What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3095 - JeepForum.com
 449Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46411 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM
DLWRUBI
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Union City
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Holy crap, is that entire engine really being held up by those two clamps?
That's 6 clamps plus it has the tab going into the frame, no way it's moving, what am I, stupid ..

DLWRUBI is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #46412 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI View Post

That's 6 clamps plus it has the tab going into the frame, no way it's moving, what am I, stupid ..
Haha good! That engine it's way pretty to take a tumble!
ashland82391 is offline  
post #46413 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWRUBI
Long day but made good progress. Cut off the old shock and motor mount brackets, cleaned up frame, clamped on some experimental motor mounts and test fit the LS3. Need to do some research on how far back and how high people are putting these motors and make sure I'm good. Also did the 1" body lift in about 15 minutes, lol..

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now  
post #46414 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM
DLWRUBI
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Union City
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Haha good! That engine it's way pretty to take a tumble!
Yeah no way would I take a chance if there was any possible way for it to drop, not the way I do things . It's sitting back in the garage on the engine stand all comfy now.
DLWRUBI is offline  
post #46415 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

How's the inertia ring coming?
ashland82391 is offline  
post #46416 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:11 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

Dead battery and bad alt???
or loose battery cable...

I'd replace the fuel filter and check plugs just as general precautions on a "new to you" vehicle.

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now  
post #46417 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Overhead
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sterling
Posts: 1,388
might just have to buy some harnesses, gotta do some research! http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/16-...2-redblue.html
Overhead is offline  
post #46418 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 06:53 AM
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
So what would cause a jeep to not start...then start, and drive for 2 miles, and completely cut out? Buddy bought a jeep yesterday, drove perfectly until we got it home.

Couldn't hear the fuel pump charge, so we replaced it. Still no start, and no fuel pump action. Checked the fuses and relay, not the problem.

What's next?
Check all grounds is a good place to start
Can you jump it? If you can then it could be batt/alternator.
Starters seem to go bad to but you said it cut out while driving right? When that happened to me it was coil. $30 and back on the road.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline  
post #46419 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Check all grounds is a good place to start
Can you jump it? If you can then it could be batt/alternator.
Starters seem to go bad to but you said it cut out while driving right? When that happened to me it was coil. $30 and back on the road.
Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

Ignore my ignorance but what is this coil you speak of?

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #46420 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pinion Hills
Posts: 8,302
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

Ignore my ignorance but what is this coil you speak of?
It's the little round canister looking thing on the passenger side of the block. It takes 12v and increased the power to send to the spark plugs. One plug wire coming out of it going to the distributor cap.

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline  
post #46421 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
might just have to buy some harnesses, gotta do some research! http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/16-...2-redblue.html
I have five points in the rear seats for my kids, four points in the front.
The rear seat ones have 2 inch shoulder and submarine straps, and 3 inch lap strap.
The fronts are 3 inch shoulder and lap.
Don't get the kind with the round catch that you stick all the belts into and twist to release. Those are for street racing/drag cars. The get dust sand and dirt in them off roading and fail. The one in the pic with the hook and loop type is the type you want. Mine also have a red cloth tab that velcros the latch so you can't accidentally release it.
Moreover, reinforce your roll bar in the front. The windshield will not support the Jeep in a roll over and will push the main loop backwards and collapse it.
A vertical bar welded to the spreader bars and down to a bulkhead mount or to the floor and frame tie in should be in every Wrangler.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #46422 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Overhead
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sterling
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I have five points in the rear seats for my kids, four points in the front.
The rear seat ones have 2 inch shoulder and submarine straps, and 3 inch lap strap.
The fronts are 3 inch shoulder and lap.
Don't get the kind with the round catch that you stick all the belts into and twist to release. Those are for street racing/drag cars. The get dust sand and dirt in them off roading and fail. The one in the pic with the hook and loop type is the type you want. Mine also have a red cloth tab that velcros the latch so you can't accidentally release it.
Moreover, reinforce your roll bar in the front. The windshield will not support the Jeep in a roll over and will push the main loop backwards and collapse it.
A vertical bar welded to the spreader bars and down to a bulkhead mount or to the floor and frame tie in should be in every Wrangler.

thanks! already on the upgrade for the cage, I've got the rockhard front sport cage, and the rock hard rears on order. also replacing the stock spreaders to make the whole cage stronger.
Overhead is offline  
post #46423 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

Ignore my ignorance but what is this coil you speak of?
It's what sends juice to the distributor for your plugs. Follow the center wire of the distributor and it ends at it. You can check to see if it working with an old spark plug. Pull that center wire of distributor and insert a old plug, try starting....if it sparks then your coil is good. Then you do the same thing to test the distributor but pull a regular spark plug wire off engine( make sure to reconnect center wire)

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline  
post #46424 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 AM
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech

It's what sends juice to the distributor for your plugs. Follow the center wire of the distributor and it ends at it. You can check to see if it working with an old spark plug. Pull that center wire of distributor and insert a old plug, try starting....if it sparks then your coil is good. Then you do the same thing to test the distributor but pull a regular spark plug wire off engine( make sure to reconnect center wire)
I just pm'd my number if you need to call

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline  
post #46425 of 69822 Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

Cross the battery and alt off the list becuase it won't jump and the nattering has plenty of juice. The starter is doing it's job, I know because I changed mine last week and know what happens when it's not working.

Ignore my ignorance but what is this coil you speak of?
What they are talking about is your ignition coil, get anew one of those check your cap and rotor also
AmmitOsiris is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Unsteady , wayno32m
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome