What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3068 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #46006
chris94
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have a Jeep Wrangler YJ 1992 and on the axle there is a 4 wheel drive disconnect is there a way to put solid shaft their?.

chris94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #46007
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris94
i have a Jeep Wrangler YJ 1992 and on the axle there is a 4 wheel drive disconnect is there a way to put solid shaft their?.
Search "xj shaft"
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #46008
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
The rustys kit is pretty good,

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #46009
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead

It's not the "rich oil tycoons"... They make about three cents per gallon.
It's your buddy Moonbeam Jerry Brown and his bunch of liberal bozos in the state legislature that snuck this one through.
You shouldn't have voted for him.
And you shouldn't have voted for Obama either.

BOT: My jeep was making a really terrible sound when I hit the starter. Grinding and popping and sounding like a slow motion grenade explosion inside a storm drain tunnel while wearing hearing aids turned up to the highest level.
I though "This is it... The end of the world. This thing's gunna' blow and take out the Milky Way Galaxy and turn it into a huge black hole".... Yep that's what it sounded like.
After my meticulous and tedious inspection, it seems the bottom bolt on the starter that holds it to the bell housing mysteriously disappeared. I heard about a starter bolt theft ring in the area but paid no attention to it.
Fortunately, I just happened to have an extra one that was absolutely identical to the one that found a new home, probably on John Bull Trail.
Some Locktite, a lock washer, a 17mm socket, and presto-chango, my life is whole again.
In summary, I replaced a missing starter bolt. Thanks for your time.
Awesome explanation!
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #46010
zchris87v
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I spent a good 2 hours + 1 can of PB blaster removing the rear drums, to find that the brake shoes were completely shot. Now, normally I do all the work myself, but for $99, I decided to let someone else do the work (I did the hard part, breaking the drums loose, first time since the 1990's it appears). I figured the cost of the tools, the shoes, a lathe, etc. was a bit higher than $100. Made it to the store before closing, only to have them tell me they tried calling me and telling me the shoes weren't in stock (called from my work phone, foolishly, so never got the return call). I've learned my lesson.
zchris87v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #46011
Hard_oNe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post

Thanks. There were three YJ's in our group, and two TJs. One of the TJ's went home on a trailer, the other had a bent control arm, broken shock mount, and a broken nerf bar.
I bent my tailpipe, one of the other YJs lost a nut that holds the brake line (easy fix), and the other YJ did fine until he decided to drive it up onto a huge log, went too far, and bent his front drive shaft.
MY YJ isn't really "set up". It's stock 4.2 five speed, 2.5 inch lift, one inch body lift, TJ flares, 33/12.50X16 BFG/ATs, thirty with an Aussie in the front, open 8.8 in the rear twisting 4:10 gears. Nothing special.
When we were on Holcomb Creek at the north end rock garden, we came upon a group of uber-bought, er I mean built JKs. They watched me drive through the rock garden non stop. One of them came up to me at the end and said "That was amazing. None of us thought you were going to make it in a stock YJ". Um... It's not stock.
You have the best mod that people cannot simply buy or bolt on....its called an experienced driver mod.
Hard_oNe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #46012
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard_oNe View Post
You have the best mod that people cannot simply buy or bolt on....its called an experienced driver mod.
Thanks...

I let my 11 year old son drive that's why.

photo-40-medium-.jpg

He really is driving. We were on John Bulll going through some small rock gardens and he did great! I'm grooming him since he decided that my YJ belongs to him. He's not even going to wait until I kick the bucket.
Now the little snot tells me I'm taking a funny line and he would have taken this or that line. I've created a monster!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #46013
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Went to the town fair tire Ive been going to for years since I know everyone there but now they have all new people working there. I wanted to have them fix a slow leak and they refused me cause they said I have the wrong kind of lug nuts on..? What kind of crap is that? They couldnt even explain why or what were correct ones. Theyve put these same ones on and off for the past couple years with no problem. But they did say they would have no problem doing it though if I bring it in to them already off the Jeep, just an inconvenience
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #46014
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Went to the town fair tire Ive been going to for years since I know everyone there but now they have all new people working there. I wanted to have them fix a slow leak and they refused me cause they said I have the wrong kind of lug nuts on..? What kind of crap is that? They couldnt even explain why or what were correct ones. Theyve put these same ones on and off for the past couple years with no problem. But they did say they would have no problem doing it though if I bring it in to them already off the Jeep, just an inconvenience
I hate newbies
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #46015
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Used some Meguiar's plastic cleaner on my gauges and scrubbed with an applicator pad for 45 mins till i got rid of all the crap lol

Wish i had taken before pics but those things are looking just about brand new now. They used to have almost decal glue residue on them about 3/4 in around the edges, i'm assuming dirt and grime over time. They are so nice and shiny that i think if the sun hits them the reflection might create issues while driving top off lol
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #46016
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed new DS axle shaft and seal due to the destroyed uni joint that ovaled out the outer shaft ears... Bought a whole new inner/outer set up so I didn't have to mess with installing a new uni..

That @#$%^&* axle seal always take more effort that anything else...

There was some very fine metal sheen to the old gear oil, probably from normal wear. Aussie looked fine...

Back on the road
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #46017
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Found a PCV vacuum leak. Still think I have one to trace down. Let's see what tonight brings.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #46018
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Thanks...

I let my 11 year old son drive that's why.

Attachment 641973

He really is driving. We were on John Bulll going through some small rock gardens and he did great! I'm grooming him since he decided that my YJ belongs to him. He's not even going to wait until I kick the bucket.
Now the little snot tells me I'm taking a funny line and he would have taken this or that line. I've created a monster!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RAC...ature=youtu.be

Those 11-year-olds sure know how to drive!
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #46019
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Resumed work on my inside spare mount until the rain interrupted me. I'll be adding gussets tomorrow and finish all the welds if time allows.
All of this is done with a HF 220v welder using flux wire. Im rdy for a quality MIG welder...

image-3444222993.jpg

image-3664708701.jpg

image-1564682128.jpg

image-2997053187.jpg

image-1546622314.jpg

image-146173953.jpg

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #46020
patnewk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

that's looking good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.