What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3088 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #46306
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciamonkey View Post
Well haven't updated for a while i Was in Idaho for a get away.
What part?
Jeep looks killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyj View Post

Man I have great luck out of my axle dump cherrybomb, and they are inexpensive

love my jeep
Really? I had them on my prostreet '70 Nova back in high-school for a while and didn't like them. How are they behind the 4.0? Video? Hows the cab noise at highway speeds?

Thanks!

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #46307
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
What part?
Jeep looks killer!

Really? I had them on my prostreet '70 Nova back in high-school for a while and didn't like them. How are they behind the 4.0? Video? Hows the cab noise at highway speeds?

Thanks!

Cheers
The one that was on my YJ when I bought it was obnoxious as hell.

I'm a fan of the 50 and 70 series Flowmasters personally. I can't hear the 70 in my WJ @70 but at idle/accel it sounds great. Apples to Oranges, but there it is.

The 50 series I ran behind the 4.0 in my YJ was nice too, I wanted a quieter highway ride this time aroumd. (Not that the 50 was by any means very loud).

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #46308
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
What part?
Jeep looks killer!

Thanks!

Cheers
Mines a stroked 4.2, but not to bad I will try and shoot a video after work tomorrow. Hey did you ever get that top situation fixed? I still have the bows. Wasn't sure if I was suppose to send them or what?

love my jeep
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #46309
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
What did I miss? I thought you had a sick XJ
I did have a fun XJ, got to the point that it was pointless to drive it on the street, Traded it for a TJ and some cash, than traded the TJ for this Gem of a YJ! I ended up getting $7500 total and this YJ so I guess I have been flipping jeeps... Anyways I am pretty much done with serious mods, everything else will be simple/cosmetic.

old XJ

Than the TJ

and the Current official project the YJ!

Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #46310
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well bad part about searching "jeep" on Clist is when u come across a deal and buy it. I added an addition to the Jeep family. Something I can tear up and not care. The wrangler will be my beach cruzer haha. Looking for an external slave bellhousing for my AX-15 and find this. Tires are 31's but brand new mud terrains. Like they have the little things sticking off them so new. Power windows and locks that actually work. Figure I can part her out if anything. 1995 4x4 4.0 HO auto(ya ya) 4.5" lift. Needs a battery and idler pulley. Jumped her off and runs like a top. Now to decide to keep her legal or make her a offroad only. Anyways time for some sleep. Gotta do some work on both Jeeps tomorrow.

4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #46311
Ciamonkey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
What part?
Jeep looks killer!

Thanks!

Cheers
We were in coeur d'alene and popped over to Spokane. Went to check out silverwood. Thanks man!
Ciamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #46312
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmanser View Post
what did you use to cover up the hole in the back?

what were all the parts you needed to do that?
Tj liscense plate holder.
All the parts were a tj gas bezel, 2 new hoses because the old ones were too short. Also got a locking gas door. The original filler neck still works. All you need is a bezel and hoses.
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #46313
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Speaking of mufflers.....
Changing mine out is on the docket for this month. I'm so effing sick of the craptastic drone of my exhaust that I almost, almost want to gouge out my ears.

Anyone have something to recommend? I have a 3/4 (axle dump) system and will probably keep it that way for money reasons. I want something throaty and rumbly and v8-y at idle and low rpms, but shuts the hell up at cruising speed. Cake and eat it too perhaps? I just want something aggressive down low that I can easily talk over at speed.

Cheers
Well the only way to get V8 sound is to do a V8 swap! But you can make the 6 banger sound pretty good. If you want quite but still some rumble try to mount the muffler as close to the engine as possible. On my jeep I run no cat and a super cheap cherry bomb glass pack lol with it mounted as close to the motor as a could get with a tail pipe going all the way to the back. Surprising the cherry bomb sounds pretty good and not ricer-ish at all and I can hold a conversation. The biggest thing is to run a tail pipe, you would be surprised how much better it sounds with a tail pipe!

If you want the best sound out of the I6 get a high flow cat and this muffler (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=18135) and tail pipe. My buddy ran this setup and it is the best/meanest sounding I6 I've ever heard.

Edit: here's a video of said setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUwxadmvgo
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #46314
custom86
1994 YJ Wrangler 

These hid's are bright
custom86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #46315
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sparrow, I got a 4.2 with a flowmaster not sure what kind but it sounds like a v8 at idle but when I am on the highway it sounds like nothing, I can't hear anything over my music, wind noise and the little bit of tire noise I get while going 60 something on the freeway
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #46316
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
I did have a fun XJ, got to the point that it was pointless to drive it on the street, Traded it for a TJ and some cash, than traded the TJ for this Gem of a YJ! I ended up getting $7500 total and this YJ so I guess I have been flipping jeeps... Anyways I am pretty much done with serious mods, everything else will be simple/cosmetic.
Was definitely one of my favorite all time XJs can't wait to watch the build progress on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #46317
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom86 View Post
These hid's are bright
Be sure to aim them properly. There is nothing worse than HIDs that are blinding oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #46318
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Found this on my local CL. Opinions?
Jeep 4.0 manga flow exhaust with turndown cherokee or wrangler - $100
http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/3922375981.html

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #46319
justin331
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What I did today

Today on my 1989 2.5L Jeep Wrangler I dropped the whole transmission with transfercase to change the the Hydraulic Clutch Control Unit and now I bought the whole kit to put on that comes with pressure plate, new clutch, and more might as well change everything. It was fun and a pain!
justin331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #46320
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciamonkey View Post

We were in coeur d'alene and popped over to Spokane. Went to check out silverwood. Thanks man!
I was at silverwood last weekend rained on us the whole time, rode every ride soaking wet. Had a blast though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.