What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3064 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #45946
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i replaced my starter today.
wasn't to hard actualy.
that's about all iv done to the jeep recently.

rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #45947
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
It's not the "rich oil tycoons"... They make about three cents per gallon.
It's your buddy Moonbeam Jerry Brown and his bunch of liberal bozos in the state legislature that snuck this one through.
You shouldn't have voted for him.
And you shouldn't have voted for Obama either.

BOT: My jeep was making a really terrible sound when I hit the starter. Grinding and popping and sounding like a slow motion grenade explosion inside a storm drain tunnel while wearing hearing aids turned up to the highest level.
I though "This is it... The end of the world. This thing's gunna' blow and take out the Milky Way Galaxy and turn it into a huge black hole".... Yep that's what it sounded like.
After my meticulous and tedious inspection, it seems the bottom bolt on the starter that holds it to the bell housing mysteriously disappeared. I heard about a starter bolt theft ring in the area but paid no attention to it.
Fortunately, I just happened to have an extra one that was absolutely identical to the one that found a new home, probably on John Bull Trail.
Some Locktite, a lock washer, a 17mm socket, and presto-chango, my life is whole again.
In summary, I replaced a missing starter bolt. Thanks for your time.
Funny stuff, Rik.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #45948
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Funny stuff, Rik.
Thanks. I figured just saying "I replaced a missing starter bolt" wouldn't have a profound impact on anyone's life.
Ba dum bump tish.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #45949
zombiechief
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I built some tube fenders for the back of my rig this weekend. I used 3/4" gas pipe that I had laying around, a pipe bender, dead eye reconning and some sheet metal I saved from the scrap yard a while back. Total cost 0$ (not counting the welding wire). Unfortunately, I ran out of welding wire so they aren't quite finished up yet, but they are together for the most part. After I get more wire and finish welding I'll paint em and make em pretty.

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #45950
SamzJeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

sliders.jpg

Made some rear flares to match the flatty's I made for the front and I made some rock sliders. I also trimmed the rear fender well to allow more room for the tires. I still have to paint the flares/sliders and do some under coating for the rear fender wells. I also go some new "shoes" a couple days ago. It's still a work in progress but runs great....
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #45951
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
I used the A to Z cage kit to build up my cage last yr. For the tire carrier addition im just using some tubing i've got laying around.
Pretty sure I'm going with A to Z also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #45952
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Found out what my best friend and brother were doing yesterday when they took my jeep... Go figure...

AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #45953
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

Pretty sure I'm going with A to Z also
Good kit. BUT if ur the one who's gonna fit/ weld it, know that there's gonna be a lot of adjustments to make. This was my first cage and boy did i learn the importance of proper fitment. Makes welding 100x easier and joints much stronger. My 2 cents.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #45954
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Found out what my best friend and brother were doing yesterday when they took my jeep... Go figure...

What size are those Kevs?

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #45955
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
Good kit. BUT if ur the one who's gonna fit/ weld it, know that there's gonna be a lot of adjustments to make. This was my first cage and boy did i learn the importance of proper fitment. Makes welding 100x easier and joints much stronger. My 2 cents.
Thanks for the info, I think I will be the one to tack it all together but Ill let a buddy who's pretty good at welding sew it all up.

Quote:
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #45956
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
It's not the "rich oil tycoons"... They make about three cents per gallon.
It's your buddy Moonbeam Jerry Brown and his bunch of liberal bozos in the state legislature that snuck this one through.
You shouldn't have voted for him.
And you shouldn't have voted for Obama either.

BOT: My jeep was making a really terrible sound when I hit the starter. Grinding and popping and sounding like a slow motion grenade explosion inside a storm drain tunnel while wearing hearing aids turned up to the highest level.
I though "This is it... The end of the world. This thing's gunna' blow and take out the Milky Way Galaxy and turn it into a huge black hole".... Yep that's what it sounded like.
After my meticulous and tedious inspection, it seems the bottom bolt on the starter that holds it to the bell housing mysteriously disappeared. I heard about a starter bolt theft ring in the area but paid no attention to it.
Fortunately, I just happened to have an extra one that was absolutely identical to the one that found a new home, probably on John Bull Trail.
Some Locktite, a lock washer, a 17mm socket, and presto-chango, my life is whole again.
In summary, I replaced a missing starter bolt. Thanks for your time.
I sat and watched uber-built JKUs waltz up John Bull during the Jeep Jamboree in May. It was amazing to see how those rigs made it look easy. I saw a few TJs make it up there, but the only YJ in the area was ours, and we were no where near set up for that beast. Hat's off to you if you make it up John Bull in your YJ.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #45957
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

What size are those Kevs?
33x12.50x15
What size did you think they were?
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #45958
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
33x12.50x15
What size did you think they were?
They look like 35s

I want those.

Quote:
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #45959
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeled it all weekend, everything from tight sloppy trails to some snow, to so light rock crawling, to head light deep water holes (which just so happen to flood the tub) all in a weekend it was a blast!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #45960
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87
Wheeled it all weekend, everything from tight sloppy trails to some snow, to so light rock crawling, to head light deep water holes (which just so happen to flood the tub) all in a weekend it was a blast!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Nice. Did u go back to 35s?

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.