What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3067 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #45991
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Sparrows;15622122]Phew!
Stayed up until 4am last night working on the paint job and buttoning my rig up for today's wheeling. Got most of the paint done, but I do have a ton of touch up work to do. By the time I got showered up, the Jeep loaded, and tools put away it was 5:30 am. Had to leave to meet the wheeling group by 7am so I ended up just getting breakfast and coffee and heading out. Dear lord I'm tired now!

Then wheeled the crap out of it today. Overheated in the 104* heat when the ground popped off my fan. Then I blew up my rear u-joint and drove the 35 miles home in front wheel drive lol! I think my pinion angle on the 8.8 ended up a scosche high. Is there any way to bring it down a notch that does not include shims or new perches. Looking at how everything settled I'd say it's about 2* high of where it should be. Not really any vibes except during a hard launch, but I should probably deal with that!

Oh and a pic from last night...I'll get more up later.

Time for a shower and a nap...

Cheers[/QUOTE
I havn't been on in a few days But I wanted to say the paint job is Bad A$$!

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #45992
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj

Thats grounds for a hidden battery disconnect so it will never happend again. My father's sister took his 67' fastback Mustang without asking one night and t-boned a semi at a stop light she ran and totaled his car. that was 45 years ago they still dont talk about it to this day.
It's in the process of getting a switch
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #45993
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats basically the same parameters as mine. I want to keep the tire between the tonneau cover, windjammer and rear rollcage. It makes things a lot more restricted but i was able to muck up the tire flat or with a bit of an angle and make it fit. 37s would fit as well. Definitely no room for a passenger with his configuration. U may have room for a dog but it all depends on its size and the kind of room u want it to have. I'll post a pic when its all done by this weekend

That would be great. If you can grab an angle of how much space between the back of the front seats and the tire it would be much appreciated. I've got an 80 pound American Bulldog that loves riding in my truck,but I wouldn't trust him in the front seat with no doors or even half doors for that matter in the Jeep.
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #45994
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got the 4;88's and OX installed in the Dana30. Spent yesterday morning cleaning it up & painting it. Got the Rusty's steering kit on the way (found some bad rod ends when I removed the tie rod & drag link) I sill have one spring mount bolt I cant get out (drivers side frame mount) This heat is really slowing me down in the garage but I got a four day weekend comming up. I'll be in the garage from 5am to 10 am then in the pool the rest of the day!

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #45995
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoore-on
Got the 4;88's and OX installed in the Dana30. Spent yesterday morning cleaning it up & painting it. Got the Rusty's steering kit on the way (found some bad rod ends when I removed the tie rod & drag link) I sill have one spring mount bolt I cant get out (drivers side frame mount) This heat is really slowing me down in the garage but I got a four day weekend comming up. I'll be in the garage from 5am to 10 am then in the pool the rest of the day!
The rustys kit is pretty good,
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #45996
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I sat and watched uber-built JKUs waltz up John Bull during the Jeep Jamboree in May. It was amazing to see how those rigs made it look easy. I saw a few TJs make it up there, but the only YJ in the area was ours, and we were no where near set up for that beast. Hat's off to you if you make it up John Bull in your YJ.
Thanks. There were three YJ's in our group, and two TJs. One of the TJ's went home on a trailer, the other had a bent control arm, broken shock mount, and a broken nerf bar.
I bent my tailpipe, one of the other YJs lost a nut that holds the brake line (easy fix), and the other YJ did fine until he decided to drive it up onto a huge log, went too far, and bent his front drive shaft.
MY YJ isn't really "set up". It's stock 4.2 five speed, 2.5 inch lift, one inch body lift, TJ flares, 33/12.50X16 BFG/ATs, thirty with an Aussie in the front, open 8.8 in the rear twisting 4:10 gears. Nothing special.
When we were on Holcomb Creek at the north end rock garden, we came upon a group of uber-bought, er I mean built JKs. They watched me drive through the rock garden non stop. One of them came up to me at the end and said "That was amazing. None of us thought you were going to make it in a stock YJ". Um... It's not stock.
When you are ready to head back up, let me know. I love wheeling up there.

TJ being pulled out by a YJ...

photo-39-medium-.jpg

My bent tailpipe...

photo-35-medium-.jpg

My Heep poser shot....

photo-47-medium-.jpg
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #45997
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

There's the proof
image-1291591385.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-betty-white-1464639/
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #45998
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
There's the proof
Sorry I'm lost, proof of what?

love my jeep
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #45999
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvynandhobbs

That would be great. If you can grab an angle of how much space between the back of the front seats and the tire it would be much appreciated. I've got an 80 pound American Bulldog that loves riding in my truck,but I wouldn't trust him in the front seat with no doors or even half doors for that matter in the Jeep.
Im not sure what you mean by "the angle of how much space between... Etc" but i'll take plenty of pics and give u the final measurements as far as spacing and angle at which the tire sits. That should give u an idea of how u want to tackle urs according to ur own needs.

Here's what i did today:

I fitted the crossmember on which the tire will be mounted and started fitting the mount onto it. Im using all spare metal for this project. I'll post progress pics as i go. Im sticking with just one crossmember to mount the tire on for now. Im gonna gusset everything to add rigidity. If things eventually start to lose their "straightness" i'll add a 2nd crossmember and triangulate. But that most likely wont be necessary. We'll see

image-488200818.jpg

image-1575986494.jpg

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #46000
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Attached one of my homebrew rocksliders

imag0363.jpg

love my jeep
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #46001
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
Im not sure what you mean by "the angle of how much space between... Etc" but i'll take plenty of pics and give u the final measurements as far as spacing and angle at which the tire sits. That should give u an idea of how u want to tackle urs according to ur own needs.

Here's what i did today:

I fitted the crossmember on which the tire will be mounted and started fitting the mount onto it. Im using all spare metal for this project. I'll post progress pics as i go. Im sticking with just one crossmember to mount the tire on for now. Im gonna gusset everything to add rigidity. If things eventually start to lose their "straightness" i'll add a 2nd crossmember and triangulate. But that most likely wont be necessary. We'll see

Attachment 641813
YKYDAYJ when you carry a sledge with you at all times.

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #46002
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
woa....that.is.awesome!!!!! Let me know when you get this done because if it really works how the guy says i am sooooo doing this!!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #46003
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489

YKYDAYJ when you carry a sledge with you at all times.
Good eye. BFH is a must.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #46004
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Did a little work on pulling axles and engine components. Got the Ford 9" put in about a month ago. Pulled the D30 in prep for D44 install. The plan is to run Ford 9", D44, 350SBC, SM465 tranny, and NP241.
axles-1.jpg

axles-2.jpg

axles-2.5.jpg

axles-3.jpg

axles-4.jpg

motor-pull-1.jpg

jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #46005
chris94
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have a Jeep Wrangler YJ 1992 and on the axle there is a 4 wheel drive disconnect is there a way to put solid shaft their.
chris94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.