What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3095 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #46411
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post
Long day but made good progress. Cut off the old shock and motor mount brackets, cleaned up frame, clamped on some experimental motor mounts and test fit the LS3. Need to do some research on how far back and how high people are putting these motors and make sure I'm good. Also did the 1" body lift in about 15 minutes, lol..
Holy crap, is that entire engine really being held up by those two clamps?

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #46412
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Holy crap, is that entire engine really being held up by those two clamps?
That's 6 clamps plus it has the tab going into the frame, no way it's moving, what am I, stupid ..
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #46413
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post

That's 6 clamps plus it has the tab going into the frame, no way it's moving, what am I, stupid ..
Haha good! That engine it's way pretty to take a tumble!
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #46414
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI
Long day but made good progress. Cut off the old shock and motor mount brackets, cleaned up frame, clamped on some experimental motor mounts and test fit the LS3. Need to do some research on how far back and how high people are putting these motors and make sure I'm good. Also did the 1" body lift in about 15 minutes, lol..

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #46415
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Haha good! That engine it's way pretty to take a tumble!
Yeah no way would I take a chance if there was any possible way for it to drop, not the way I do things . It's sitting back in the garage on the engine stand all comfy now.
DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #46416
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

How's the inertia ring coming?
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #46417
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

Dead battery and bad alt???
or loose battery cable...

I'd replace the fuel filter and check plugs just as general precautions on a "new to you" vehicle.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #46418
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

might just have to buy some harnesses, gotta do some research! http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/16-...2-redblue.html
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #46419
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
So what would cause a jeep to not start...then start, and drive for 2 miles, and completely cut out? Buddy bought a jeep yesterday, drove perfectly until we got it home.

Couldn't hear the fuel pump charge, so we replaced it. Still no start, and no fuel pump action. Checked the fuses and relay, not the problem.

What's next?
Check all grounds is a good place to start
Can you jump it? If you can then it could be batt/alternator.
Starters seem to go bad to but you said it cut out while driving right? When that happened to me it was coil. $30 and back on the road.
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #46420
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Check all grounds is a good place to start
Can you jump it? If you can then it could be batt/alternator.
Starters seem to go bad to but you said it cut out while driving right? When that happened to me it was coil. $30 and back on the road.
Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

Ignore my ignorance but what is this coil you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #46421
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

It's the little round canister looking thing on the passenger side of the block. It takes 12v and increased the power to send to the spark plugs. One plug wire coming out of it going to the distributor cap.
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #46422
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
might just have to buy some harnesses, gotta do some research! http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/16-...2-redblue.html
I have five points in the rear seats for my kids, four points in the front.
The rear seat ones have 2 inch shoulder and submarine straps, and 3 inch lap strap.
The fronts are 3 inch shoulder and lap.
Don't get the kind with the round catch that you stick all the belts into and twist to release. Those are for street racing/drag cars. The get dust sand and dirt in them off roading and fail. The one in the pic with the hook and loop type is the type you want. Mine also have a red cloth tab that velcros the latch so you can't accidentally release it.
Moreover, reinforce your roll bar in the front. The windshield will not support the Jeep in a roll over and will push the main loop backwards and collapse it.
A vertical bar welded to the spreader bars and down to a bulkhead mount or to the floor and frame tie in should be in every Wrangler.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #46423
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I have five points in the rear seats for my kids, four points in the front.
The rear seat ones have 2 inch shoulder and submarine straps, and 3 inch lap strap.
The fronts are 3 inch shoulder and lap.
Don't get the kind with the round catch that you stick all the belts into and twist to release. Those are for street racing/drag cars. The get dust sand and dirt in them off roading and fail. The one in the pic with the hook and loop type is the type you want. Mine also have a red cloth tab that velcros the latch so you can't accidentally release it.
Moreover, reinforce your roll bar in the front. The windshield will not support the Jeep in a roll over and will push the main loop backwards and collapse it.
A vertical bar welded to the spreader bars and down to a bulkhead mount or to the floor and frame tie in should be in every Wrangler.

thanks! already on the upgrade for the cage, I've got the rockhard front sport cage, and the rock hard rears on order. also replacing the stock spreaders to make the whole cage stronger.
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #46424
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's what sends juice to the distributor for your plugs. Follow the center wire of the distributor and it ends at it. You can check to see if it working with an old spark plug. Pull that center wire of distributor and insert a old plug, try starting....if it sparks then your coil is good. Then you do the same thing to test the distributor but pull a regular spark plug wire off engine( make sure to reconnect center wire)
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #46425
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech

It's what sends juice to the distributor for your plugs. Follow the center wire of the distributor and it ends at it. You can check to see if it working with an old spark plug. Pull that center wire of distributor and insert a old plug, try starting....if it sparks then your coil is good. Then you do the same thing to test the distributor but pull a regular spark plug wire off engine( make sure to reconnect center wire)
I just pm'd my number if you need to call

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.