What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3054 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #45796
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post
Thanks

33.12.50/15's
Awesome! I know what to expect tomorrow

kgb_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #45797
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Decided I was for of the yj raking its territory. So replaced the oil pan gasket, crankshaft? gasket, and timing chain cover gasket. All was going great until I went to install the timing chain cover. I can't get the bolt holes lined up to install the bolts. I can install the large bolts and one small one on passenger side. But all the small bolts on the driver side will not line up to thread in the bolts. Grrrr! And can't install the lower bolts from the oil pan to timing chain cover bolts. Am going to loosen the oil pan bolts a little to see if that allows the timing chain cover to drop enough to line up all the holes. Any suggestions?
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #45798
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odss91b
Decided I was for of the yj raking its territory. So replaced the oil pan gasket, crankshaft? gasket, and timing chain cover gasket. All was going great until I went to install the timing chain cover. I can't get the bolt holes lined up to install the bolts. I can install the large bolts and one small one on passenger side. But all the small bolts on the driver side will not line up to thread in the bolts. Grrrr! And can't install the lower bolts from the oil pan to timing chain cover bolts. Am going to loosen the oil pan bolts a little to see if that allows the timing chain cover to drop enough to line up all the holes. Any suggestions?
You are correct. Install timing cover first. Then install oil pan. Ask me how I know!!!! Took me 4 hours to learn that one.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #45799
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Two more coats of paint on today...maybe ill get started on the fun details tomorrow!

And I've seen it mentioned all over the forums but I hate how stupidly hard it is to upload photos from mobile now. What gives? I have the camera set to the lowest setting, the smallest size, lowest quality and its still too large to upload. Sometimes I can crop them and make them work but most times I can't....very irritating.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #45800
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Two more coats of paint on today...maybe ill get started on the fun details tomorrow!

And I've seen it mentioned all over the forums but I hate how stupidly hard it is to upload photos from mobile now. What gives? I have the camera set to the lowest setting, the smallest size, lowest quality and its still too large to upload. Sometimes I can crop them and make them work but most times I can't....very irritating.

Cheers
I've had to send everything to photobucket and then copy the IMG code over to here. Much more of a pain

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #45801
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
I've had to send everything to photobucket and then copy the IMG code over to here. Much more of a pain

Your answer:
Quote:
Heads Up!

Today morning to about Thursday morning there will be some maintenance being performed on the database that manages the half million plus attachments stored on the site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but attaching images to posts on the site will be disabled while the maintenance is being performed. If you must post content that is image heavy this weekend you may need to use image hosting options like flickr, IMGUR, or TINYpic. This is expected to be completed by thursday morning EST. This was expected to happen over the past weekend but there where some technical issues encountered held it up. The directories will be read only just for a few days.

Thanks for your patience.

-Philip
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #45802
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The GF has been dieing to hit up one of the local spots(not that I disagreed lol) but it is a little tougher of a trail than I wanted to go on while still breaking everything in but I said " Ill go easy" lol

Then I remembered, theres really no way to go through here easy haha

But everything held up! It seems a little bouncier than I remembered. Im going to take the bushings out, regrease and re torque everything cause I have the Teraflex shock bar with only one shock on it right now nd I figured it should have been softer

And I know, the ubolts.. I didnt cut them yet because I have the deaver spring plates to install but I found out the u bolts I have arent threaded far enough so I have to buy new ones anyways
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #45803
20jeepster10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...epster/tj1.jpg
Bought its replacement lol 2004 rubicon to use as a daily driver

Last edited by 20jeepster10; 06-27-2013 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: tried to add a picture
20jeepster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #45804
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20jeepster10
Bought its replacement lol 2004 rubicon to use as a daily driver
Hell yeah man! So are you keeping the YJ or selling?

Sent from my broke *** IPhone
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #45805
20jeepster10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

well its up in the air, i love the red one but the rubicon is so nice ,im scared to wheel it lol for right now, maybee after the first payment is sent in
but i probably am going to sell the YJ I may part it too, good frame good tub etc..
20jeepster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #45806
Scorch1969
1991 YJ Wrangler 

quick easy oil change ( 1500 km on new engine ) till oil filter remover self distructed, went to screw driver threw filter and twist untill shredded filter completly,next hour swearing and staring at it wondering how i would ever get the rest of it off. got it all off and thought i would tackle something less frustrating. hard top does not sit down all the way on new windshield frame. so up i hoisted the top and took another look at new frame and old frame. Not the Same along the top edge. new frame has a big lip that soft top may clip into, old frame has no lip atall. removed all new seals to see if it would sit lower, no way. bent lip over more in hopes that it was the cause, but no. abandon the top project and investigate under jeep for knocking noise. exhaust down pipe hitting on front drive shaft, after market steering hitting on diff cover, drag link could be hitting tie rod were they connect together. quit drinking 10 + years ago, really thinkin of starting again.
Scorch1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #45807
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I never understood why people tighten down the oil filter so much. I hand tighten and hand loosen my filter every oil change, no need for special tools. I had to use the screwdriver trick on my old car when I first got it cause the previous owner must have done the same.
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #45808
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98
I never understood why people tighten down the oil filter so much. I hand tighten and hand loosen my filter every oil change, no need for special tools. I had to use the screwdriver trick on my old car when I first got it cause the previous owner must have done the same.
Buy a k&n oil filter, pricey but they have a spot for a 3/4 inch wrench on the end. Never have to worry about using the screw driver method ever again. I never understood y they tighten them so tight either. It's always the Lube n go places that put it on tighter than god himself can haha
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #45809
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I still wouldnt feel right using a 3/4" wrench to put my oil filter on, or paying 2 or 3 times the price lol just hand tighten and go
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #45810
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Buy a k&n oil filter, pricey but they have a spot for a 3/4 inch wrench on the end. Never have to worry about using the screw driver method ever again. I never understood y they tighten them so tight either. It's always the Lube n go places that put it on tighter than god himself can haha
BEst oil filter wrench I have ever owned was an extra large sized pair of channel lock pliers....

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.