What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3093 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #46381
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
HOLY WHEEL SPACER!! Lol.
Can we get a pick from the front just for full effect of said spacers?

Probably sent from my couch cause I'm broke
Ill definitely get one when I'm over again. I think we have to put a fuel pump in soon. It wouldn't start for us last night, which is weird because it started perfectly every time and drove 40 miles home perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #46382
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh man, I'm getting so many Pm's about my paint job lol. If everyone that has showed interest in copying it does so, there is going to be a fleet of warbird yjs floating around Haha!

Oh and I finally got around to putting in a new ujoint and reinstalling my rear DS. God I have so much to do......

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #46383
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh and I finally got around to putting in a new ujoint and reinstalling my rear DS. God I have so much to do......

Cheers
LOL Ill trade ya lists of things to do

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #46384
WidowYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh man, I'm getting so many Pm's about my paint job lol. If everyone that has showed interest in copying it does so, there is going to be a fleet of warbird yjs floating around Haha!

Cheers
That could be cool though. A whole formation of warbird yjs comin across a desert would be sick!
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #46385
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Cheers
I'd be interested in a step by step write up about how you did it. As cool as the paint job is, I want to run from some Dino's in mine because I'm scared of heights.
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #46386
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post

LOL Ill trade ya lists of things to do
Only if we trade bank accounts too! And welding skills....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowYj91 View Post

That could be cool though. A whole formation of warbird yjs comin across a desert would be sick!
that actually would be cool Haha! I'm almost wishing I had gone OD green to kick it really old school ha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post

I'd be interested in a step by step write up about how you did it. As cool as the paint job is, I want to run from some Dino's in mine because I'm scared of heights.
I would love a Jurassic Park yj!

OK step by step?
1. Start joking with a friend about how Cool it would be to paint your Jeep like a fighter jet.
2. Just for kicks have a fellow JF member mock it up in Photoshop.
3. 15 minutes after seeing the mock up run to the paint store willy-nilly with no plan what so ever and just buy crap.
4. Get home and crush a 6pack of pbr while you destroy your Jeep in the driveway. Make sure you don't label anything and that you just throw all the parts in a huge pile without any regard for organization.
5. While chain smoking and moving onto your 2nd 6er, hit the whole Jeep with some 180 grit to knock off the clear coat.
6. At about 1am decide to keep plowing onward and slap on a couple coats of paint. This is critical. Make sure you're just tired enough, and just drunk enough to get a ton of drips, sags, bubbles and runs in the paint without noticing.
7. Wake up in the morning to check out the sweet progress. Fight back the tears at the mess you've created. Wet sand with some 220. For what feels like a year. And just when you're sure your elbow is going to give up the ghost and fall from your arm, decided that you really don't mind about the afore mentioned blemishes. I mean it's a Jeep right?
8. Two more coats of pain, about four hours apart. Make sure it's 100*+ out and you are shirtless. You really want your back to burn nice and good during this phase.
9. Next the weather window needs to slam shut. You want it to piss rain for like 5 days straight so you can spend your time just staring at what used to be a yj while deeply regretting the project. When the rain clears and it hits 108* it's again time to go.
9. Wet sand once with 400 then with 600. When the wet, watery, paint dust bakes onto the Jeep, and you spend two hours trying to scrub it off, just decided that more paint will hide it and roll on another two coats.
10. Wake up early on a Friday and wet sand with 600. At this point you should feel numb below the neck and confident that should you decide to go on a murderous rampage, you will not leave fingerprints due to sanding them off during all the hand sanding you've been doing. Two more coats....
11. At about 9pm start painting everything else that has been stripped off the Jeep. Crack a beer confident that you'll have it all back together in a couple hours and that you'll be ready for the next mornings wheeling trip. Three hours later, panic.
12. Mask off the mouth, grill, and windshield. Spray it with rattle can. Move onto your next beer after you see it's 1am and you are hours away from done.
13. Finally, it should be about 3:30 am. You get the last bolt in, the last coat of paint on, clean up and shower. It's now 5am and you are wheeling in two hours. Say eff it and drive your new looking yj to get gas then to the nearest all night diner for coffee and food.
14. When the sun finally rises, stare at the yj for the first time in the light. Look over all the mistakes, blemishes, overspray, and screw ups and.....smile! You've done it! It is faaar from perfect, and the job was rushed, but dammit it looks sick! Now go wheel it and break crap!

