What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3060 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Alloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 06-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #45886
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh2112

i'd go with nylon dot air hose and push-to-lock fittings. It's pretty much bulletproof, and if you do cut a line you just trim the ends and use an inline fitting to splice them.
x2

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #45887
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I wanted to do something work related. As a farmer, my shovel is my best friend so a spade was fitting. It was going to be m-16's and medic crosses but that part of my life is over and done.

Spade = Shovel ,,,,, Do you ever get Tired of Being Sooo CLEVER !!!

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #45888
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
Spade = Shovel ,,,,, Do you ever get Tired of Being Sooo CLEVER !!!
Nah. It keeps me up at night.
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #45889
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I think my sense of humor is a little too dry.

Sent by my pretentious iPhone.
i guess i should have caught it. i am normally pretty good on the uptake, i have been in some pretty dumb/useless discussions on this forum before. it wasn't long ago there was a debate over oil life. guy tried to tell me that there is no oil out there that can go more than 3k miles without needing to be changed. even after citing results directly from the lab at the refinery that writes my paycheck. you just can't argue with stupid.

anyhow... back on track...
today i resigned myself to having someone else finish my rig. dropped the new frame off to the shop that was getting my d60's ligned up and under the jeep with proper steering. i just don't have the time and/or heart to want to work on it after losing ratmonkey. i'll just shell out tons of cash and just drive it later in the summer.

basically agreed to about $2500 worth of labor and about $another $500 worth of parts to go on the old girl.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #45890
billybooster2
1983 CJ8 

Replaced windshield and frame on the daughters yj. Now wiper motor binds if i tighten it to the frame
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #45891
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Phew!
Stayed up until 4am last night working on the paint job and buttoning my rig up for today's wheeling. Got most of the paint done, but I do have a ton of touch up work to do. By the time I got showered up, the Jeep loaded, and tools put away it was 5:30 am. Had to leave to meet the wheeling group by 7am so I ended up just getting breakfast and coffee and heading out. Dear lord I'm tired now!

Then wheeled the crap out of it today. Overheated in the 104* heat when the ground popped off my fan. Then I blew up my rear u-joint and drove the 35 miles home in front wheel drive lol! I think my pinion angle on the 8.8 ended up a scosche high. Is there any way to bring it down a notch that does not include shims or new perches. Looking at how everything settled I'd say it's about 2* high of where it should be. Not really any vibes except during a hard launch, but I should probably deal with that!

Oh and a pic from last night...I'll get more up later.

Time for a shower and a nap...

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #45892
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Took the tarp off my frame and got sweaty, covered in metal shavings and felt overwhelmed by my rust repair job.
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #45893
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post

a little nerve racking isn't it
iv been teaching mine to drive a manual bc she's looking at buying a 95 soon. ill have 2 jeeps to work on and someone els to front the bill on there's lol
Oh yeah, she went through a huge puddle on the road, didn't know where the wiper switch was, thought we were all dead for about 5 seconds!!!! Lol
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #45894
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Phew!
Stayed up until 4am last night working on the paint job and buttoning my rig up for today's wheeling. Got most of the paint done, but I do have a ton of touch up work to do. By the time I got showered up, the Jeep loaded, and tools put away it was 5:30 am. Had to leave to meet the wheeling group by 7am so I ended up just getting breakfast and coffee and heading out. Dear lord I'm tired now!

Then wheeled the crap out of it today. Overheated in the 104* heat when the ground popped off my fan. Then I blew up my rear u-joint and drove the 35 miles home in front wheel drive lol! I think my pinion angle on the 8.8 ended up a scosche high. Is there any way to bring it down a notch that does not include shims or new perches. Looking at how everything settled I'd say it's about 2* high of where it should be. Not really any vibes except during a hard launch, but I should probably deal with that!

Cheers
Looks awesome!!!!!

Oh for your pinion problem, the only thing i can think of other then moving the pirches or adding shims would be to remove aftermarket shackles if you have them but that probably won't make a huge difference...
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #45895
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2112

I prefer a hardtop because mine is either on (October to May) or off (May to October.) When it rains I either drive wearing a rainsuit or take my pickup. It's just too much of a hassle putting a top up or down, having it folded down and susceptible to damage from tree branches or mildew, etc.
Well I plan on making a electric hard top hoist in my garage so removing the hard top will be much easier then pulling the soft top.

Sent from my broke *** IPhone
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #45896
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Phew!

Cheers
A partial tummy tuck should put u at the right pinion angle. 2 birds 1 stone.

PS: when i built my 8.8 i intentionally set the pinion angle too high in anticipation of a full TT. When i did my TT, i ended up with a PERFECT pinion angle.

PPS: when my angle was to high, i blew the sleeve yoke end of my rear driveshaft while gunning it in a rut. The ears of the sleeve yoke bound with the ears of the 8.8 flange adapter and BOOM. Most likely why u blew ur ujoint as well. Just a wild guess.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #45897
NH2112
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

Well I plan on making a electric hard top hoist in my garage so removing the hard top will be much easier then pulling the soft top.

Sent from my broke *** IPhone
If I had a garage I'd probably do the same, but it'd still come off in May and not to back on till first hard frost. The hoist would just be to make my life easier for those 20 minutes LOL. Though I'm happy the YJ hardtop is so light compared to my old TJ's hardtop!

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #45898
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
A partial tummy tuck should put u at the right pinion angle. 2 birds 1 stone.

PS: when i built my 8.8 i intentionally set the pinion angle too high in anticipation of a full TT. When i did my TT, i ended up with a PERFECT pinion angle.

PPS: when my angle was to high, i blew the sleeve yoke end of my rear driveshaft while gunning it in a rut. The ears of the sleeve yoke bound with the ears of the 8.8 flange adapter and BOOM. Most likely why u blew ur ujoint as well. Just a wild guess.
Combine all that ( shackles , tummy tuck ( I like this idea) ) with maybe drilling a new hole in your perches and moving your axle back on the springs for a makeshift stretcher . You'll probably be able to dial you P/A right in . Of Course you could always grinde the perches off and start over .

Unread 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #45899
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I am about to pass out from heat exhaustion . Because I have be out in the heat wave welding and fitting my new /used /beat up roof rac . Because this is the only time I have to work on it before next weekend's wheelin . So I will be able to pack even more junk on the trail with me . So I will have more Junk to pack & unpack for trail runs . So I will be more tired when I get home from trips . So I ask why do we do this to ourselves ? ??? I keep telling my self it a labor of Love .

Unread 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #45900
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Phew!

Cheers
Dude that's freakin nasty!!! Love it!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.