vertical position is 25 mm (1 in) downward from the lamp horizontal centerline.
(6) Rotate the horizontal adjustment screw until the headlamp beam pattern on the aiming screen/ wall similar to the pattern in Figure 1.
(7) Cover front of the headlamp that has been ad- justed and adjust the other headlamp beam as in- structed above.
(8) Install headlamp bezels. Tighten the screws se- curely.
Thanks atldude...I'll give this a try. Shadownwpa...Will finalize using your idea.
larrymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #46528
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Passed the safety inspection on the first try.
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #46529
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm almost certain my hand will be moving in a sanding motion in my sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #46530
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
I'm almost certain my hand will be moving in a sanding motion in my sleep...
So that's what they call it these days?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.