That pretty much sums it up.

Cheers: D
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #46387
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well that about domes it up. I think you should contact PBR/Miller to see if you can buy the beer whole sale to save you some money long term.
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #46388
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

that actually would be cool Haha! I'm almost wishing I had gone OD green to kick it really old school ha!

OK step by step?
1. Start joking with a friend about how Cool it would be to paint your Jeep like a fighter jet.
3. 15 minutes after seeing the mock up run to the paint store willy-nilly with no plan what so ever and just buy crap.
4. Get home and crush a 6pack of pbr while you destroy your Jeep in the driveway. Make sure you don't label anything and that you just throw all the parts in a huge pile without any regard for organization.
5. While chain smoking and moving onto your 2nd 6er, hit the whole Jeep with some 180 grit to knock off the clear coat.
6. At about 1am decide to keep plowing onward and slap on a couple coats of paint. This is critical. Make sure you're just tired enough, and just drunk enough to get a ton of drips, sags, bubbles and runs in the paint without noticing.
7. Wake up in the morning to check out the sweet progress. Fight back the tears at the mess you've created. Wet sand with some 220. For what feels like a year. And just when you're sure your elbow is going to give up the ghost and fall from your arm, decided that you really don't mind about the afore mentioned blemishes. I mean it's a Jeep right?
8. Two more coats of pain, about four hours apart. Make sure it's 100*+ out and you are shirtless. You really want your back to burn nice and good during this phase.
9. Next the weather window needs to slam shut. You want it to piss rain for like 5 days straight so you can spend your time just staring at what used to be a yj while deeply regretting the project. When the rain clears and it hits 108* it's again time to go.
9. Wet sand once with 400 then with 600. When the wet, watery, paint dust bakes onto the Jeep, and you spend two hours trying to scrub it off, just decided that more paint will hide it and roll on another two coats.
10. Wake up early on a Friday and wet sand with 600. At this point you should feel numb below the neck and confident that should you decide to go on a murderous rampage, you will not leave fingerprints due to sanding them off during all the hand sanding you've been doing. Two more coats....
11. At about 9pm start painting everything else that has been stripped off the Jeep. Crack a beer confident that you'll have it all back together in a couple hours and that you'll be ready for the next mornings wheeling trip. Three hours later, panic.
12. Mask off the mouth, grill, and windshield. Spray it with rattle can. Move onto your next beer after you see it's 1am and you are hours away from done.
13. Finally, it should be about 3:30 am. You get the last bolt in, the last coat of paint on, clean up and shower. It's now 5am and you are wheeling in two hours. Say eff it and drive your new looking yj to get gas then to the nearest all night diner for coffee and food.
14. When the sun finally rises, stare at the yj for the first time in the light. Look over all the mistakes, blemishes, overspray, and screw ups and.....smile! You've done it! It is faaar from perfect, and the job was rushed, but dammit it looks sick! Now go wheel it and break crap!

you crack me up Sparrows. you do things like me well except for the drinking and smoking part I gave that up a long time ago. I stick to my MT dew.
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #46389
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Well that about domes it up. I think you should contact PBR/Miller to see if you can buy the beer whole sale to save you some money long term.
Lmao.
Can I get that write up stickied please? Haha!
A pbr sponsorship wide be soooooooo awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post

you crack me up Sparrows. you do things like me well except for the drinking and smoking part I gave that up a long time ago. I stick to my MT dew.
That's how I roll!
Glad it was worth a chuckle Haha.
it's been a cool project and my Jeep is uniquely mine now, but I think I will end up redoing it down the line to get a slightly higher quality job done. For now I'm happy with it though.

CHEERS
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #46390
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

OK step by step?

Hahahaha
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #46391
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not what I've done but what I'm trying to do:

See if I can't get some goodies off this puppy....

image-3640303680.jpg
BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #46392
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post

Poor poor poor poor thing :'(
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #46393
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post

Attachment 645523
Backstory???????
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #46394
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech

Holy carp!! Story?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #46395
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

Holy carp!! Story?

X3. That thing is a freaking monster! Just put your tub on top and drive off lol.

Cheers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.