What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3087 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #46291
stmanser
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie View Post
Did the tj gas filler also. Filled up right after. Didnt even have to hold the pump for a nice change lol. Makes it pretty nice.
what did you use to cover up the hole in the back?

what were all the parts you needed to do that?

stmanser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #46292
custom86
1994 YJ Wrangler 

[quote=95YJMountie;15658814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by custom86 View Post
over the last few days I painted the center section of my hood satin black along with the windshield frame and added a freehand pinstripe around the hood. also finally got my hid kit in the mail and installed. man these things are bright. a buddie of mine had a set of projector housings laying around he gave me.

Lights look awesome. How much did that cost? Id like to do the same to mine
I got them off eBay they are h4 55w 6000k hid replacements with ballast and wire for like $45 shipped. They shipped direct from china but still only took 2 weeks to get here. Def worth the wait.
custom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #46293
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Used the yj to do some work today, after I got home from work. Took a picture, thought it was neat I could fit 1000 pounds of blocks in the back each trip. Only made 3 trips...oh yea I also put a new muffler on today, Thrush I beleive it was.

image-1288426379.jpg

image-568036414.jpg
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #46294
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

How's it sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #46295
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a thousand pounds of blocks. Duh.
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #46296
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like a thousand pounds of blocks. Duh.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #46297
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ
How necessary is the little wire clamp piece that holds the "clutch fork" to the passender side nub (for the lack of better word )? It's the fork that holds the throw out bearing inside the bell housing.

The pass side has a wire clamp thing that holds it in place I assume for when u push in the clutch I'm assuming helps the fork return to original position.

I broke it and its not something that comes with the kit. My guess is it may be tough to source a replacement
U mean the spring looking clamp? Id make sure to have one in there. Dealership should have it. Its supposed to be changed when u put in a new clutch kit, but i always re-used. No issues. Anyways, check the dealership.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #46298
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well the last 2 days...

4.56s, ARBs installed. Complete Borla exhaust provided by JaysExhaust in Suches, GA they used my YJ as a test pig for the new Street Performer high flow low noise!

First pic from Gears/lockers 2nd from exhaust install

Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #46299
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wasting no time, Tex!
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #46300
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
Well the last 2 days...

4.56s, ARBs installed. Complete Borla exhaust provided by JaysExhaust in Suches, GA they used my YJ as a test pig for the new Street Performer high flow low noise!

First pic from Gears/lockers 2nd from exhaust install

What did I miss? I thought you had a sick XJ

Quote:
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #46301
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
How's it sound?
Quieter than the one did with a big hole in it, still not real loud. Nice n throaty on startup and gurgles in reduced gear when I slow down. I rather like it, it was only $36 bucs and the only one in town I could find that was center to offset. The only other one was a duno max super turbo crap that woulda made it sound like a ricer. All the rest of my exhaust is 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipe
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #46302
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Quieter than the one did with a big hole in it, still not real loud. Nice n throaty on startup and gurgles in reduced gear when I slow down. I rather like it, it was only $36 bucs and the only one in town I could find that was center to offset. The only other one was a duno max super turbo crap that woulda made it sound like a ricer. All the rest of my exhaust is 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipe
I noticed that my muffler suffered from my last offloading venture, so I had to ask for options!

Quote:
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #46303
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Speaking of mufflers.....
Changing mine out is on the docket for this month. I'm so effing sick of the craptastic drone of my exhaust that I almost, almost want to gouge out my ears.

Anyone have something to recommend? I have a 3/4 (axle dump) system and will probably keep it that way for money reasons. I want something throaty and rumbly and v8-y at idle and low rpms, but shuts the hell up at cruising speed. Cake and eat it too perhaps? I just want something aggressive down low that I can easily talk over at speed.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #46304
Ciamonkey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well haven't updated for a while i Was in Idaho for a get away. Today I scored two 20L military style Jerry cans for $17 a piece brand new. Got them at princess auto. They had the wrong price on them. Also added a do it yourself cold air intake for $70 worth of parts (all you old timers will hate that lol). And got some new rubber BFG km2's. last but not least installed a new smittybilt security centre console!

image-4236172192.jpg

Also got this gearshift lol!

image-3030199118.jpg

image-289155939.jpg
Ciamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #46305
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Speaking of mufflers.....
Changing mine out is on the docket for this month. I'm so effing sick of the craptastic drone of my exhaust that I almost, almost want to gouge out my ears.

Anyone have something to recommend? I have a 3/4 (axle dump) system and will probably keep it that way for money reasons. I want something throaty and rumbly and v8-y at idle and low rpms, but shuts the hell up at cruising speed. Cake and eat it too perhaps? I just want something aggressive down low that I can easily talk over at speed.

Cheers
Man I have great luck out of my axle dump cherrybomb, and they are inexpensive

love my jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.